Uk Train Sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, May 26, 2022.

1. Hi Is anyone a member of this group?

I was wondering how you sign up to the group. Twice I've tried now and I never received the email with my randomly generated password.

I've tried 2 different email addresses, checked my spam folders but nothing.

First email address I did a week ago and the second today.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

3. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Not a very good group to join. Members can make rude comments about other members and insult them. I found the mods there very weak and wouldn't think for themselves when members were rude to others. I was quite often in the firing line for being insulted and having rude comments made about me by one particular person and when I complained to a mod their response was that they didn't break any of the forum rules. If that particular person made those sorts of comments on here or any other forum that I belong to they would get suspended for a period of time and if they kept on doing it which they did they would be removed. I eventually left after being a member for about 10 years and what a weight it was off of my shoulders when I left. That particular person made my life a misery.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OldVern

I rejoined after a long absence but TBH there’s not much life over there. Most worthwhile discussion about DTG products can be had here these days. File library is still handy but I get the impression the people now running the site are quietly running things down.

5. trev123

trev123 Active Member

You don't have to be a member of the forum to use the file library as that is a separate login. I'm still able to get in there and sometimes take out a monthly subscription to do so. When I joined it was really the only place to go for TS stuff but now there are better forums around this forum being one of them.

6. OldVern

Indeed. During my self exile from the forum I was still able to access the file library. What I couldn’t do though was respond to feedback on my own uploads. The switch to maximum monthly subscriptions has led to some concerns about long term prospects for the site..

7. Hi.

What other forums are there besides this one?

Thanks.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

9. OldVern

I use the FB page a little but not the forum. There are no restrictions on "swearies" if you happen to find that kind of thing offensive.

The other place is Railworks America but their forum moderation policies can merge on oppressive at times even if your criticism is presented in a balanced and constructive manner. Also as the name suggests, it's primarily orientated to the North American side of TSC.

10. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

I remember back in the days of MSTS UKTrainsim was the place to go, great file library, and about the only forums for UK stuff.

But I now feel the site has outlived its usefulness, is functions being replaced by the steam workshop, and the forums here.

Also I feel it probably lacks clear leadership now, it definitely lost something when Matt peddleston stopped running it. Don't get me wrong, I think Matt is contributing far more to things by being at DTG, and could not combine the two, but some new vision is needed at UKTrainsim

• Like Like x 1
  11. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Most of the major TSC developers have pages on Facebook and Twitter these days and post their latest news on developments on these platforms and you can also get help from them if using any of their software directly.

12. Would you believe me if I said I'm not a fb user.
    Mainly interested in route building.
    Just after a few tips/tricks.
    I read that uk trainsim was the place but reading the replies, maybe I was miss informed.

Thanks.

13. trev123

trev123 Active Member

There are good route builders over at Railworks America who can give you advice on route building if you need it. Railworks America - Railworks America

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Before you dismiss UKTS based on other opinions have a read of this forum
    https://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewforum.php?f=365
    You won't be able to reply without bing a member

15. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not that I would entertain ever posting there again mind.

Last edited: May 29, 2022