Spirit Of Steam Releases

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by colinL, Jun 6, 2022.

1. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I think in the lead up to the Spirit of Steam announcement earlier this year or last year when it was first mentioned that steam trains are coming it was mentioned that there would be different routes coming along in a rather close time window. Basically it was planned to kinda be like the Rush Hour thing. 3 Routes and so on. Well, does anybody know what happened to that? Did I just read some speculations or is this still supposed to be a thing?

2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I believe DTG have worked so hard on producing Spirit of Steam to get it out for this summer, I wouldn’t want anymore routes issued just yet. There is so much to play with in SOS and other released routes to keep us going and interested for some time.

If you are bored get some TSC or TSW2 content in the Steam sale beginning on the 23rd.

DTG are working on a US and German route at present.

3. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Just wanted to know :) I'd believe the German route they're working on is probably steam related then.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I doubt it, with the amount of work DTG had to put in to get SOS out 1st, I wouldn't expect another route with steam at least till next year, I expect both the German Route and US Route to be non-steam. SOS could be a 1 route per year thing.

5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Where did they say Spirit of Steam was going to be 3 routes? I'm still not sure where this idea's come from. Given the route in-game is just called "Spirit of Steam" I think it's safe to assume it was just the name given to the first release.

6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I know I know thats why I wrote that I think I heard that somewhere. I never stated its factual. The rumour I head was that "Spirit of Steam" would be following the same concept as Rush Hour. Just wanted to see if somebody could confirm or deny it.

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well it has gone very quiet about the new German and US routes regardless of era or location.

I would sincerely hope they don't rush to market with another steam route until all the issues with the UK one have been ironed out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m just wondering what any future steam routes will be called, bearing in mind that the Liverpool-Crewe route is just called Spirit of Steam.

9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yeah i don't think they actually said SoS would be multiple routes. I think someone just saw it was in the same stream they announced Rush Hour, put 2 and 2 together to make 5 and everyone else just rolled with it.

We do have a route called "Rapid Transit", though - I think we'll be fine ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Speculation I believe. No dates have been put on any new content. The roadmap stream tonight may have some news.

Paul

11. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Probably this.

• Like Like x 1