Patch Notes For Update 30th May?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, May 30, 2022.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't own SoS, so it's an update for something. Can't find Patch notes listed in the announcement forums, so are they somewhere else to be found?

upload_2022-5-30_15-14-58.png

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Preserv update

3. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

JD is probably writing it as we speak

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's nice, but how do I know what exactly has been updated? I'd like to read the patch notes.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

6. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

These are really good, very pleased with the changes including some long-standing issues. Thank you!

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hmm. No fix to the collectable shambles on Ruhr Sieg Nord. Fully expected this seeing as it is one of the worst routes for collectable accuracy.

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Massive one. Return to castle RSN very possible.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sorry for the delay.

bathes sore fingers in milk

• Like Like x 8
  10. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

wow, that's some update.

the bits im most interested in are the raildriver updates... seem's most loco's i'd drive now have raildriver control,

very interested in the '[All locos] Updated RailDriver compatibility, and button mapping to bring it in line with convention' bit,

i'm waiting for my TSW2 to update to check it out, but i'm hoping this means the same buttons on the raildriver will operate the same controls on the trains, across all trains that share those controls...
    i.e. PZB Wachsam will be the same raildriver button on all German locos, and not a different button on the raildriver depending on the loco you are driving.... that'll help people who use a raildriver and print out the button legends, no more swapping legend sheets between loco's and possibly breaking the hinge of the legend cover bit.

what i'm really hoping for is a universal door operation method for loco's and driving trailers / dosto cabs,

a couple of buttons that move the TAV / door side release rotary switch, and 2 buttons that operate the actual door open/close switch in the cab.

my wish would be for the 4 way direction control on the raildriver to operate the position of the door side release switch in German trains,

so pressing right turns the in cab rotary switch to 'release right doors only'
    pressing left turns it to 'release left doors only'
    pressing down turns it to 'release left and right doors'
    and pressing up turns it to 'lock all doors'

i.e mimicking the in cab 4 position rotary switch.

Then the up and down button next to the 4 way buttons operates the 'door open / close' switch (the white 'sonderhebel' to the right of the brake levers)

in EMU's and DMU's that have 3 push buttons for the door controls, it could be the same 4 way button, simply left for open left, right for open right, and up or down for close doors.

Then the other buttons along the raildriver can be used for all the other controls in the cab.

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Nice to see a number of issues solved now, but still waiting for a large number of annoying issues, like the BR422 and BR425 where you need to stand and sit down before it will listen to the Q the acknowledge Sifa or PZB, the Chinchfield service you cannot finish, the broken G6 services and a lot more. Not talking about Oakville and Peninsula Corridor, the very annoying M3 bug which refuses to stop ringing till you overspeed (ATC related). I still think more effort must be done in at least fixing the most annoying issues.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gazz292

Having a quick look to see if any new keybindings are present... they are, but only for the steam trains i think ... as expected... but:
    anykey.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  13. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

30GB download - hope you've got a high-speed Internet connection!

14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Mine downloaded relativity quick

15. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

It's only a 1.8GB download, the 30GB is the size on the disc. (Don't forget, it will probably replace roughly 30GB of old files)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. gazz292

yeah. it downloaded fairly fast, took longer to install i think,

my TSW2 folder is sitting at 42.9 gigs, was maybe half a gig lower before, i've got all the german content except a few shunters, the 187 and tharandter rampe.

Just tried the raildriver out (my real one, not the one i'm making)
    the release notes say they have moved the buttons about on most trains to be in line with convention, i took this to mean every German train will have the PZB Wachsam, Frei and Befhel on the same buttons,

and likewise the door controls on the same buttons between trains etc.

But just tried the BR101, and it's still got buttons all over the place, in different places from the dosto i tried after.

The raildriver calibration screen that shows the buttons for each loco is showing things like the big up/down button is mapped to 'gear up/down' on the BR101 and a few other German loco's... what's that about?

17. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's a just reinstall the updated routes update, as I'm quite low on disk space.

Edit; this isn't a complaint, btw, it's nice to see so much getting updated and upgraded.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. DenisJura

DenisJura Member

Hello and Thank's for this update : Problem with Ruhr Sieg Nord:
    My game is in French and the DB 767.2 controls are in Spain

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  20. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Had a quick look at RSN the route is now lovely. Did you add more distant trees?

The only problem I've found so far is the RSN 143 and the 425 now have glowing decals in the cab somewhat noticeable in the day, but very noticeable in the dark. The 143 also has glowing decals outside too, such as the DB logos and loco numbers.

21. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Service 2331 which is an M3a move on Harlem is now playable. Before, inbound AI trains got tied up before Crestwood causing a blockage.

22. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

Thank you DTG for this Update.
    It is nice to have a nice Route, but you forgot all the Sound issues.
    I cant use the nice routes with the standard rolling stock. My ears hate that. :)
    so i can only use the DB BR 101, G6 and 363. Thats the only (german) locos in TSW 2 with good Sounds.

I hope you manage the issues after the Spirit of Steam release.
    include the new glowing issues.
    20220530201323_1.jpg

23. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

• [DB BR 101] AI trains were not running with passenger lights turned on – they now are
    still no lights on 20220530210035_1.jpg

and please fix the light issues on stations. 20220530204004_1.jpg 20220530204029_1.jpg 20220530205631_1.jpg

24. Clumsy Pacer

25. Solowing

Solowing Member

Great update, now you won’t be able to play on the gamepad without stuttering. Since when you switch any toggle switches, the game switches to keyboard control and back to the gamepad, as a result of which you catch stuttering.

26. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Good update, Its a beefy one. Luckily after a few complaints and threats to our internet provider I can now download at 120 mbps, for the same price we used to get 3!!
    That rush hour update was not fun (the disaster on last summer)

• Like Like x 1
  27. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Sind this now seems to be the unofficial update feedback thread, here are a few things I noticed during The British Ace’s stream:

Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    • [EDIT: This has now been disproven down below. Might be a platform-specific issue, or just a one-time problem during the stream.] The amount of DB BR 425 services has been reduced. It now only operates the RB33 services between Duisburg and Essen. The Regional Express services appear to have been given to layered Doppelstock consists instead. This is probably more accurate, but we also have to take into account that players without layers will now no longer have access to these types of services.
    • There’s an extremely loud level crossing near Wattenscheid-Höntrop which is literally audible from miles away. Kind of funny, but definitely not working as intended!
    • On parts of the track with bright sleepers, there seems to be a sizable dark blob traveling on the tracks in front of the player. It’s very apparent when viewed from the cab at high speeds and is there all the time. Probably a bug with the new track rendering.
    • The issue where players are randomly given the DB BR 422 from HRR or RRO when starting a service has still not been fixed. This causes all kinds of issues, especially incorrect onboard PIS destinations.
    • The platform displays - including virtual stations - seem to be working quite well. However, the stations on the small line above the big destination are unable to scroll and thus cutoff quite inelegantly. This might be a core issue not limited to this particular route, though.

Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    • The decals (especially the DB logos) on the newly updated DB BR 143 seem to be glowing quite intensely, even during the day.

• Like Like x 1
  28. CowBoyWolf

upload_2022-5-30_21-53-54.png RE services still exists for the 425 on HRR

29. CowBoyWolf

The Dosto's run RE6, RE2 and RE1

30. Clumsy Pacer

Is it one of those things where its hidden behind repaints that just change the consist?

31. CowBoyWolf

Nope

32. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

The Talent 2 now has a few issues:
    The PZB is fixed, which is great
    The PIS on the front car works
    The PIS on the rear cars of each unit doesn't and causes a texture bug
    Also not sure about the rear lights
    [​IMG]

There is one set of doors per side of each unit that now is misaligned
    upload_2022-5-30_22-51-12.png
    I've tested this in a couple of services and restarted the game a couple of times

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Clumsy Pacer

What is it with Adam's team and spectacularly breaking specifically Rapid Transit and the 1442?
    There was a whole load of issues when the update launched IIRC, then they broke the PZB and now they've somehow moved the doors.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Only one set of doors for some reason that is
    Also apparently AIs drive completely without headlights now

35. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

So much for all the time spent in testing! That same old queston, how are these things not being noticed before release?

• Like Like x 7
  36. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you, I've flagged to the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I wonder if headlights is a core thing as I have noticed mine no longer work on Horseshoe which to the best of my knowledge is untouched? Anyone else have headlight issues?

38. 5cip

5cip Active Member

Thank u DTG for the update that is what i wanna c :D

39. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

As for the PIS texture bug:
    Apparently it makes the window rim become invisible from within the cab too
    Normal:
    upload_2022-6-1_8-30-11.png

With the bug:
    upload_2022-6-1_8-31-30.png

40. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´ve got glowing number plates and "DB" emblems on AI BR112 on HRR, RSN and HHL. PLUS the normal headlights. Go figure!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  41. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the broken G6 scenario which was impossible to complete is now able to be completed? Can't see it mentioned in the patch notes but surely they haven't left it broken?

42. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

And what about the missing rolling sound for the RT 442? Why is this sound missing sindlce release and DTG is unable to add it but has since produced more versions of the 442 which all have this sound?

The code might be a mess but it can't be that big of a mess? DTG?

This is absolutely immersion breaking (and coupled with the now introduced bugs is basically the nail in the coffin for RT).

How can you release a train without sound like this and the 182 also has no rolling sound? Why DTG?

Stuff like that should never make it through QA testing before Release but somehow you are not able to fix it years after release but add other stuff to the route that introducec 10 new bugs?

• Like Like x 1
  43. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I hope someone from DTG like DTG JD can answer this question.

44. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Man they made a joke with the BR 204. Any recent routes now allow it to sub in. I was happy when I noticed it that I can get some use of a small diesel loco, a bit faster than the 363 on a mainline.

Here is the catch, it subs in, but for full mainline locos, like the BR 155 does. Imagine having to pull a 2000 ton train over a hill with the thing. So much for the long promised shunter substitution. We know Rivet abandoned fixing it, so this would kind of be a second chance for the loco, to use it for some better scenarios as a sub in. But we got it subbing on A->B timetables mostly, well done :D

45. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Last time when i used the 182 it had really great sounds. But it wasnt on rapid transit.

So the running sounds are gone now?

46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The 204 was designed as a dual purpose locomotive, like an American Geep. Shunting and light local freight, both.

47. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

I have read about the 204 being dual purpose, and could see that working out for example on Riesa Dresden, pulling the short trains from Riesa to the Chemical Plant similar to the longer services on MSB, but no way can it pull a decently long consist on an electrified mainline with keeping the track speeds. And it is missing from exactly those services.

48. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It isn't supposed to maintain line speed; in fact, IIRC it is governor-limited to 80 km/h.

49. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

For the real one, it depends on the exact train. Former DR V100s are somewhat popular with private EVUs and do pull mainline trains (though often in pairs). They’re either used for work trains or for trains needing last-mile diesels. Being limited to 80/100 km/h depending on the loco is not such a huge deal for freight trains - no freight train exceeds 120 km/h and the slow and heavy trains these would be used for will likely find themselves in PZB mode U anyways. Talking about the one in-game though, it can barely pull anything thanks to how badly Rivet messed it up.

50. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Intresting fact on the same topic, on RSN the 204 has 4 services available (without the 363 DLC at least), the ones where you are moving the log cars from Hagen to Boele and back, and those are really better suiting the loco as opposed to what I could find on SKA and BRD. Normally I think the game uses a 185 or 155 to do this which is pretty overkill for the consist. Sadly all the services are during the night.

[​IMG]

Since the line speed is pretty limited in the loop the slow acceleration was not an issue, and otherwise a single loco was able to pull the waggons easily. I don't think the double formation can be achieved in TSW as a sub in, unless the original consist also has 2 locos sadly.