Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That's true and the RE11 lines are missing in time table mode

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That would be good if the 112 is removed from all freight services, as it never really operated freight (other than the 143, which did :) ).
    And thanks a lot for updating the timetable, really looking forward to it!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Well, i really like all the timetable discussions and hope we will see even more update to the time tables. For my part i would the most like à LIRR and NTP timetables updated.

Anyway good news if broken things by last update on préserved routes get fixed soon.

4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Am very excited to see the revived 166 and gwr

• Like Like x 1
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I'm not all that satisfied with the "jackhammer solution" that is proposed. If the audio engine is not compatible with Xbox you need to restart from scratch. It's that simple. Not cost effective but the only reasonable solution. It's like saying you will make a recording of a K7 because the master tapes went missing. Rebuilding your audio engine so it's "optimised for Series S/X" should be a no brainer.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Interesting to see that HBK gets a new timetable, although the old one is quite good, except for the missing AI trains in Hamburg maybe.
    On the other hand HRR is really in need for a new timetable, since not only the AI trains especially at Duisburg are missing (you'd never see an empty Duisburg Hbf I guess), but a lot of trains on the route also.
    Namely all the ICE trains (around 2tph), RE42 on the western part Duisburg - Essen, RE16 and RB 40 on the eastern part Essen - Bochum (all 1tph, of which one would make Essen Kray Nord accessible), the quarter hourly S1 services east of Essen (additional 2tph) and, although just for a short section, the RE49 (1tph) and S9 (2tph) services. So around 10tph per direction missing on the route, not counting all the AI trains.
    Well, I guess this is something for the suggestions forum and not for this thread, but since a new timetable for HBK was announced...

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not against the update for HBK, in fact I'm happy to see more AI at Hamburg and the screens look great, but I'm just wondering on which base decisions for a new timetable are made.

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

\o/
    lookin' good \o/ \o/

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Class 59 for rivet? Something nice and easy? Lol

9. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

In the article, Lukas introduced himself and said that he is German and was born in Frankfurt. That is why he would like to have a Frankfurt route in the game.

Note that this is not a route confirmation, just his personal wish I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  10. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Maybe we get a battery construction vehicle for the bakerloo.

440px-Battery-Electric_Locomotive_L48_at_St_John's_Wood.jpg

battery-loco-working-at-ealing-phil-marsh.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hi there, I can see you have already posted an almost identical message in this thread. If you wish to add additional content or context feel free to edit your original post in future please. This would also be better housed on the 'Suggestions' forum.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I should also clarify that this is additional AI/stuff to the existing timetable, rather than a new timetable like Bakerloo is. As for why it's been done, I just wanted to for fun. :) I originally planned to have Hamburg Hbf busy like that from the beginning. So I wasn't happy with it as it was.

• Like Like x 20
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

HBL is like the Boston Sprinter. Not much rails between the poles. If Hamburg starts to look like Boston in terms of the number of (AI) trains - it will be great \o/

PS It's always nice to start / end your journey at such a busy station.

• Like Like x 5
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Observed a slight typo in the write up for the roadmap re Greenford services. Should read West Ealing, not East Ealing. Otherwise moderately interesting, but really, a Class 484 for IOW* from Rivet? I sincerely hope it’s something else and frankly DTG management need to grow some stones and refuse to support any further DLC from them until the issues with WCL and the 1938 stock are addressed.

* If it is indeed that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

kinda looking forward to seeing Paddington bursting at the seems (for fun lol) :P

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

:o :o :o :o :o
    TSW2_Roadmap_070622_WIP_Watermarked_Screenshots_15.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  17. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Answers below:

- Have Paddington and Reading stations had their baked lighting overhauled? Yes.
    - Has the infamous Reading approach baked lighting bug finally been fixed? (This is where it goes super dark briefly whilst travelling through that area) Yes, this has been fixed.
    - The internal Class 166 PIS text seems to be positioned to the left. Irl it would be positioned to the centre and/or be a scrolling message. The PIS implemented is the same system found on other TSW2 trains for now, so does not scroll, and only shows the destination. It's left-justified.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Yes, apologies - this was missed in yesterday's article and has been added now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Really love what you are doing. Will be great to finally see a busy Hamburg Hbf (at least it is the most busy station in the whole german network :love: )
    I really hope you won't stop with what you started, there are many routes that could get an upgraded service mode. Would be nice if you would (slow and steady) work yourself through the DLCs whenever the chance comes up.
    Always nice to see a developer as enthusiastic with his product as you are.

Greetings from Frankfurt am Main

• Like Like x 4
  20. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Don't want to spoil it too much, but it had already been leaked what the new train is going to be :) Will be driving on that little British island :)

21. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I was hoping very much, but not really expecting that Transpennine would get it's distant signals fixed so they only clear if all home and section semaphores are clear - obv the tech is now there as it's used in SoS.

NTP has various locations where you get a clear distant followed by a clear home - but then the section signal at danger, with no warning.

• Like Like x 3
  22. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

It's nice to see the PIS displays on the 166 finally being put to use!

If I understand it correctly, you're saying that the internal displays use the older system and thus don't show the calling pattern, like on the 377/387 on London to Brighton?

23. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Besides these unfixed issues I have two another ones with constant red aspects. These are the first and the second freight services using 37 (WCL). The most frustrating thing is to get this issue in the end of 1 h service. Have anyone met this guys?

24. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Have they fixed the leading tail light always turned on in the Class 66? Every time you start a service you have to turn off the tail lights in both cabs.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I was hoping the signalling would get an upgrade too. It suffers too much from "false red" syndrome at the moment. You'll get a yellow, do a station stop, at Dewsbury heading east for example, with a red at the platform end. As soon as you lock doors the signal clears to green. There's nothing in the block ahead, never was. It happens at Morley heading west too.

• Like Like x 6
  26. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think Joe has mentioned this is a limitation in the signalling arrangements/triggers. But yes, in reality it is a SPAD risk that would be mitigated, only exceptions would be locations with a "Train Ready To Start" button with link to the signalbox at busy locations, so a train delayed in the station wouldn't block other services. Even then if nothing else is about the road might be cleared through anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

This is what I can't understand, they've done the tech for scrolling PIS on internal carriages, they're updating older stock with PIS but are not implementing the new tech with scrolling PIS, just the static standard one.

• Like Like x 1
  28. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

JD got one thing wrong last night when he said that PS5 owners had only been waiting since last September for a fix to the download limit. In fact I have been waiting since June 2021 when I was able to purchase one and suspect others have been waiting even longer.

• Like Like x 2
  29. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

Problem with that is that the game was only released for PS5 with Rush Hour which came out in August. The problem came after an PS5 update in September. Check your notes. You can still use all the DLC on the PS4 version on PS5.

30. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Thanks! I really want to do more. I'm exploring ways to do this at home on my own PC. Now that I'm back in the office, any extra time is a lot more limited but I don't wanna stop just because of that.
    It's more of a design feature that might not have been used properly back then. It's just a tick box essentially asking "Should this signal be green on this instruction?" Yes or no. It was long before I joined so I don't know details about that specific timetable. When I joined, I was taught to always have a green and have red only when required. That's a very basic explanation of it tbh

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's a result of trying not to strain the fragile early Dispatcher; if a station exit signal was left red until such time as a 'clear' trigger was cued by closing the doors, it meant that no routing beyond that point was required. But problematical today (even though it vaguely resembled reality, since it kinda abstracts the actual interaction of guard, platform flagman and signaler).

• Like Like x 3
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sodor? :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I wish, that the next German route will be the Eifelstrecke or Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein Main, I would also be happy to get the Köln-Wuppertal Route. DTG please give us some hints for the upcoming German and us route

• Like Like x 2
  34. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

And after all that nice route improvement's we need loco improvement. I hope with the new sound system come to TSW the preserved locos get the good sounds back. It is horrible to drive the 155. It was my favourite loco in TSW 2020.
    It is a shame that I must install TSW 2020 to drive this good old stuff.

Please DTG, do something on the Sound, on the "old" loco's.

• Like Like x 1
  35. 2008bmw525d

2008bmw525d Member

For the new Rivet UK loco, I really hope that would be a Class 700, or a Class 800 on the GWE (which may require update on the route as well).

I doubt class 484 would be the one as it will require extensive rebuild of the IoW line.

Looking at the Train Simulator inventory from Rivet Games, it seems that Class 320 is also possible for the Cathcart Circle Lines.

36. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Joethefish Hi there! I'm really looking forward to the new Bakerloo Line and Hamburg - Lubeck timetables! I do have one question however, will there be any AI s-bahn services around Hamburg? I'm not sure which train they use and if we have that train on TSW2, but it would really liven up the area even more :D

• Like Like x 3
  37. polarisneo

polarisneo Member

please add a light mode to the roadmap/blog website

38. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I really liked this roadmap :)
    First of all, thank you very much Joe for your work and to DTG for making it possible. You finally made an improved schedule for HBL a reality! I'm very happy about it, this route I'm sure is going to be much better when you have it ready and it's going to feel much more alive and immersive.
    And BKL the same, now it's already a route I love but from now on we all will be able to enjoy it much more thanks to your effort.

The improvements in GWE also look fantastic.

On the other hand, I hope that SOS will soon get the update it deserves because the great work DTG has done has been marred in part by bugs that have been caused by a release that in my opinion has been too rushed. It still had a lot of work to do to reach an optimal state but let's hope that we can finally enjoy it. I personally have not been able to and have put it in the freezer until solutions appear.

Hopefully this period of improvements that DTG is going to make will serve to improve the game and try to change some concepts that so far clearly haven't worked as well as we all would like. I don't think anyone here expects everything to be perfect but it would be good for both the image of the game and the company if from now on they don't make so many major mistakes in both new releases and updates.

And finally, welcome to Lukas. From what we have already seen in his previous jobs he is a very talented guy and that is precisely what TSW needs to get a foothold, good professionals who work and get involved to make this game great.
    Let me dream or maybe be a bit naive but I sincerely believe that they are on the right track to make it happen. Let's give them (another) vote of confidence. I think they deserve it.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Probably no S Bahn in Hamburg. No vehicle in TSW that could do these runs. The S Bahn Hamburg uses a 3rd rail system and no german 3rd rail loco ingame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Can I just mention (incase it’s been mentioned here already) this issue isn’t limited to Xbox.

41. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I suspect that this is the Auckland person who spent the whole of last night’s stream spamming the same message despite being told several times to post in the suggestions forum. Ignore him/her and they might go away.

42. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the HLL timetable update. Do wonder though, when the updated timetable for Chemnitz - Dresden is gonna come out including the MRCE 182 Intercity service and a few more BR612 services afaik. Or has that been shelved?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Glad you like them! :D
    Higgybaby90 is right, the trains that run S-bahn Hamburg are the BR 472, 474 and 490. No of which we have or anything similar unfortunately. You're right though, it would look fantastic, they regularly have parallel departures from the eastbound platforms IRL. :D
    That update come out I think a week or two after the DCZ release. It double the amount of IRE 1 services and added the 612 as a substitute to all RE 3 services. However, the MRCE 182s on EC services are AI only at Dresden Hbf.
    You are welcome! It's great to finally be able to show off what I wanted the timetable to be like originally. Took some time but we got there and it looks so nice now :)
    Oh without a doubt and some of those services offer quite the challenge! :D

• Like Like x 8
  44. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, must've missed that. Haven't seen the EC at Dresden Hbf as of yet, probably thats why.

45. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

About Bakerloo Line schedules, this caught my attention:

"There may or may not be some surprises that await for those that own other UK Add-ons!"

I imagine some possibilities:
    • Services with 313 between Queens Park and Harrow & Wealdstone;
    • AI with Class 377 or 387 in WCML;
    • AI with HST in WCML;
    • Static wagons in Wilesden depot.
    It would be possible? :D

• Like Like x 3
  46. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

The GWE updates look/sound promising and I hope it is good when it finally gets released.

Two things about the Roadmap I was disappointed with, one the Q&A was effectively 10 mins. That is 10 mins when the players base can ask questions or get answers, I think DTG have done this on purpose but I would suggest having a Q&A stream would be welcome from most of the player base, every two weeks or failing that every fortnight? (jk)

Is it possible DTG JD that when giving metric distances you could also give Imperial ones too? It would be 'inclusive' no?

• Like Like x 3
  47. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Static branded containers were spotted in this screenshot, which was featured in the article. Its right and the back, in the background, however if you look closely, you can see containers there.

I'd say there will be some freight runs to/from Willesden Yard, making the WCML feel a bit more alive.

• The Southern 377 doesn't feature a pantograph, so that wouldn't work, nor does the GX 387 run on the WCML in real life.
    • Regarding the SN 313, they have never operated on that part of the line in real life, in SN livery. For it to be appropriate, you'd have to re-skin the 313 into Silverlink livery. Even then, it wouldn't match the era BKL is set in.
    • You'd need a Class 378 in London Overground livery for it to be realistic, which we obviously don't have in TSW.
    • The HST hasn't operated on the WCML since early Virgin Trains days. We don't have the VT license either, and it'd look odd seeing GWR liveried HSTs running up and down the WCML.
    upload_2022-6-8_22-47-34.png

• Like Like x 7
  48. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

What's the new US route? I still want a BNSF or ATSF route. The WP Feather River Canyon set in the 1960s would be amazing, too. We also need SP, B&O, PRR, and other vintage railroads. For steam, I really hope we get UP giant steam locos (Challenger, Big Boy, FEF, 4-12-2).

• Like Like x 2
  49. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

must remember the WCML on bakerloo line is scenery only and non functional for Ai or player

50. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

not yet announced, I wouldn’t expect it to be before roadmap in July