Fishing Sim World Mp Tournaments

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by Caleb, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Caleb

Caleb New Member

Is anyone else having problems with not being able to join tournament and it just sits there a load and it won't load?

2. etfisherman

etfisherman New Member

It's been working fine for me.

3. jorma04

jorma04 Member

It has worked for me.

4. Thamius

Thamius New Member

I am also having issues joining then. It just sits in the loading screen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SQUINT

SQUINT New Member

I was also having problems connecting to a MP tourney. I say "was" because I requested and was granted a refund from Xbox due to this. I think the game has promise, but a broken online component, coupled with almost non-existent Dev responses to bugs, added to their already questionable history with fixing bugs and I was outtenzee pretty quick.

I was hoping for a decent game to get me over the waiting for Red Dead 2 hump, but with no online play working, this clearly was not the game to do it.

Maybe if things get sorted out down the line I may re-purchase, but I will definitely be waiting for it to be at a discounted price.

6. J Teeps

J Teeps Member

I think the game is a lot of fun, and has a ton of potential. Hope to see you back when things are fixed. I personally think it was a hasty decision to return after a couple days. I'm sure updates will come.

7. SQUINT

SQUINT New Member

Well the longer i waited the less likely i would be to receive a refund. If DT had a good track record when it comes to fixing bugs i would agree with you, but from everything i have read that just isnt the case. It also didnt help that in my second time trying single player tourney that i caught 2 13+lb Largemouth that took all of 10 secs each to bring in on starting gear.

To say that the amount of bugs that the game currently has right now is immense, honestly feels like it would be an understatement. Adding a gamebreaking one in no online tournies was just too big a hurdle to give benefit of the doubt to, personally speaking.

I will be back if things get fixed though at some point down the line (no double pun intended lol)

8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Which platform are you playing on?

We will be updating and improving the game so hopefully we will see you back on it at some point.

9. Hamma Chewer

Hamma Chewer New Member

Yeh...All the Single player Tourney's and the online Pred Tourney...As well as Basic stuff like not being able to see your position/placing on the Leader boards...At times this game shows great promise...But most of those promises should have been delivered when, like me, you fork out £30.00...More than a little annoyed...But i'll stick with it for now...(XBOX-1)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

I'm having the same problem with the bass tournament on Xbox live. All the other tournaments work fine but the bass tournament just sits at the loading screen for ever. It maybe because the lakes are so huge but I have nearly 100 GB free on my regular Xbox one so I shouldn't be running out of memory or free space.

Simon

11. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Agreed the lack of any ability to properly view the leaderboards in very frustrating. Its also kinda dumb to chuck us into a random session when we join an online session. Give us a lobby and let us choose the session we want to join, it would be good to have some control other than lake, time and weather over the sessions we host too (tackle restrictions, species restrictions, scoring etc).

12. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Not sure if this will help anyone else having problems entering the online tournaments but I solved my problem (not being able to enter the bass tournament) by switching from the deluxe edition's haichu Odyssey deluxe to the the haichu Odyssey available to everyone in the shop. The bass tournament started for me after that with no problems.

Hope this works around the problem for others who have reported it here.

Simon