Gwe Preservation Team

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by marcsharp2, Jun 20, 2022.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I am loving what the Preservation team have done for GWE, Worth the wait. Also seeing the tube train at Ealing Broadway was a lovely little touch that adds to the realism of the route. 8199074d-63d6-4b42-93cc-52be32b18096.jpg

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You better jump to catch the tube now :D GWE is more alive with addition of PIS

• Like Like x 1
  3. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

This update gave this route life. Feels like a whole brand new route. Amazing work by the preservation team.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This sounds very promising! Been looking forward to this update, will check it out later today :)

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Is the Ealing Broadway tube train on Gen 8 consoles? It would be great if so.

• Like Like x 2
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

"mind The Gap" means it literally now lol
    Just dont sit in the drivers seat on the underground train lol
    In the coach but not the drivers seat.
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Finally dtg release an preservation update that works well the first time round. See DTG, if you take your time, the quality will be better :)

Hopefully the future preservation updates will come out smoothly as well.

It would be nice though if there was an option to remove the 72 stock at ealing broadway since 1992 stock is the train that is used on the Central line.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve had a brief look at the update and it makes a big difference to the route having it populated with static wagons all over the place, the static tube train and the PIS on the trains and stations. I drove a new freight service with the cement wagons from the Class 31 DLC and that was a good run with lots of yellows and reds to deal with.

As many people here might know I’m not a fan of the rush hour passengers and after spawning on foot at Ealing Broadway I did see one passenger on the track getting hit by an HST which is not good, and a lot of confusion and barging going on on the footbridge with so many passengers going in opposite directions along one path but it’s not that different to any route that has the RH passengers enabled from what I saw.

The twilight zone near Reading station has gone, so a big hurrah for that. It appears to be a very good update to one of my favourite routes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Part of me feels like that this should have all been here on Day 1 of GWR, im happy that this update came, BUT this also exposes one of DTGs major flaws, consistency. This Update has been very high quality tho

• Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

Someone should contact British Transport Police if someone got hit :)

11. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Is the misplaced train stop still at Reading?

12. tallboy7648

Hopefully any future updates will have consistency in terms of their quality and not have inconsistencies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

I'm loving the update, based on the quick run I had today, but how are people finding the timetable with the Class 166? I did an express run from Reading to Paddington, only stopping at Slough. With the slower acceleration, I found I was a few minutes late by the end of it, even going as fast as I could (and exceeding the 166 speed limit). I can only imagine, for now, how late I'll be doing a local stopping service.

Still, everything else looks great, and I'll be spending a lot of time on GWR in the coming weeks.

14. tallboy7648

I did a run from Reading to London Paddington (6:29 AM service I believe) and I was running a few seconds to even a minute late for the most part. Not that bad to be honest :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Glad you're enjoying it. Thank you for the feedback, I'll pass it onto Adam's team.

• Like Like x 7
  16. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Actually ghostface, maybe not too late, i tried a local stopping service and was only 2 minutes late arriving into Maidenhead, which I maintained all the way to London, that plus the brakes which requires much earlier braking, rather than floor it slam on the anchours, this does take some getting used to.
    Haven't tried it on a fast service yet though.
    JD, is the top speed of the 166 now prototypical (90mph instead of 100).
    Fantastic work DTG, not often I say that but, have a virtual pat on the back!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  17. antony.henley

it was always 90mph.

Hentis

18. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I've always gone full throttle, especially on the express services, have achieved 100mph regularly particularly after a previous update, always was 90mph on TSW and TSW 2020.

19. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

I don't remember which service I did, but I'll give a local service a bash and see how I do. Maybe I'm just a bad driver! :)

20. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I've also noticed you can press the door close button before it tells you to, still has the minute stop time, but this does save a little bit of time.

21. tallboy7648

Yeh I be doing that on all the routes I play. It really helps with keeping time

• Like Like x 1
  22. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I must also say that the rebaked lighting is spectacular, I did a lunchtime service from Reading to Paddington, not the best time of day and I was thoroughly impressed, good job pres crew, that's set a pretty high bar though for future updates.
    Hopefully these aren't the exception but the rule, they've used their jokers with the TVL missing services that turned out to be on the livery menu without telling us about it and the missing 425 services on HRR which vanished into thin air.
    Keep it up from now on please

• Like Like x 3
  23. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Is it me or have they added more work in progress gantrys for Ohle?

I've had lots of fun tonight running the new cement service, nice to see the TVL cement wagons here! Not sure the EOTD is correct for time period though.....

3661baff-5213-4d40-9b5b-d47d4f124e4b.jpeg

Nice to see lots of wagons placed about the route, really adds to the experience, it was quite dead previously.

Great to see Acton Yard actually feature some parked up consists & also 2x 66's just sitting there waiting to be taken for a spin! Has multiple working always been a thing? I'm sure I've hooked 2 66's together before & not had them work together!! Even the jumper cable is connected which is great to see.....

e73c3986-bb57-4d56-a95a-65e927fa2bd9.jpeg

Acton Yard has turned into a small sandbox scenario, as you can see I had some fun shunting, multiple working & train prep etc, Shame this is not an actual task in game you can do beyond the yard & red signals keeping you there....

cd1e4ea6-d45e-4584-8f65-cd1c168f9273.jpeg

2x 66 Thrash....... 15f5cc0b-5f5f-45f1-8bf9-d58a835f0d7a.jpeg

Paid a visit to the back of the yard too.....

b02f2005-9608-4e9f-8328-94606ec66288.jpeg

It's great what has been done, well done DTG for the improvements & adding more freight services at no extra cost! Love it :)

• Like Like x 6
  24. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

From the short run I did on TSW2 earlier on a live stream, I was impressed with what I saw. PIS on the platforms and PIS on the class 166.
    The lighting was so much better, the class 166 handled much more typically (I had to emergency brake a few times whilst adjusting to the new physics).
    I saw the static tube train at Ealing Broadway but didn't go far enough to see the new branded containers and cement wagons.
    Also (just seen on the PC thread) that not only was a new timetable service added for the class 66, there's a new one for the HST and Class 166 too.

I also briefly checked out the NTP improvements tonight and will look forward to seeing what else has been done (I only really checked the PIS on that route).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  25. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Cement fun :D.....

f9c2e01c-c156-41e7-b455-7e34aaefdca7.jpeg

26. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Shed on shed.....

065506db-230b-4493-a616-1773a169a46f.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  27. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Really happy with the latest Pres Crew release. GWE feels like a new route to me and does not feel like the first TSW passenger route. The 166 is now more sluggish which for me adds to the challenge of keeping time. And the lighting is subtle but really adds to the atmosphere along with the new cloud system. Amazing stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Yeah, great job all round on the GWE route. I just wish they got around to fixing the tail lights being on by default on the leading cab of the player loco. Forcing you to go to the trailing cab to turn off the lights before starting off each time.

In paulc post above: the 66s could already do that in the game. I used to mess about with them on the SEHS route doing some limited double headed shunting.

Regarding the 166s, it feels like they have gone back to the way they were making it hard to keep to time. An older update sped them up and made things much easier but now it's back to thrashing time 95% of the time. I'm sure there was feedback for this change but the timetable to me looks too tight. In the wet, good luck with all the slipping.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  29. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Excellent, I have also joined them up at Hoo Junction, I must have not noticed they were both working together.

30. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the front window of the class 43 smeared with tar, when i switch to the external camera it's like somebody turned the light on. Is this realistic?

31. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Like many others, I am delighted with the quality and quantity of material that has been improved on GWE. This was always my favourite route as it passes my home town and has a rich and varied history with many motive power types over the years. It finally feels like a real railway with much more going on. Thanks preservation team A1++++.

• Like Like x 1
  32. antony.henley

i need to remember how to start a Class 66 from cold. Need to check out the tutorial videos from Bradley.

Also The 72 stock at West Ealing is sat on the bufferstops so derails the instant you sit in the drivers seat, although sitting in the passenger seats its fine. For those saying you cant drive it.... its because its there I can sit in the seat, so thats why I do it. Yes im the guy that touches the wet paint to see if its still wet where the sign says wet paint. Although I stop at licking my finger to see what it tastes like :p

I also have to say about the OHLE from Hayes to Paddington it looks alot better is this because of the new sky TrainSim-Adam or if not what? It looks more noticeable.

(we need a Joe table version).

This is the original PC timetable that wasn't included with TSW for the consoles due to fps memory limitations. Console users used to be able to glitch to get these services and to be honest there really was not performance issues I could see. But DTG broke it when the added the Diesel Legends of the 70s timetable (they forgot the most important diesel of all time on the route... which was the class 50 :( ) So up until when the :PS5 version of TSW 2 was released late last year we were not able to use the PC timetable of the route. It seem as though PS.
    Looking on the PS4 version (on the PS5) you have

203 services for the Class 166 (including Greenford services)

16 services for the Class 66 (including 6M90 Earles - Theale Cement,6M91 Theale - Earles Cement you also have
    [XBX/PC/PS5] Added additional freight service 6M49 departing Reading at 20:05 for Acton Yard for the PS4 as well im loading it in now)

96 services for the HST

Totaling 315

For the PS5 we have:-

230 services for Class 166 ( these extra services will AI runs from Reading to Gatwick Airport / Basingstoke. Twyford and Maidenhead Branches as well.

98 services for HST (we also get the choice of 50 services in 7 car formations and 48 services in 8 car formations. 5+2 and 6 + 2.

16 Class 66 services

Totaling 344

Overall the update has bought a breath of fresh air to the route. I really love this shot I took yesterday after arriving at Paddington
    Also if you are not aware on the Class 166 you can change the headcode. If you look at the pic below I have set it to Network Southeast :P A big THANK YOU goes to Adam and the pres team for doing such a cracking job on the update.

[​IMG]

Cheers

Hentis

• Like Like x 5
  33. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

It's fairly simple, make sure stop button is released, back 3 pedastal control switches up, front down in start position then push & hold start, then once running switch pedastal switch to Run, I don't think the master key has to be in to start it.

• Like Like x 2
  34. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

This is a great route, and even tho it was the 2nd route, this has really bought it back to life, and has made a big big difference. Adam you and your team deserve a big pat on the back for this. Brilliant work.

• Like Like x 3
  35. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I agree this is great. A super job. I hope now they take this love and take it to the LIRR. the busiest USA commuter route needs some love.
    Would love to see the timetable get close to the 750 services that are in reality

• Like Like x 2
  36. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I agree but they need to fix the signal issues first then joe can make a new timetable for it.

• Like Like x 1
  37. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Absolutely fantastic update, it's a great addition with all the extra features.

I have submitted a ticket based on locos not having wipers working when operating in the rain. I felt this would be a good addition and add a small amount of immersion. Has anybody seen this on any routes or locos at all as AI services?

• Like Like x 1
  38. antony.henley

You know what I havent really noticed it lol.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  39. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Stujoy mentioned:
    "I did see one passenger on the track getting hit by an HST which is not good"

Well, on Rapid Transit, while I was stopped on a station, a "person" from the other side platform, crossed the track and climb on my train, stopped on the other platform!
    Really strange!
    Hopes he checked if another train was coming! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I was trying out the 166 again and I have noticed it no longer has any wheel slip in the rain. You can now start off, slam it into notch 7 and it's fine. Even an emergency brake application in the rain does not cause any wheel slip. If anything I find brake performance the same in the dry and wet now. The 166 physics needs to be looked at again in my opinion, and the new sounds don't sound right at all.