PlayStation Keyboard Support For Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by joseph4850, Aug 27, 2018.

1. joseph4850

joseph4850 New Member

Personally, I like to play some games controller and some keyboard however I don't have a Windows computer to play TSW on so I play it on the PS4. TSW is one of those games I would love to play with a keyboard so I plugged my keyboard and mouse into my PS4 however I noticed that you can use some elements to drive the train with the keyboard but no controls for the keyboard appear on the game. Also I would like to note that the mouse doesn't work meaning I have to go back to playing with a controller which I don't mind but it would be nice to see keyboard support there. Is this something you would like to see and will this be added in a future update?

• Like Like x 4
  2. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

I also have TSW but refuse to play it until it's compatible with the RailDriver controller which would probably require another version of MacroWorks. I know, I'll most likely be waiting until hell freezes over.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

A keyboard does indeed work with the PS4. As far as I can tell all the pc keyboard controls work the same. There are various pc manuals online showing the keys.

• Like Like x 1
  4. joseph4850

joseph4850 New Member

Mouse support isn't included for me though which is the main thing I would like to see included within the PS4 version of the game

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ali D

Ali D Member

Does anybody know if the auto brake key isn't working on keyboard when using on ps4 as I'm pressing the corresponding button from manual but it doesn't work . The release button works !!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Omenanraato

Omenanraato Member

that's the only button that does not work. Without proper support for the keyboard, nothing can be done for that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ali D

Ali D Member

Cool cheers for clearing that up .

• Like Like x 1
  8. muertedechurra

muertedechurra New Member

Full keyboard and mouse support is a must! I just bout train sim world on the ps4 and the controls are so foreign to me because I'm used to playing simulators on the PC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave93

Dave93 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave93

Dave93 New Member

I feel the same I would rather use a keyboard and mouse for this game as the controller feels wrong and if your not careful you can move the reverser by mistake which in some cases shuts the engine down so please Dovetail sort this out for us.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

Is it possible to use any Bluetooth keyboard on PS4 and a controller at the same time?

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes. I do

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dougal

Dougal Member

Hi, I currently use my Keyboard (Spainish) where all the keys except the train brake application which does not work, however the ñ release works fine. I submitted a ticket to DTG on this matter and they promptly responded with the following :

Hi Douglas,

The PS4 version does not officially support the use of a keyboard.

Whilst some controls may work this is not intentional.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

I will try an English keyboard as I've heard that the train brake application works? It would be good if the mouse worked and you could zoom in and out, could operate buttons and the map points switch, as at present the dual shock is a little clunky. However the dual shock enables the 101 gear to be very smooth from personal experience. I use the HUD at present which I feel should be lockable on the screen as it does obscure view and buttons.

14. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

I sometimes use a keyboard to play tsw on xbox, i have both consoles. All the buttons work except for the increase brake button

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dougal

Dougal Member

It would good to have DTG rectify this at their earliest opportunity, as it's seems across all keyboards not just a Spanish version.