Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

It was the Class 484, and that is probably what Rivet's upcoming UK loco is going to be.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I think I vaguely remember that.
    Wasn’t the new Isle of Wight loco name visible in a recording of their development software for a short time until they blurred it?

That said, introducing that loco to the IOW route would create a whole lot of new challenges:
    In real life, the route got completely revamped to support new platform heights and service patterns. That would have to be done for the game version as well. But once you do that, the old loco that was initially included with the route no longer accurately works there. So we’d essentially need duplicate versions of the route (old & new).
    Really don’t know if Rivet would bother doing that. All this dev time would be better spent on improving the West Cornwall Local train wreck (pun intended).

• Like Like x 6
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I was looking at the wrong train sorry

• Like Like x 1
  4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

no apology needed :)

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This looks really nice. Has the lighting on GWE been overhauled, to go with the updated skybox by any chance?

3949A5AD-57AF-46ED-B7CD-FDB21DFA6BF0.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Well us germans are not really known for making good sandwiches... :D

Leaving that little marketing speech blurb aside I honestly am quite surprised in a positive way of todays roadmap.

Joes work and talent could make HHL worth getting (for me) and a senior producer with a special focus on german content is also very welcome. Goodbye funny Dosto light configurations? :)

And hopefully the xbox and ps5 issues turn into the last fixing stage in the upcoming weeks... it's about time

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Before I get too excited for the new timetables for Bakerloo and Hamburg, will the second new timetables be available on 8th gen system? TrainSim-Matt

8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DSN BR HEA? All the other stuff above and under that is already in the game. I can't see rivet making a 484 for IOW since they would essentially have to remake it.

I probably missed something though

• Like Like x 2
  9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Matt has mentione that the LIRR route needs alot of signal updates before a new timetable will work. I think it also needs core update for the dispathcer to be done as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Look for the thing that is blurred out. It said something along the lines of a Class 484.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yeh i just spotted the blurred part. I knew I missed something. If it is the 484 I wonder if they will make any changes to IOW so it can run there properly because I am aware that some changes had to be made to the Island line to accommodate the 484s. I'm not sure they would be willing to do that.

If they did, I'd be concerned with the quality of the route based off of recent releases

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

They should! Especially the Bakerloo one. Not too many different types of trains, so memory issues shouldn’t be a problem. London Commuter can run with an insane amount of services even on 8th gen because there are only two train types.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Also doesn't mention those not unlocking on Playstation

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The lighting definitely looks better. Currently it’s way too bright in Paddington and makes the station look a bit basic and bland. That screenshot looks very nice.

• Like Like x 3
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

• Its the Tees Valley PCA tanks and I think the ECW 66. Im not 100% sure. you might need to ask Adam in the stream tonight. If its the ECW 66 then you have the chance to have a few more different liveries on the route than DB RED, GWR Green and EWS Maroon.

As quoted by Joe in the roadmap:-
      "I also added a railtour using the 1938 Stock in its preserved 4-car formation, which gets to do some unique things. There may or may not be some surprises that await for those that own other UK Add-ons!"

Yes Bakerloo looks awesome as well and hopefully a few other surprises in. Although we know Willsden will have static vehicles there I'm wondering if we see AI freight run between Wembley and the WCML Portal at Harrow or may be a Steam tour in each direction over the ECML every hour much like the HST divert on BML.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  16. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

IF, big if, the new "loco" (it's a unit but that's being pedantic) is the Class 484, the IOW route has got to be updated massively to reflect this and that was my worry if they went with this DLC because the Island Line route with the 484s is massively different than that with the 483

• Like Like x 4
  17. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Would be lovely to get the Railpool and MRCE Br185 and Br182 to all the other routes now :D

18. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Oh... All my excitement has immediately dissipated if it's the Class 484.

There are so many routes in TSW2 that could really use additional rolling stock, Rivet's own WCL being one of them. In my opinion IoW is one of the few routes in TSW2 that feels fine with just the one loco. I can't help but feel like this is a missed opportunity to add a bit of much needed variety somewhere else.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Nice to see the the Class 47 in NTP is going into livery editor but I didn't see anything about the 45 and MK2's?

I would of liked to added a few named Peaks and also put the rolling stock into Transpennine Livery as it was around mid eighties.

Also hope something is done on MK2 sounds, there's that awful sound of like someone trying to play some sort of flute........badly!!

20. Officer2506

Officer2506 Well-Known Member

Can confirm. I saw that too before it got blurred. The Folder name was "IOW_IL_Class484 Content".

• Like Like x 5
  21. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

With new timetables added to SKA and Bakerloo any chance of completing the trifecta with a new one for Sand Patch? Especially in the style of Clinchfield?

Still very much looking forward to the "huge" updates for Peninsula Corridor and Oakville, though it seems from their placement on the list that we have a while to wait yet.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Hey all, loving the positive reaction to the BKL and HBK timetable stuff. :D

I just wanted to clarify something with this image below. I took this a quite while ago, before PIS had been added to the timetable. I thought it showed off the traffic nicely but when picking it for the roadmap, I ironically didn't notice the blank PIS until after it goes live. :|

Anyway, thought I'd mention in case anyone is concerned. The PIS for the new AI has been in and working for a couple of months now. :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  23. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Rolling stock moves to/from repairs? In the timetable? Sign me up! Thanks, Joe :D

• Like Like x 6
  24. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I'm loving what I'm seeing this month especially the UK stuff. Loving the screenshots.

25. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I was hoping Rivet where going to be making a Loco for a DTG Route but I am not sure if this is the case as it would require alot more work and co-ordination with DTG. Its more likely it will be for one of their UK Routes. So this limits the options heavily. I hope to be proven wrong but we will see.

26. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I wondered if it would get noticed! :D This was another service I planned for the original release, it was recommended by an IRL driver and it was a ton of fun to program. :)

• Like Like x 12
  27. jakewakefield08

jakewakefield08 Member

What am I ment to be looking at

28. jakewakefield08

jakewakefield08 Member

I found it dw

29. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Rivet could reuse the bodyshell of the Class 150 to make a Class 318 EMU for Cathcart Circle, or maybe surprise us with something different like a Class 03 shunter for IoW.

Any loco DLC for WCL should really coincide with an update for that route, though a Valenta HST or a Class 47 with Mk2 aircons would still be welcome.

Otherwise a good roadmap!

• Like Like x 2
  30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

UK DLC train might be Isle of Wight Class 484 DMU which is what Rivet Games hid on SBB CFF FFS Luzern-Sursee route stream.
    New German route might be HMR Hauptstrecke Munchen Rosenheim with OBB 1116/1216 or HBE Hauptstrecke Berlin Elsterwerda with possiblity of Merging with Riesa-Dresden from Grossenhein to Elsterwerda. Berlin Elsterwerda same length as Sherman Hill new rolling stock DB BR180 DB BR345/346 (DR V60) DB BR219 (DR BR119) IC2 4110 due to both being 76mi 122 km.
    US Route NEC Newark, NJ to New Haven, CT or NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line.
    IOW Class 484 video

• Like Like x 1
  31. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'm please that the GWE seems to be next for release but couldn't DTG be a little more helpful than 'sometime this month' I have been waiting for this for so long I will believe it when it drops. Hope it runs well.

Having already got the IOW route I was a bit surprised at Rivet doing the 484 if it is indeed that. I'm sure they have said in the past that they wouldn't revisit the IOW as it needed too many updates, especially the sea. This begs the question are they releasing the 484 with no changes to the route or will see updates. Love to know what they are?

• Like Like x 2
  32. aLostSoul

aLostSoul New Member

does this mean, that the Dostos PIS display now works with the 146? So far the dostos ZZA becomes a mess, when the player drives a 146 or 182 in front of a regional service

33. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The GWE screenshots look great; I’m really hyped for the update. I don’t suppose the 166 and 43 will have livery designer support in the preservation update?

In regards to the Rivet loco dlc, no thanks. Just look at their shameful attempts of a 150 - a mess. They still haven’t bothered to fix the hundreds of bugs they dlcs have. I sincerely hope they prove my doubts wrong.

Also if they are going to add a 484, they will need to add a passing loop at Brading, and ensure it is in SWR livery, not NSE.

• Like Like x 5
  34. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

i think they have mentioned no livery support with Route update

but they said the 43 isn’t far behind in that regard

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I was also saying on discord earlier that I thought the rivet loco could be a 700 . If it is that would be good because rivet are good at locos

• Like Like x 1
  36. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Oh sorry, I meant the station PIS on the platforms. I only really tell the PIS what stations to display, not the more technically stuff so I can't answer that, apologies!

37. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Can you tell us if the DB BR 112 has been disabled for freight?

38. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

just to add some more for HRR...

The IC cars from the DB BR101 have a huge gap between the cars... which was not there before.
    The rail rendering looks somehow strange... it was better before the update
    The integral lighting of the BR425 is still flickering which is anoying in dusk and dawn.... which is ignored since years

So, are you proud about this update ?

• Like Like x 2
  39. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This could also be a buffer related problem.

40. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I don't think it has. It's not something that I can do in the timetable mode.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

my route sugestion for this roadmap will be hudson line and new haven line

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Andrew Tiffin

Andrew Tiffin Member

I definitely hope that the new UK Loco will be the Thameslink Class 700

• Like Like x 5
  43. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

IMG_20220607_220020.png

Is this a container train on the WCML Tracks on Bakerloo? :D

• Like Like x 6
  44. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I want to be fair, the response to this on stream was good for me. For a moment I thought they weren't even going to mention it, but it's good they did.

I'll believe in any future improvement when I see it, but I want to remain hopeful. I still don't think I will start this game for a few days - not until those issues get fixed, hopefully it won't take 6 months.

Good luck Adam, and hopefully the next updates will be better.

Thanks JD for bringing up the topic and dealing with us salty players.

• Like Like x 1
  45. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I was a bit distracted while Adam talked about the issues with last week‘s update. Did he confirm a fix within the next few weeks, or is this just going to be left the way it is until the next preservation crew pass (in like a year or so)?

• Like Like x 1
  46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would be underwhelmed if the Rivet offering turns out to be the 464. 1) I don't own IoW and don't intend to; and 2) as mentioned above, they would have to either rebuild the route, or have it all be nearly as "wrong" as DLGW.

47. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I believe it was "as soon as possible" as usual... only they know what that actually means.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I don’t really like the new touch on the RSN BR143 where all the text and decals glow in the dark (like someone put the new glow-in-the-night texture for lineside signs from Dresden Riesa into the decals on the loco). And the working PIS on this version seems to have broken one of the other countless versions, since I saw a lot BR143 on Tharandter Rampe where the PIS was black :( supposedly it’s even the version that comes with the route as it was the one which seems to have the sunblinds down when driving.

• Like Like x 1
  49. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Just need to understand well. This month we risk having the +600 bakerloo line services, the arrival of the db br 420?

50. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

will the hudson line come to train sim world 2

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1