Durango And Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad The K-36 K-28 And K-37 Steam Engines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by K-36 480, Jun 30, 2022.

1. K-36 480

K-36 480 New Member

Durango and silverton railroad was built by the rio grande western to get supplies from Durango to silverton a little later on when the rio grande western fell the Durango railroad was left abandoned when in 1981 the railroad was reopened and became the Durango and silverton narrow gauge railroad around 1989 there was a great roundhouse fire that happened after the fire they rebuilt the roundhouse and restored all there locomotives to running condition again. with there k-36 480,482,481 and 486 steam locomotives,k-28 473 476 and 478 steam locomotives and the k-37 493 are now running passengers to silverton and back to Durango over a 400ft drop with amazing views crossing along the animus river and going to the old town silverton in the yard when the trains are away they use a diesel called hot shot to switch around cars. This is an amazing railroad and I hope it comes in the game for the next American steam engine railroad

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'm in. This would be a fantastic route. We should also get the Cumbres and Toltec, which also uses narrow-gauge Mikados.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good call, though some means would need to be found to replicate the train order/track warrant control system. From what I can recall the Silverton Line has no fixed signals.

4. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be that hard to work out, Promontory Summit and Cheyenne 1869 have a bunch of invisible signals for the purpose of scenario creation. I would assume a similar system could be pulled off in TSW if they really wanted to. Besides, I wouldn't think the D&S or C&T would have that much traffic to worry about anyways.

5. K-36 480

K-36 480 New Member

Believe me if you see the line now they have been sending 4 or even 5 locos now I understand there’s no signals but I think it would be cool for using the radio for dispatch but I also hope the add the D&RGW especially adding the line from Durango to Denver and durango to silverton and just add some of the Denver and rio grande western I also hope they add the galloping goose to but that’s a article for another time but thanks for the feedback

6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I love the idea.