Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (99).png

It’s certainly been an exciting couple of weeks around here, with the release of our first ever Steam route for Train Sim World 2. We’ve learnt a lot over the long development of the route, and we’re glad that you’re enjoying your first experiences. We’ve certainly enjoyed your feedback and excitement!

Read More :
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-7-june-2022

And the live stream is available to watch here:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 42
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Oh yes allow rivet to release new dlc's whilst their previous dlc's are not in a good state quality wise. That is totally perfect and makes perfect sense...

I hope it will at least be decent quality

• Like Like x 26
  3. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that the Rivet UK loco is the widely-requested Class 700 for London to Brighton, which DTG have (in my head) outsourced as they're busy with other stuff.

Particularly as from memory Joe has already got slots in the timetable for it, and it plays to Rivet's strengths (IMO).

Disappointed not to see any steam DLC on the horizon though given that SoS is in desperate need of it to fill out the timetable as mentioned elsewhere.

EDIT: Or possibly the new Class 484s for Isle of Wight. Who can say?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  4. tallboy7648

How will the company ensure that any future updates intended to fix or improve something won't cause other issues or break something else. All to often it seems that a update will just cause another unintended issue to happen so what steps are dtg gonna take to ensure what happened with the recent pres crew update doesn't happen again?

• Like Like x 3
  5. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

hudson line or extend the harlem line up to southeast

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

The article mentions the achievements not unlocking on the Xbox. Some of those mentioned also don't work on the PC steam platform

• Like Like x 1
  7. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to see the Class 700 for TSW, I really don’t want it to be made by rivet considering the absolute sham that is the Class 150 Sounds. But hey, maybe they’ve learned and will do a better job with the sounds

• Like Like x 6
  8. tallboy7648

Im sure rivet will model whatever train they make very good. Im concerned about the sounds and physics of the train though considering that the sounds of the 38 stock and the 150 along with the 150s physics weren't great and were a total sham.

Maybe they have improved but I ain't holding my breath. I hope they don't make the Class 700. Maybe they could model as a second party but have DTG or AP do the sounds and physics

• Like Like x 7
  9. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

Rivet shouldn't be allowed to release their own wind until they fix the disgraceful state of existing DLCs.

I'm also a little disappointed that none of the three new pieces of content are steam. Seems a missed opportunity given the work done on steam modelling for Liverpool - Crewe.

• Like Like x 6
  10. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Nice looking roadmap. BIG and full of info.

That's not to say they haven't any in development though :thinking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loving the class 47's and Paddington PIS.
    Looking forward to the releases. Great news about the PS5 dlc limit as well.

• Like Like x 5
  11. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the issues with the Class 150 seem to stem from a poor understanding of the underlying drive mechanics and how they relate to speed.

Rivet's work on electric stock by comparison has been very good in my opinion and frankly if it is the Class 700 then at least someone is doing it and the poor citizens of Balcombe and Salfords etc can have their train service back - it looks like internal DTG DLC lead times are very long at the moment by way of comparison.

I wouldn't expect Rivet to do a steam DLC either as it doesn't appear to be anything they have experience in - perhaps we're more likely to see steam DLC from JustTrains when their releases start appearing.

• Like Like x 6
  12. tallboy7648

I don't get why DTG even allow them to continue to work on DLC's when their previous content isn't in a great state quality wise. They need have some guts frankly and not allow them to release dlc until they improve their older dlc. But they won't because DTG want money.

I am looking forward to the GWR preservation update and the new Bakerloo timetable. I like the PIS as well. I hope those updates roll out smoothly

• Like Like x 6
  13. lachlan smith

do you think they will realse any new routes or expanison packs for bakerloo and GWR

• Like Like x 2
  14. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Exciting! Glad to see Lukas as a German person joining and taking care of German content (please make that Frankfurt route happen soon :))

Also very much looking forward to the Hamburg update. But to be honest, I do not trust pictures like these. Does anyone recognise the loco on the left of which you can only see the roof?
    TSW2_Roadmap_070622_WIP_Watermarked_Screenshots_7.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Either that, or they bring the valenta hst or another loco for west cornwall to make the services more realistic.

3rd possibility and my personal guess: iow class 484.
    Screenshot_20220607-180731_Chrome.jpg

Not sure but the line was closed after withdrawal of the 483 due heavy infrastructure rework.

16. lachlan smith

l hope we see some routes and locos in the future like the M8 or the M9 for the long island railroad

• Like Like x 3
  17. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Just like Irl's IoW the IoW would require an ENTIRE rework in order for the 484 to work

• Like Like x 6
  18. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Seem to be the 112

• Like Like x 3
  19. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Rivet guy 1. Apparently we are making a Class 700
    Rivet guy 2. are we?
    Rivet guy 1. Yeah apparently the TSW Community say we are?
    Rivet guy 2. You Serious?
    Rivet guy 2. we don't even know what we are doing yet so how do they?

• Like Like x 9
  20. annadess

annadess Member

Hi! My question to the team for this Roadmap update is very simple and very limited in scope compared to the other questions here, but I'll give it a shot. Lots of people have voiced their discontent with the new size of the Speedometer HUD after the SoS update, to the point where I have made an effort to give some people a solution via a mod, but that's obviously not an ideal solution. However I'd ask if the Team might consider adding us a few more options to scale this part of the HUD? Maybe rebrand the new default size as "normal" and give us a "small" option that's equivalent to the old size? An even better solution would be an adjustable slider in my opinion, but I doubt we'll be too picky if we do get something. ^^ Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
  21. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

if rivet games, makes another sprinter, i am going to lose my mind

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Or PS5

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I'm glad that development is moving towards preservation updates.

24. tallboy7648

Not sure how they would be able to expand the Bakerloo line to be honest

• Like Like x 1
  25. jakewakefield08

jakewakefield08 Member

Really... how about you get Rivet games to fix the DLC they have already released.

IOW was the first one we give them the the chance. It wasn't the best but it wasn't a bad start. now let's cast to the class 150 the bug where you can't close the doors after redoing your return journey is still there.and not one update .

They really need to sort out there problems.

As no offence but there game quality is poor

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  26. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Quite nice roadmap this month

Nice to see some screenshots of the upcoming preservation work

also shout out to joe for work on Hamburg and Underground

question - does work on the 166 include cab windows function? And is the reading light working now?

to add to the mystery surrounding Rivet Dlc, I think rivet might be quite well suited to bringing a class 442 for London commuter, though I don’t expect it to be so

• Like Like x 2
  27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I am happy that the great western route is getting a huge upgrade, with new audio sound and more assets and features, but what i don't understand is why LIRR is only getting a small upgrade, it should at least be up to standard like all the other routes especially like the Harlem line? Why is the LIRR route only a small upgrade, unless they are announcing another LIRR Route very soon, and that's why they decide to go this route. What I don't understand still is on the audio side. I do see that they are going to add more track joint sound to the Steam Route that was just realized but what about the others. Why is the other old route getting new track joint sound, they need to revamp all of the train track joint sound in general. This is what I still don't understand, the sound department is not giving love to any of the trains in terms of track joint sound, in general. I am grateful that we still have a modder who is able to help in this but really it should be Adams Sound Team to give us better realistic sound throughout all the current train and newer trains with no excuse at all. They need to keep up and give us the player a newer enjoyable experience.

• Like Like x 2
  28. tallboy7648

Oh so it wasn't just me who noticed the large speedo. I don't get why they made it big. That wasn't necessary. I agree that we need a bit more options in that area because DTG doesn't seem to get some things right so it would be cool to customize the speedo and maybe other elements of the hud to our liking in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Rivet will be making a Pacer :D (just a guess...)

I love the InterCity Swallow livery on the 47 and as it is coming via the creator's club it is a sign that this livery is now official. Am looking forward to future content with more swallow liveries to come.

• Like Like x 1
  30. AtherianKing

there was a LIRR update (added PIS) before whilst other routes haven’t had one

31. lachlan smith

l wonder what route will come for this roadmap this month

• Like Like x 1
  32. AtherianKing

UK is back up next announcement

33. tallboy7648

In the last roadmap stream they did say that they would port the sounds of the M7A to the M7. They haven't said though if it will come with the LIRR update or not since they are still working on it. I wonder if they would also be adding the correct pis to LIRR since they have the artwork for it but didn't implement it because of self imposed time constraints

• Like Like x 1
  34. AtherianKing

i don’t think it’s the 112, as ones ahead and it’s roof seems different

Edit: it’s the 155

35. tallboy7648

Yeh but they didn't add the correct pis despite having the artwork. Maybe now they could add the correct pis since they have the artwork and have had the time to work on the route for over a year.

• Like Like x 2
  36. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

For all the money and time we invested we deserve way better than this COMPLETLY AWFUL AND WE DESERVE BETTER

• Like Like x 5
  37. tallboy7648

Could you be more specific. What exactly is awful?

• Like Like x 1
  38. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

That loco seems to be a BR 155.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  39. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

"Last week, we saw the much-anticipated Preservation Crew releases for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, Ruhr-Sieg Nord, and Rapid Transit, in a veritable German sandwich of deliciousness."

I'm sorry but are you actually making fun of us?

HRR and Rapid Trasit are in a demonstrably, objectively worse state than what they were before. And you call it a "german sandwich of deliciousness".

Do you know you can hear a railway crossing in HRR from 2km, which means more than 2 minutes of constant sirens in your ear? It wasn't like this before

Do you know a door on the talent is completely misplaced? It wasn't like this before

You know the Talent has random yellow bars going just beneath the windscreen? It wasn't like this before.

Do you know you still have have to open the doors on the wrong side of the train in Hagen? When will that get fixed? In another 6 months?

Do you know the speedometer in the BR is still misaligned by ~3km/h? When will that get fixed?

That's not a "German sandwich of pure deliciousness"

Only RSN got slightly better, still didn't meet basic expectations.

I really do feel as if I'm being trolled.

• Like Like x 24
  40. AtherianKing

checked in game an the roof matches to the BR 155

• Like Like x 1
  41. tallboy7648

The appropriate term would be a "rotten german sandwich of disgust" in my opinion.

• Like Like x 6
  42. AtherianKing

seems quite like the updates aren’t bringing us back to the routes but are keeping us away until the issues get looked at a while later

• Like Like x 3
  43. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

What's mind blowing is them celebrating those awful updates in the article. I would even go as far as rolling them back, but apparently I am out of touch with the rest of the player base.

• Like Like x 5
  44. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Some interesting notes regarding this roadmap
    • Something that's been overlooked regarding the GWE updates that we are getting two new cement services for that route. Interesting to see what wagon will be used for those services. Will it be more services using the HKA Hoppers, or will the JNA's from East Coastway see some use here, or maybe in a wild shot, the PCA wagons from the Class 31 will be used on those services... just a thought...
    • Loving the look of the new Bakerloo Timetable from the screenshots so far, seems to deliver much more of what you would expect out of an Underground route. Looking forward to getting my hands on it eventually.
    • It admire Joe for atleast going back and bring Hamburg-Lubeck up to same standard timetable wise as his other works like London Commuter, Tharandter Rampe and more. It may be something I have two minds on, but I look forward to seeing what updates he made to that routes timetable when it comes out.
    Also, let me just say one thing regarding the new UK loco from Rivet Games...

We already know what this is...

It may or may not have been leaked in a devblog by them in the weeks leading up to Luzern-Sursee's launch...

...you can work the rest out from there.

• Like Like x 1
  45. AtherianKing

I think the article should have acknowledged the major issues picked up since the recent update, and given us there approach to them

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. tallboy7648

They did say they looked at feedback. If they did I don't get why they are celebrating the updates and act like they are a "german sandwich of deliriousness"

• Like Like x 1
  47. AtherianKing

Are those the ones on their YouTube channel?

• Like Like x 1
  48. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Yes, specifically this one in particular:

All I will say is skip to around 13:04 (near the end of the video) and you will see what I mean.

• Like Like x 2
  49. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Bakerloo line actually feeling like an Underground line, it's been a long time coming.

Curious about this new British loco by Rivet, but very cautious considering their shameful attempt at the 150. I feel like they could maybe do a better job with electric, and that's why I'm hoping it is indeed the Class 700. I really want to see it in the game, so I'm hoping they don't balls it up if it is what they're working on. Of course it could also be the Class 484, but I'd personally be really underwhelmed if this was the case. Of all the routes you'd want to see additional rolling stock on I feel like IOW is literally at the bottom of that list.

My poor heart is still yearning for an Adelante for GWE, but knowing that DTG can't use FGW branding I know it won't ever be in the game, at least not for GWE.

• Like Like x 3
  50. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what the new UK loco DLC is. We still haven't got the two most popular UK diesels - the Deltic and the Hoover so my money is on them. The Hoover might be favourite as it could run on West Cornwall Local (as well as GWR main line with the Diesel classic timetable). The Deltic could run on Trans Pennine.

51. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I can't remember what was previously in the now blurred place, anyone that cares to help me remember?