Belgian Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HBGalaxy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. HBGalaxy

HBGalaxy New Member

Hey guys,

Posting this because i'm a huge train fan. I live in Belgium and for Train Simulator I always used mods, but is their a chance to get a belgian or some belgian routes in Train Sim World. Belgium has a beatiful heritage of railway transportation and was one of the first countries in Europe to use train as transportation.
    In this thread I'm showing and giving a couple examples of routes that may be aweome to get in Train Sim World :) ; They contain the most important cities of or Belgian railway system like Ostend, Brussels (N-S-C), Antwerp, Ghent, Liege-Guillemins, Bruges, .....

1) Ostend - Brussels Airport Zaventem
    Stops =>
    Oostende, Brugge, Zedelgem, Torhout, Lichtervelde, Roeselare, Izegem, Ingelmunster, Kortrijk, Oudenaarde, Zottegem, Denderleeuw, Brussel-Zuid, Brussel-Centraal, Brussel-Noord

Brussel-Zuid (Hallway)
    [​IMG]
    Oudenaarde
    [​IMG]
    Oostende
    [​IMG]
    Trains =>
    NMBS/SNCB MS80 (Break)
    [​IMG]
    NMBS SNCB HLE 18 + I6 Coaches
    [​IMG]
    NMBS/SNCB AM96
    [​IMG]
    NMBS/SNCB MS08 Desrio
    [​IMG]
    2) Ostend - Antwerp Central
    Stops =>
    Oostende, Brugge, Gent-St.-Pieters, Gent-Dampoort, Lokeren, Sint-Niklaas, Beveren, Antwerpen-Zuid, Antwerpen-Luchtbal, Antwerpen-Centraal

Antwerpen Centraal
    [​IMG]
    Sint-Niklaas
    [​IMG]
    Gent-St-Pieters
    [​IMG]

Trains =>
    NMBS SNCB HLE 18 + I6 Coaches
    [​IMG]

NMBS/SNCB MS08 Desrio
    [​IMG]
    3) Ostend - Eupen
    Stops =>
    Oostende, Brugge, Gent-st.-Pieters, Brussel-Zuid, Brussel-Centraal, Brussel-Noord, Leuven, Liege-Guillemins, Verviers-Centraal, Welkenraedt, Eupen

Liege-Guillemins
    [​IMG]
    Leuven
    [​IMG]
    Oostende
    [​IMG]

Trains =>
    NMBS/SNCB HLE18 + I11 (w/ driving cabine)
    [​IMG]
    NMBS SNCB HLE 18 + i10 Coaches
    [​IMG]
    NMBS/SNCB AM96
    [​IMG]

I really hope that we may welcome official routes in Belgium. A lot of people in Belgium are loving trains and Train Sim World so it would be wonderful if Dovetail would bring us one of these route. Little side note, these routes are some of the most bussiest routes in Belgian Railways.

Thx in Advance

HBGalaxy

• Like Like x 26
  2. TrainFan18

TrainFan18 New Member

Yes I want some Belgium routes too and trains like the (desiro) ms08 and the ms80 (break am80) on ps4 and of course pc and I life in Belgium too. So I hope they want too make it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. HBGalaxy

HBGalaxy New Member

Yeah indeed, many fans of the train sims in belgium so it's sad that belgian routes aren't coming to life here. I hoped with my post to get more attention from players, from dovetial, etc. That's also the reason why I did all the research and why i made this post so detailed.

• Like Like x 6
  4. adriengillon

adriengillon New Member

Pretty please DTG, consider doing a Belgian route! :love:

• Like Like x 4
  5. ruben.schreppers

ruben.schreppers New Member

Ja, ik wil zeker en uitgestrekte Belgische routes van België (NMBS) op TSW hebben en zeker met al die treinen die jij erin hebt gezet (am80, AM08, am96, ..... En de HLE 27) en ook vele stations zoals (Hasselt erbij en Luik Guillemins, Brussels-Airport-Zaventem, ....) ik zou dat zeker leuk vinden om al die treinen en stations in TSW te zien op PS4 en PC en ook met de correcte Belgische seinen van de NMBS want ik zou graag met al die belgische treinen rijden
    Pls DTG voeg het eraan toe.

• Like Like x 5
  6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I'd love Liége to Charleroi via Namur. Awesome scenery along the Meuse

• Like Like x 3
  7. nataku-san

nataku-san Member

line 42 Liege-Gouvy-Luxembourg :love:

• Like Like x 3
  8. robinrasquin

robinrasquin Member

Line 162 : Namur - Luxembourg

• Like Like x 2
  9. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Would absolutely love to see some Belgian routes and rolling stock. Would be fun driving the Desiro.
    And the wonderful stations of Antwerp and Lieges...
    Would also like to see some older trainsets like the am62 (de klassiekskes) with their typical whine when they set off

• Like Like x 3
  11. xxxstefxxx

xxxstefxxx New Member

yes, Belgian route assets are the first steps. after all those years I don't think it will ever happen, maybe the Thalys or TGV Paris Brussels Amsterdam, I don't know. seems only UK and Germany are the train simmers. you can create a train simulator for the benelux only and it would sell as much as the dovetail ts, because dovetail will NEVER come with a route in the Benelux.

12. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Never say never. In live streams Matt repeatedly said he's very fond of Dutch rail....

• Like Like x 1
  13. avondsdries

avondsdries New Member

Zullen we allemaal vragen voor Gent-Sint-Pieters naar Brugge, als we zo veel vragen gaat er meer en meer kans komen dat ze het maken.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

DTG have repeatedly stated that their main markets are US, UK and Germany. It took Train Simulator years before routes from other countries were made, and over half of them are made by third parties.

So far, TSW already has a Canadian route, and the roadmap shows both a French and Swiss route are heading our way. So, TSW gets non-US/US/DE countries considerably faster than Train Simulator ever did. Lets hope that's a trend.

I'd love to see a Belian route. Preferebly not high speed. Although I guess DTG could reuse some stuff from that TGV and turn it into a Thalys, if they can obtain the license.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I agree. I have really like Belgian Railways since I had a coffee at the station in Beernem. Beautiful trains, beautiful railways.
    It would be cool to have a route that covers both Holland and Belgium.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Roosendaal - Antwerpen?
    Maastricht - Liège?

Would be cool :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Either would be fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. adamtreinbelgium

adamtreinbelgium New Member

I wish they add the Leuven to Antwerpen centraal route

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Of these HLE18 will be made for Liège Aachen route. At Aachen Hbf tracks 6-9 HLE18 is switched for an ÖBB1116 Nightjet sleeper service Brussels Midi Wien Hbf. Excellent idea.

21. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think Belgian routes could be very interesting. However, just a tip, I'd suggest making seperate threads for each route you're suggesting, and then going a little more into depth about the features of the route (i.e. large bridges/tunnels, high speed sections, many commuter stops) and possible rolling stock (i.e. What's their top speed, how old are they, is there anything that makes them unique compared to other rolling stock) ;).

22. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think that's a bad trend. If you're making lots of Belgian route suggestions, it basically means you would like to see any Belgian route, because if one route would really have your preference, you would've sticked to only suggesting that particular route. So you might as well just create a topic like this to show you'd like to see any Belgian route. Which is totally fine and I totally agree with. I don't really care which route they'd make, but I'd love to see a Belgian route.