Nyc Subway

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by itstypicalrailfanner16, May 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

The NYC Subway line consists of third rail operations with the tracks being

4 ft 8+1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge[10] and powered by 600–650 V DC third rail;[11] normally 625V[10].

The rollingstock consists of:

The R160
    [​IMG]

The R188
    [​IMG]

The R179
    [​IMG]

The R211A
    [​IMG]

And a Maintenace Car (also known as a track geometry car)
    [​IMG]
    These would be really great underground and overground additions to TSC. We can't just live off of Metro North Routes in TSC. Besides, all MN routes are mostly above ground.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I knew this would show up soon. The TTC would work too, and even has an outdoor section of actual service.

3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Well now we do there's interest for rapid transit operations in TSC since the Glasgow Subway has been released, however I doubt it would ever be an effort from DTG themselves, most likely a third party would take it on.

4. itstypicalrailfanner16

Yeah but what kind of third-party would want to do it? Idk any third-party that's ever made, let alone even attempted, to bring an American subway into train simulator classic.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Well, my favourite developer for a NYC subway would be JustTrains. They did a fantastic job with Frankfurt U-Bahn, one of my fav DLC. Glasgow is nice but tiny, not much variation, and does not compare to the huge, varied and detailed Frankfurt U-Bahn JT has produced.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2022
  6. itstypicalrailfanner16

Yeah, the question is whether or not they know about American subways. The level of realism is very important when it comes to NYC. I've only seen NYC over a highway bridge while on a school field trip to Washington D.C. I saw some tall buildings and a railyard. I had a video of an actual NYC subway as well from my field trip, but I don't have my old android with me so I don't even have that video footage anymore. The NYC railyard was also busy as there were consists moving within the yard. Additionally, if you took the right exit or transition, you could see the subway, which was literally 5 or 10 feet next to the highway. I only know the thing was silver, didn't know that much about trains and such so don't know what model I was looking at. This was in 2017 though, so probably not a really new and shiny organization of NYC rollingstock.

7. itstypicalrailfanner16

I've heard from many people that NYC is the worst place to be if looking to take a sub. The subway journeys are uncomfortable. I no doubt believe them. American train rides are almost never comfortable. If you want an authentic train ride of any kind, you'd have to go to Europe and ride some trains in the European countries like Germany, United Kingdom, etc... I've never been anywhere outside of the US, so don't really know too much about foreign trains. I'm also a Manchester, CT person in the USA and haven't really been outside the US. Hell, I've barely left CT except going to D.C., Mass, Canaan, and a little bit of New York (didn't go in the state, just saw it from the highway).

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Oh, they're great. You get on, take an unconfortable seat between a guy who keeps looking at you funny and another who throws up on you halfway through the journey, and then when you're close to your destination, a bunch of fat guys take standing positions in front of you and make it almost impossible for you to get up and leave the train at your stop, then get punched by someone as you try to elbow by. Just another day in the subway. :o

9. NEC Railfan

Seems I've been lucky then, the times I've been on the NYC Subway, people are usually on their phones or asleep. The most uncomfortable situation I've been in is a packed rush hour local that stops every 30 seconds to let even more people in.

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The oldest Line in the System is BMT Jamaica Nassau Street built from 1885 to 1988. 1988 is when the Archer Ave Line Eastern Extension opened. The first full Under Ground routes were IRT West Side Line 42nd Times Square 145th IRT Times Square Grand Central Shuttle and IRT East Side Line 42nd St Grand Central to Atlantic Terminal 1904-1905. Rolling stock there is R62A R142 R142A R62

11. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Got to be the A train to Far Rockaway hasn't it? That route has a bit of everything. I'd happily drive that all day long.

12. itstypicalrailfanner16

Lol, Idk what you're talking about, but idc, I love it. Any suggestion in my suggestion is welcome. I need to hear more of what you want to see. Can't program, but it would be nice to hear from someone else's imagination instead of me making suggestions all the time. I'd personally like to see a LOT of past and current NYC Subway Rollingstock in a dlc. An NYC Subway route is just what TSC needs.

13. NEC Railfan

It's also the longest route, clocking in at 32 miles. I would personally want the IRT's 7th Ave. line due to its history (it was the first line to open in 1904). It does also have elevated sections, but no high speed causeways to Far Rockaway.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

you mean the lexington ave line thats the original IRT line

15. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

The problem is the JustTrains didn't make the Frankfurt U-Bahn, it was UrbanTrainSim, a German 3rd Party Developer, who also made the Hamburg U-Bahn.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

You're right, JT was just the publisher. Thx