Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

want a service on BML that you actually form a 12-carriage train try playing 5A99 which becomes 1A99 Brighton to London Victoria via Haywards Heath at 05:15.
    From Wivelsfield to Haywards Hearth you are simply following the front section which is 1F09 Eastbourne to London Victoria with Red and yellow signals. End of the run you couple to 1F09 at Haywards Heath 05:35 for London Victoria. In reality you can actually do this both ways start on East Coast way 1F09 Seaford London Victoria and then resume on BML to Victoria from Wivelsfield. On the East Coast Way section 1F09 is a smooth ride.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  2. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hmm, that's an annoying bug. Did you start the service via the timetable menu out of interest?

3. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

DCZ: The Freiberg Turn

Start in service 85036: Dresden - Freiberg Sachs at 15:09. This is a nice run with some adverse signals at the start. I ran it with the 182 MRCE because I love being able to double click on the throttle and get the "beep - beep" when the back of my train passes the same point. When you finish this service, continue into free roam for two 85036 Stabling moves that have you park the loco on a track beside your consist.

Then, leave your loco and walk over to the 363 which is ahead and to the left. Service 95036 Eastbound Industry Move is scheduled to start at 16:05. If you are a little late, you can just wait by the consist you left and climb into the 363 when it couples up. When you finish, return to free roam for service 95037 Westbound Industry Move which starts at 16:34 and takes a rake of habbins back to the yard. When you are done, free roam again and wait by the habbins you just dropped off; your original freight loco will couple up to the consist at around 16:49. Get in and take over for the eastbound run down the hill back to Dresden in service 85037 Freiberg Sachs - Dresden starting at 16:52. This should get you back into Dresden around 17:30 for a shift just under 2 1/2 hours.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JustWentSouth

Once again I find myself gravitating back to DRA; I am going without the HUD and, when I run freight, I find it enjoyable to go without AFB as well. It keeps me busy controlling the speed. One freight run I found that was a bit different:

DRA Freight: Dresden - Riesa at 17:28

It is a light train and can run PZB mode M up to 120kph.

You deal with a log jam leaving Dresden. There is traffic that you have to wait on and then traffic waiting on you. Be patient and mindful of being in PZB restricted mode when getting close to a potentially active 500hz magnet. The run is straightforward run once you pick your way out of Dresden.

You don't take the avoiding line. So, near Coswig you get over to the far left hand track at km post 104.6. There is a 120 kph speed warning there, but you should start slowing down to 100 kph because at km post 104, there is a speed trap which will stop you if you are much over 100.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  5. JustWentSouth

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  6. driverwoods#1787

Rhein Ruhr Osten 11:15 freight has a mispelled word PZB Befehl 40.
    I have another Rush Hour Run the 07:27 Dresden Hbf to Roderau freight Riesa-Dresden DB BR143.
    You are going to encounter Two RE50 Talent 2s first is at Dresden Mitte to Dresden Neustadt where it will cross in front of you. The second RE 50 Talent 2 is from Weissig to Glaubitz section it has priority over you. The trip takes 50-60 min.
    Run this Loaded Freight train to 100 kmh (62 mph UK conversion 60 mph US Canada conversion) using the Guide by cwf.green.
    The pantograph procedure can be carried out on MRCE BR185.5 if the game decided to spawn one instead of the DB BR143. The pantograph switch is on the back wall of MRCE 185.5 if spawned for you and you must use the circuit breaker switch to re-energize the locomotive from the rear to front pantograph
    Did this on Foot by spawning at Dresden Hbf 07:25 to which the DB BR143 Auto train spawned. Restarting it gives you an MRCE 185.5 or other locomotive if you have layers

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  7. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

There is a Amtrak 801 SB using the ACS 64 service listed in the spreadsheet but I can't find it in the time table. Did it get removed at some point?

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hm?
    A mile is 5280 feet (1609.344 metres) in all three countries (even agreed by treaty in 1959). The confusion may stem from the fact that 100 km/h = 62.137 mph, but the close-enough conversion is an even 60.

9. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about that. I end up using a UK Magazine Cars Top Gear Autocar and Railway magazine conversion format of 100 kmh to mph that explains to you to why I did that

10. JustWentSouth

I will check on it when I get my PC back early next week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cloudyskies21

For those still interested, another London Commuter recommendation:

1W90 - London Victoria-Brighton - 1657 (GX)

So, this is one of the most interesting services I've played recently. Why you ask? Well, there are loads of adverse signals. Once you reach East Croydon, you've got to wait behind a Littlehampton service which you'll follow all the way to Preston Park, so lots of yellow and red signals. Not sure if this a result of a bug with TSW 2, but some of the GX services would normally pass through East Croydon's platform 2, instead, you've now got to wait for the service to depart Platform 3.

• Like Like x 1
  12. driverwoods#1787

Impressive
    If you have Class 313 DLC you are looking at 5B97 Selhurst TMD to Brighton Lover's Walk TMD. For that Spawn at Selhurst TMD at 15:25 to start parts 3 and 4. you are going to get heavy traffic at Selhurst TMD tracks to Main line Part 3. Part 4 is sections around Reigate 1R41 is blocking you since it has to cross in front of you to access the north downs line and Haywards Heath. Took me 1 hrs because I stuck to Class 313 speed limit 75 mph 120 kmh. Some parts I end up going 85 mph 140 kmh. 5B97 Part 4 encounters yellow and red signals

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

That's by design and I based it on the arrival times at Gatwick Airport. The Gatwick Express left Victoria last and is timed to arrive at Gatwick after the Southern service. As for the other option, if the Gatwick Express were to leave last and arrive earlier, it must then overtake at East Croydon as some others do. :)

• Like Like x 6
  14. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I just tried it - it's a good one for sure. Once you finish it, you can switch ends and work the same train to back to Victoria as 1M07. You'll get lots of adverse signals north of Purley.

• Like Like x 4
  15. cloudyskies21

Interesting, I'll be sure to try 1M07, cheers.

16. cloudyskies21

Thanks for clarification Joe, much appreciated. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. cloudyskies21

Okay, for something completely different, but I think it was really cool to see so I think a few will appreciate.

1Z98 - Hastings-Charing Cross (Redhill-East Croydon) - 1622

For London Commuter, this Southeastern service was a standout for one particular reason. So, just to the south of Purley, this section of the route is technically six-track very briefly if you include the Tattenham Corner branch between Reedham and Coulsdon Town.

On the aforementioned 1Z98 service, you are supposed to depart Redhill at 1623, but instead wait exactly until 1624. Once you pass through Coulsdon South and towards Purely (where the Tattenham Corner branch is briefly), this is the interesting part.

You'll have a Gatwick Express 387 on the mainline and a Southern 377 on the branch heading towards Coulsdon Town which both pass heading south at the same time, while you'll simultaneously be racing another 377 on the branch which heads north. Then, on the mainline, you'll have the southbound Southeastern service pass before you get to Purely, followed almost instantly by the 377 on the Reigate service. Add to that, you'll already have another pair of 377s at Purley.

All in all, a very busy section of the route which is great!

• Like Like x 1
  18. JustWentSouth

My PC is back and I was able to check this. The service is not a NE Regional, but rather at MBTA run. It is MBTA Providence #801 Boston - Providence. There is a delay at the start and you are tasked with making up time the rest of the way.

Thank you for spotting the error. I have corrected the spreadsheet which is now updated in anticipation of an upcoming steamy release:

Recommended Service Runs as of 5/30/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing
    Chaos Runs as of 5/30/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JustWentSouth

I was checking out the improvements to HRR and found this enjoyable run:
    RE11 Bochum Hbf - Duisburg HbF at 17:32 with the 425

You get stopped outside of Duisburg while the platform clears.

20. driverwoods#1787

With the Class 313 DLC on East Coastway 19:40-19:55 its Service 5C54 empty coaching stock to Brighton station.
    At the beginning you are likely to encounter a mixture of yellow and red signal. Before Brighton London Road from Moulsecombe and Falmer Brighton and Hove Albion English Premier League American Express Stadium you are basically held for 2C59 8 carriages long Class 377/1 377/4 which actually started as the 17:43 1F96 London Victoria to Ore/Seaford front section 8 carriages. On BML

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The longer totally unfitted consist (because the wagons are arranged incorrectly) are a lot of fun to run now with the 8F.

For example the 8:20 "Through Freight: Edgeville - Nuneaton" where you drive a 674t freight train with only the locomotive brake and the handbrake in the brake van (which can be easily accessed using the rear "3" camera).

Highly recommend to at least give it a try before they fix the formations, remember to release all the brakes manually on the appropriate wagons and to brake very early :D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  22. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This is a really good one. You can also run the 0800 Edge Hill Sheds-Edge Hill to prepare this train. There's a pretty good "surprise" feature that i won't spoil.

• Like Like x 3
  23. JustWentSouth

I enjoyed this as well. At the start, I walked the train to release the brakes and thought it was really cool the way the cars rolled back a little taking up the slack after I released the last one. I kept up under 35 and enjoyed managing my steam such that I had enough to power up the hill south of Runcorn, but wasn't blowing the safety. Took me over 1.5 hours and it was fun.
    LLC Freight 1.jpg

LLC Freight 2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  24. JustWentSouth

This SOS run on LLC is really good, but there's a catch.

It's the Jubilee running the 14:59 London Euston - Liverpool Lime Street service. The run is excellent with a reasonable amount of AI. Don't rely on the HUD; you need to pay close attention to distant signals. Also, treat a double yellow as an adverse distant signal.

The catch is that both times I have run it, I have encountered phantom SPADs between Edge Hill and Lime Street. One time I thought the SPAD point was right at the first part of the platform. So, I reloaded the last check point and stopped as soon I could on the platform (just barely in the red if you use the red, yellow, and green stop marking system) and I got a SPAD while not moving with the doors open! Not sure of the reason, but I suspect an AI train ran a red somewhere. My service even SPADed when I had AI take over at Edge Hill.

So, just end it at Edge Hill. It is a very challenging drive to that point and my current favorite on LLC.

You catch up to a local service just outside of Runcorn. You pass it at Allerton and then wait on it again at Wavertree Junction. Plenty of legitimate driver error SPAD potential; don't ask me how I know that!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  25. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Just played a great one, LBN 1I10 London Vic to Dorking. Just an 8 minute service, but you race another 377 right up to Clapham. You and that train are also part of a four-way weave out of Victoria. Did you want more? Just after the weave, two 375s pass each other as well (this happens slighty behind you). Added bonus: the outbound 375 has the uncommonly seen Southern 377s leading. Pass a few more trains along the way, and even get mildly adverse signals at the end. Maybe the most fun you can have with TSW is less than 10 minutes.

• Like Like x 4
  26. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

For something a little different, you might try MBTA #808 out of Providence. Interesting service pattern has you running express after Mansfield. Deal with ATC on approach to Back Bay, then leave together with another MBTA train. Finally, watch several services come and go at East Cove wile waiting your turn. Hint: you may have to spawn on foot for this one to avoid pathing errors at Route 128.

• Like Like x 1
  27. JustWentSouth

So much traffic packed into 8 minutes! What an amazing timetable.

• Like Like x 2
  28. driverwoods#1787

14:09 RB56 Iserlohn Lethmahe to Hagen Hbf do this in the rain chapter 2 Passenger driver Ruhr-Sieg Nord which is actually the very last one.
    You are racing another RE16 RB91 from Iserlohn Lethmahe to Hagen Hbf. It has The priority over you furthermore it can be run by DB BR143 from Riesa-Dresden the one with a brake selector. Mine had a DR BR243 Paint Job. If you catch up to it you are held before Hagen Hohenlimburg. Once it has left Hagen Hohenlimburg you can proceed to stop there and open both doors like Main Spessart Bahn Heigenbrücken on the Aschaffenburg Frankfurt Am Main Hbf bound track. Was able to complete the service with a silver medal.

• Like Like x 1
  29. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Route? Activity?

30. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

upload_2022-6-9_19-25-17.png

• Like Like x 1
  31. cloudyskies21

It's time for another London Commuter recommendation.

1R48 - 17:07 - London Victoria to Reigate

One of the best services in a while, so thought others might like it.

With it being peak time, there's plenty of adverse signals which makes it interesting. For instance, the approach to East Croydon is great, with at least two red signals beforehand. Plus, as it's rush hour, you have to wait for a Southeastern 375 which, unlike most of the time, is at Platform 6 at East Croydon (compared with the normal Platform 5 heading South) due to the peak time Southern South Croydon service at Platform 5.

Another great part of this service is towards Redhill. Your Reigate service uses the rarer platform 0 in the direction of Reigate - once at Redhill, the 377 Tonbridge service arrives on neighbouring Platform 1. On departure from Redhill, a Southeastern 375 just arrives and, waiting too, is a GWR 166 at a red signal.

And, complementing nicely, when you wait for a red signal at Clapham Junction, you are greeted with the GWR Class 43! :love:

All in all, another fantastic service from Joethefish epic timetable on London Commuter - it's amazing that a route which has been around for 8 months or so still feels so fresh due to the amount and diverse number of services! This is what is needed across more TSW 2 routes going forward.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. JustWentSouth

An excellent run! I am also really enjoying RSN after the Preservation Crew updates. Such a nice route.

Yet another excellent BML run. What a fantastic timetable!

BML Meet.jpg

With that, we have an update of the spreadsheet starter by LeadCatcher and formatted by Callum B:
    Recommended Service Runs as of 6/20/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

We are now approaching 300 recommended services, lead by BML with an amazing 37 runs.

For those new to this thread, we also have Chaos Runs where you deliberately create delays in the schedule. Typically, you start in one service and allow delays to accumulate by not moving. Then, you walk to another service, take it over, and deal with the issues you created. For some runs, you can just stay put in the chosen service and then start moving after a wait. If you are inclined to drive through a little chaos, those runs are compiled here:

Chaos Runs as of 6/20/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

For those runs, you typically have to refer back to the original post for instructions. Some original posts are no longer available, but the instructions on the spreadsheet should help you out.

If you see details of a run that I missed or a recommended run I overlooked, please let me know.

• Like Like x 6
  33. driverwoods#1787

Like the list and here's another Riesa-Dresden one it's the 09:36 Monster Train 2700t.
    Is that you catch up to the 09:33 Dresden to Roderau freight train. Which makes your 09:36 2700t Monster Train held at Dresden Mitte which itself is PZB Mode U Brake Mode G. The Challenge is that it will take skills to get it moving after stopping at Dresden Mitte. What I did was throttle 40-100% sand On on MRCE BR185.5.
    Sadly when I resume the run from a save I derailed right off the bat on the Weissig-Bohla fast line.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    If you decided to spawn it using the DB BR155 it's 09:36 Dresden-Riesa Freight. If you catch up to the 09:33 freight which you are held at Dresden Mitte with Ruhr Sieg Nord. My procedure on DB BR155 is taps 10-30 Traction 70-130% Brake Force selector 100% sand on. That way you are able to resume line speed 50 kmh then 90 kmh under PZB

• Like Like x 2
  34. pwarner893

pwarner893 New Member

I can't load any of these without derailing as soon as I click the begin button. Happened with the MRCE 185 and the 155 on PC. Maybe it's the new update?

35. driverwoods#1787

I'm on the Xbox Series X and for 185.5 I instantly derail upon loading.

36. JustWentSouth

A variation on an old favorite:

RSN DB 80215 Hagen - Finnentrop Freight

Pick your favorite freight loco. I used a PC mod to run it with the 101. It is much like the run described in the original post on this thread and there is a lot of AI to encounter. Run it in late summer or early fall and enjoy the sunset in addition to all the new features the Preservation Crew have added to this great route. RSN is also a good one to give going HUDless a try if you are so inclined.

RSN Twilight.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. JustWentSouth

I am a sucker for ECS runs and this one puts Rapid Transit on the list:

Rapid Transit 2021 Timetable
    S2 Leipzig- Connewitz to Dessau at 22:40 with the BR1442 Talent 2 MD

It's a good run. I advise just a bit of wind to get the turbines moving and no clouds for a starry night. Don't forget to always acknowledge the signal about 2km outside of Dessau and just beyond KM Post 24.0.

You encounter an S1 service in the underground section and have to stop for a red on a steep downhill. Later in the run, you have several reds as you catch up to an S2 service near Dessau.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  38. driverwoods#1787

East Coastway with Class 313 DLC
    2C54 Brighton to Newhaven Marine
    You are held at the start of your service by an inbound Class 313 service which will cause you to be late to London Road. Once that's clear you can also be held at the Junction with the Seaford Branch line to let a semi-fast service go then procced to Newhaven Marine via Southease.
    Do this in journey mode and at Lewes Platform one you see the combined BML ECW 2C96 trip.

• Like Like x 1
  39. JustWentSouth

I am spending some time rediscovering and enjoying Hamburg-Lubeck. Here is a nice set of runs:

The Lubeck Turn

Start in your favorite freight loco for
    HHL Service 89409 Rothenburgsort-Lubeck HBF at 15:20
    Get off the line quickly and for maximal surprise, try to go HUDless; remember that you need to get close to red signals before stopping to complete intermediate waypoints.
    You encounter adverse signals chasing a passenger train to Ahrensburg where you get put in the hole while a regional approaches and passes through. The red light waypoint is here and the total wait at Ahrensburg is about 15 minutes. Once you leave, you get adverse signals chasing the regional to Lubeck.

This service ends at Lubeck HBF. Once it is over, return to free roam, get out of the cab and you will see a top and tail 101 setup getting ready for departure on platform 9. Walk to the lead cab and take over

HHL IC 2221 Lubeck HBF - Frankfurt HBF at 16:36
    The top and tail should be properly set up for you. If not, here is how to do it:
    1) In the lead loco, set the Multiple Unit Method switch on the back wall all the way to the left at ZDS BR120.
    2) Set the pantograph switch from auto to 1.
    3) Walk to the rear loco (I couldn't get the control shortcuts to behave and you have plenty of time) and set the rear wall Multiple Unit Method switch to ZDS BR120.
    4) Control 0 back to the lead loco.
    5) MCB switch to off. Panto down.
    6) Panto up. MCB switch to on.
    7) Set up your cab and leave on time

This is also a good run with adverse signals and has been previously recommended. Expect about two hours for the full turn.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I have another BML one for you: 1H50 London Victoria to Littlehampton & Eastbourne, departing at 17:16. While awaiting departure, an inbound 377 crosses in front of you and pulls up to platform 16. You have to hold at departure time for a red, then depart on a yellow and ride yellows up until Clapham Junction, where you'll be held on a red just outside the station. You'll then have more yellows near Selhurst and will follow a single yellow into Gatwick, if you keep at line speed. Finally, you uncouple the front 4 cars at Haywards Heath and continue to Preston Park.

Additional bonuses:
    • Parallel running with a 377 departing Victoria
    • Passing both an HST and an empty hopper freight on your way down off the Grosvenor Bridge

• Like Like x 7
  41. JustWentSouth

Another great BML run! Nearly 1200 miles on this route and I have just now discovered the speed hold cruise control buttons. :D

With that, we have another update:
    Recommended Service Runs as of 7/2/22:
    Chaos Runs as of 7/2/22:

I am holding off on putting the DRA monster freight on the list until the instant derail issue is sorted. If anyone sees it get fixed, please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  42. driverwoods#1787

Here's one it's an AM Rush Hour Nonrevenue M7A Trip Train 2323 GCT to Mount Vernon West.
    You start out as wrong-way running from Grand Central Terminal Track 29 to Mott Haven junction where you now switch to the Northbound local track. From Tremont & Ford to Mount Vernon West Yard it's PTC fest since you are following a local Train. During that time you encounter Southbound trains one will prevent you from accessing the Yard since it's on the Southbound side. Service forms Train 324 Mount Vernon West to GCT at 07:54
    7-2-2022_9-22-19_PM-thl2bmcy.png
    Service is completed with a Silver Medal due to the heavy PTC action from Tremont to Mount Vernon West

43. JustWentSouth

The HRR Freight Bochum Turn . . . with a little westbound chaos:

Start in HRR DB 87201 Eastbound Mixed Freight at 04:54 with your favorite freight loco. It is a straightforward pre dawn run. Near the end of the run, at km post 14.0, there is a yellow signal for the crossovers into the freight yard. Be going slow enough so that you can stop at km post 14.4 here:
    HRR Chaos.jpg

Don't go much past this point. The key is to still have the back end of your train blocking the main line. At 05:21, leave your cab and walk ahead to the WB freight beyond the second switch.

Get in the cab and take over DB 87300 Westbound Mixed Freight. Prepare the train and get the brakes releasing, but sit tight until the yard signal about 100 meters ahead of you clears. Then, enjoy the run!

There is plenty of PZB action as you follow the passenger. And, lots of AI as the route wakes up.

• Like Like x 1
  44. cloudyskies21

It's the weekend, and if you've the chance, I have some really interesting London Commuter services that I think people will enjoy - this will be a lengthy post, so see the text in bold for the actual service info.

So, I decided recently that I would look through the timetable list on TSW 2 for services to see if there was any unique ones. As such, here are a couple I really enjoyed playing:

5Y06 - London Victoria to Selhurst Depot Part 1 (which also later forms Part 2) - 07:25
    This is one of the ECS moves which has some interesting gameplay. As such, this is non-stop all the way to Selhurst (which makes an interesting change to the more normal services) so there is plenty of adverse signals to contend with as you catch up with traffic - for instance, while at a red outside Clapham Junction, there is a lot of AI traffic, including the Milton Keynes services arriving, plus a double 377 departure towards you. Once you reach the depot, complete part 2 as normal, but first you have to be patient and wait for the signal to proceed. Then, be advised as you complete the service, before you reach the final siding, there is a stop sign, make sure you contact the signaller before proceeding. For those interested, and maybe with some more time, this 5Y06 ECS move was originally the 1Y05 06:48 Caterham & Tattenham Corner (starting from Purley) to London Victoria peak time service, which heads back to the depot as the aforementioned 5Y06.

2O92 - London Victoria to East Croydon - 08:56
    This is a rare service on TSW 2 that travels obviously just between Victoria and East Croydon. Found this to be a very decent service with quite a bit of adverse signals encountered. Once you arrived at East Croydon around 09:30, wait 10 minutes for the next service with the same train to begin - in the meantime, this 10-minute period is great for watching busy AI traffic at Croydon with 375s, fast 387s and, of course, lots of 377s! :love: After the wait, at 09:40, 5O92 begins which forms part 1 of the East Croydon to Selhurst Depot ECS move - once at the depot, part 2 starts at 09:49 - again, while waiting at Selhurst, good to watch the AI traffic to/from London Bridge. When completing part 2, again, wait for the signal to eventually clear, then as you approach the siding, request permission from the signaller before passing the stop sign.

My final service recommendation is more of a traditional Gatwick Express service, but very fun.
    1W98 - London Victoria to Brighton - 18:57
    While this service has a really interesting peak time stopping pattern, fast all the way to Gatwick, before stopping at Haywards Heath and just Hassocks, this service is really great for encountering at least 3 red signals throughout the entire journey with some wait times at these too. Also, thought there was some decent AI traffic around Brighton when arriving which was nice.

Hope everyone enjoys these recommendations, I certainly enjoyed playing them!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  45. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Can't remember if been asked but which services do the Gatwick express gointo platform 2 at East Croydon please and tha k you in advance

46. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I loaded up the timetable file to check, so these will be in the order I found them instead of chronological order.

Gatwick Express services that pass ECR on P2:
    1D34, 1D60, 1D44, 1D76, 1W96, 1W38, 1W70, 1W32, 1W52

You may also be interested in the 17:46 1W12, which overtakes a service, 1F96, at ECR using P3.

• Like Like x 6
  47. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Nahverker Dresden - Riesa
    DB BR101
    18:01 IC Dresden - Köln

I managed to leave Dresden 30 seconds later due to not paying attention. This results in parallel running with S-bahn service between Dresden Mitte and Dresden Neustadt.
    Later in the service, you catch up to a freight train for some mild PZB action.

• Like Like x 2
  48. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

DTG JD - Any chance of this being a pinned post? It's actually a really decent one and it disappears occasionally but so many good runs here.

• Like Like x 3
  49. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Good idea. Pinned.

Enjoy, folks!

• Like Like x 11
  50. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Much obliged.

• Like Like x 1