Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 1, 2020.

1. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

The bug where if you move a few feet away from the Talent 2 the train model gets 'mangled' (technical term :)) is also still there, this was introduced a number of updates ago but still has not been fixed.

2. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya
    Can you DM the support ticket number you submitted for this issue? I have nothing on my radar noting any such issue or it being reported.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Hi Adam, I did not log it as I am sure it was flagged by another player on a thread a while back, I will see if I can find the details but can also log a ticket. It's quite easy to spot as is even present when selecting the Talent 2 in the menus, seems like the LOD is messed up when viewing from a certain distance, when you are close to the train it is fine but if you walk back a few feet the polygons just break down and it looks wrong. Sorry if my explanation is not clear will try and post a screenshot later.

Forgot to add I am on PS4 it may be fine on PS5

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The LOD is very low compared to other models and I think it’s because the DB BR 1442 was done on the OG TSW with a different technique and I think in order to make it playable for the console they had to lower the LOD but I reckon when you move away from 2 meters it starts to looks like “cubic”

5. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Thanks for the additional details. Of all our testing on this route/train including our new console group we have not encountered something like this or received any feedback about such. In the words of Johnny 5 from the film Short Circuit - "Need input" :)

It is always best to log any issue experienced regardless if someone else may have logged it. In this instance it seems like no one may have logged it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Is it just me and my old lug holes but had the Sifa got louder and more piercing?

7. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

What QA? Jokes aside: I really don't understand how DTG handles QA. I mean, if you ask anybody who knows DTG what they have in mind when they think about the company's "Bad QA and lazy fixing" is the image of DTG - the product itself is second to that.