Train Sim World 2 - Spirit Of Steam Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 31, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Gonna grab this one tommorow!

3. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

the wait is finally over, this is a very massive milestone in TSW2s history and certainly one we will never forget, well done DTG

• Like Like x 5
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

5 years in the making of steam, and it's well worth it no matter what.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Lots of great work put into this dlc has paid out very well :cool:

6. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The firste "Sprit of Steam" route experience is really impressive, including the original sound, the convincing steam particle system and the new motion blur effect. Even on the 8th gen it looks fantastic. Of course it's a bit tricky to control a steam locomotive correctly or you have to get used to it first. The pressure in the boiler is always very important, if it is too low, the steam locomotive literally runs out of breath. Also nice: the water and coal loading tutorial! ;)

f.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback, Sparmi :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

Journey Mode - Chapter 2 - Ride 2.
    I cant move this train. not forward and not backward. what make i wrong?

9. DTG JD

Hey - this is a known issue to do with the brakes on mineral wagons (noted here). As a workaround, you can manually unlock the brakes by pulling the brake cord underneath each wagon. Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

DTG JD thanks for the help. but i cant find any brake cord. :) sry i am blind.
    you have a picture?

11. DTG JD

I do!

upload_2022-5-31_19-46-25.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The bad: Journey mode is broken like hell again. My coal buddy is permanently invisible. Meh
    The good: everything else.

Technically not perfect, but the gameplay is just amazing and the sounds are ultra-fantastic. This is far beyond my imagination about how DTG can develop. A very good DLC. The milestone. Mandatory purchase. I don't like the steam era but this is extraordinary.

• Like Like x 3
  13. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

I really like the Dlc. I play on PS5 and it just runs great. I also have the trackjoint sounds, so i dont know if theyre just disapeared on Xbox and PC or the PS5 Users are just lucky. Hope we get some german and american steam engines in the future

14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is one amazing dlc . The sounds , the locomotives , the stations - everything . Even though I was not there in 1958 , this gives me a good indication of what it was like . Well done DTG , hopefully you can continue to make dlcs at this standard in the future

• Like Like x 2
  15. DTG JD

Invisible fireman is known and an improvement is in the works for the post-release patch (it's operational, but just not visible).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

17. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

18. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Overall very happy with the route and worth every penny. Well done DTG and lets hope we can have more steam in the future.
    I truly believe you should be very proud of yourselves. Well done!!!

19. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yes, I also noticed some track sounds although they are quite faint. Also ps5.
    This is a very good dlc with a lot of attention given it. I can only assume that the further planned improvements for manual firing will add even more depth.
    Would now love a focus on stock and loco dlc rather than further routes to make this really live.

• Like Like x 2
  20. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

Absolutely brilliant DLC, and I'm loving everything about this so far! Top work Dovetail, your best work yet!

• Like Like x 4
  21. Dustysideboard

Dustysideboard Member

Massive milestone just made in the game, steam has been worth the wait. Yes there are some minor issues but this is fantastic and well beyond my expectations!

Great job by all involved and on a mammoth task and game development learning experience! The regular updates streams and screenshots too were a good touch so the progress could be seen!

• Like Like x 2
  22. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I don't really like the couple era, bought just to try and have a complete collection. I'm surprised how fascinated I am by this supplement and I get a lot of pleasure from driving. Physics and dynamics are great. Sounds good, I'm waiting for the sound of the track to be corrected. Slightly deserted landscape and low traffic, but overall very happy with the purchase. Thank you DTG for the good work.

A separate wish. I want the scenarios not to be included in the travel and schedule mode. For the future, I want to have a separate large section of interesting scenarios, which did not mix with anything. As well as learning scenarios. There should be a separate module for those who need it.

23. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

It's been quite emotional finally getting some steam locomotives in tsw2. In 1958 I was 12 months old. My first experience of trains was screaming my head off as a steam engine hurtled through our local station a few yards from my pushchair. Dad was a driver on the Leeds to Holyhead route and his favourite engines were the Jubilees. I grew up with the sound of 8Fs struggling up to Oldham with long trains of vans. My wife bought me a OO gauge 8F for Christmas and a year later, a Jubilee, Orion. We went on couple of railtours behind Leander between Manchester Victoria and Edge Hill in 1980. We saw Bahamas many times at the Dinting railway Centre and at the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. In 2019 my wife bought me a PS4 for our anniversary and she enjoyed listening to the sound of the 101 as I drove it up and down the Tees Valley every evening. She would have loved this. But unfortunately I lost her to cancer last year. I haven't played tsw2 much of late but last night's first experience with the steam engines was wonderful. I feel like a whole new set of possibilities has been opened up. People are talking about the railways and trains I knew and it's great that young people are asking questions about small and large ejectors and the intricacies of valve gear.

It's not perfect, especially on my old ps4 but what a first attempt! Fixes will come and hopefully successful sales will encourage the release of more locomotives to swell the timetable. Many thanks to all involved, this is something I've been waiting for for 3 years and to be honest, I didn't think anyone was interested in tackling it but you did and in my opinion it's a triumph. I just need to buy a PS5 now to enjoy it to the maximum. Cheers!

• Like Like x 40
  24. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Sir, this is truly a fantastic and heartwarming story.
    I am back home over in DK this week and haven’t got my PS4 with me, so I am reading the reviews to judge whether I should buy it or not, and this has sold it for me. :)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Thanks friend. As I said, it's not perfect but well worth £25. To be honest, I was so engrossed in what the engine was doing I didn't have much time to look at the scenery. I'm going to take the old 101 for a run along the route to have a good look. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

A lovely story, sorry to hear about your wife, so glad you are enjoying the route.

• Like Like x 3
  27. DTG JD

After a tough couple of weeks, this has really pulled my heartstrings. Much love to you, and so glad that it's bringing back some lovely memories.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

That is a wonderful story . Stay strong my friend

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Umcharly

Umcharly New Member

Hello, I have purchased this new feature for my xbox s, but I can't find the installed download under TSW2.
    What has go wrong ?
    Ulrich

30. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

How long ago? If "a few minutes" please be aware that downloads can take a long time especially for large content like SoS. If your system has a download monitor check it out and see if the content is still downloading or installing.
    If it's a while ago (ie over an hour depending on your internet connection) then hopefully someone from DTG will come back on this query

31. Umcharly

Umcharly New Member

Hello, I could solve the problem, because I Have forgotten to reactivate the microsoft account for downloading.

• Helpful Helpful x 1