Liverpool-crewe 1958 Is The First Steam Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Jan 22, 2022.

1. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I know but occasionally I like to indulge in wild speculation

• Like Like x 2
  2. DampWool

DampWool Member

I assume I can save money by taking the 'Prepurchase' option on Steam but it does not say so explicitly. Can anyone confirm that the prepurchase price is discounted?

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

No it is not. Standard DLC route pack price £24.99. And they won't discount it now as there would be howls of fury (and refund requests) from those of us who have already pre-ordered!

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Well in that case can we have a full freight run, Felixstowe to Tinsley in a class 66. This would need the Greater Anglia lines from Felixstowe freight to Ipswich, the mainline to Stratfor, North London Line, ECML (including the Divert via Palmers Green) from Highbury to Doncaster and the line to Sheffield including the Rotherham loop

Of course this needs to be fully populated with about 30 different locos and units and fully timetabled throughout

And now I'm going for a lay down... :love:

5. ARuscoe

No "preorder discount"

6. DampWool

DampWool Member

Thanks for the quick response. So it would appear that paying for it now would be utterly pointless unless one wanted to help DTG with their cashflow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I will wait to the see the reviews and see if it’s discounted in June. If not may buy it then as the following Steam sale is Halloween and I don’t want to wait that long to play it. Possibly 40% off at Xmas.

If there is nothing I need to buy in a sale in the next four weeks I will definitely buy it.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Essentially yes. It's not as if digital downloads go out of stock!! I made a personal decision to pre-order to show support for the project but that hasn't stopped me posing the question (probably won't get asked) in the thread for tonight's stream about why there is no discount.

I just hope they don't end up doing a Sherman Hill with it, as I picked that up when heavily discounted after only a few months on sale. Would be well gutted.

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Cinch get Joethefish on it. He's the Greatest of all timetablers ;)

Hentis

10. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Maybe a loco dlc pack or something similar for a late/summer release?
    As obviously being London and Crewe there is so much to choose from and diversity was massive in that era? We've had similar-ish with the BRHFP?

Although not sure if its wishful thinking to hope for a pack with a buffet car and a tank engine or something to run local services :) Although I'd imagine they'd want to wait and see how the steam release goes and any fixes or adjustments needing to be made before looking at dlc

11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you are worried about. Their profits went up by about 40% in the last accounts they filed with the company commission (or whatever its called in the UK). They moved their HQ from Scotland to England as well.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If there is any loco DLC this route cries out for it is a shunter. Don't care which one, although obviously some kind of 0-6-0T or 0-4-0T

13. ARuscoe

Companies House
    And they changed their registered address. Their head office has been in Chatham for a while. The two don't have to be the same thing in the UK (many of the companies I work with have their accountants office as their registered address. Saves having angry people turn up at their office door demanding to see a manager.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

There's nothing obvious about excluding the LMS diesel shunters which were at Speke, and then Crewe, alongside BR diesel D2s (TOPS 04), D3s (TOPS 08), D10s (TOPS 20).

15. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So the first thing to note is that this route has 135 services (about 30+ for the 8F and nearly 100 for the Jubilee), which is actually quite a bit more than I what I thought was going to have.

The route also has 6 scenarios and 5 tutorials (2 extra tutorials covering Signalling and refuelling for the locos).

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  16. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I think it depends on where your interests lie. I have no interest in shunting, but generally find stopping trains more interesting than express passenger trains, so for me it cries out for something to haul those. Mind you, a 4MT tank would probably meet both requirements.

17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This route cries for a good shunting engine with three huge yards. What a waste not to have one.

• Like Like x 6
  18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

After watching the steam tonight I will definitely buy it on pre-order, so much to do and get for your money that £24.99 is a bargain. As JD said if there was a pre-order discount that price would be higher. Just got to decide whether I buy the PC or Xbox version.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well after today's stream, I got one bold word to say about this route: Day-One!
    Can not wait to see the next stream with the 8F for a drive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

The LMS only had a handful of 0-4-0Ts, mostly to be found at docks and other locations with very tight curves, but there were over 400 Jinties.

21. Aldarion

Aldarion Member

I just wished that since there is no discount... there could be an early-acess...:love:

• Like Like x 1
  22. chris-wall75

chris-wall75 New Member

game not worcking my xbox and pc