Question Thread - Roadmap Stream, 5th July

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will#6971

will#6971 New Member

Will there be any future london underground route apart from the bakerloo line?

• Like Like x 5
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Can we have an outline of what aspects are being worked on during the “pause”?

Has Spirit Of Steam been a success? Are we likely to see other steam or early diesel routes or will it become an isolated project? If successful are there plans for additional DLC to flesh out the services and greater variety of traction?

Already mentioned but worth repeating, there is currently a thread discussing the state of night lighting in the game with lots of comparisons to ETS2 and ATS which are far superior in most respects. Are there any plans to address this, either as part of the pause or going forward?

What is the current status of Scenario Planner 2.0? Game desperately needs a feature for users to set up their own consists and more complex activities.

Another thread currently doing the rounds is the state of the Suggestions forum. Given 99.99% of the ideas put forward are never going to see the light of day, really what’s the point? Is it time to move to a more moderated systems where suggestions need to be input on a pro forma and peer reviewed by a moderator or admin before becoming publicly visible.

• Like Like x 3
  3. max#3831

max#3831 Member

Will there be no more steam locomotives routes or locomotives for Train Sim World 2 because steam locomotives are nothing but piles of scrap and they're fire hazards to forests and towns and they're not reliable. Will there be a route where you are in a scrap yard shunting rusty steam locomotives for scrap?

• Like Like x 1
  4. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

Are you really going to spam all threads ? Take a walk if you need to calm down.

• Like Like x 3
  5. max#3831

max#3831 Member

I'm sorry I'm just not good mood because I came up with a few suggestions for Spirit of Steam and they told me that they were not good ideas.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Why is the HUD massive now? Was it a design choice or an error?

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

If you post in a public forum, there's always a chance someone might disagree with you. Grow up.

• Like Like x 2
  8. max#3831

max#3831 Member

I'm sorry about that sometimes you just got to vent you know.

9. matthewupv#3726

matthewupv#3726 Member

1. Why are there issues which were not in TSW 1 being put into TSW 2? EG - Seeing through objects from a distance as well as lights going out.
    2. Why is it that there are less loco DLC's which DTG are releasing?
    3. Numerous people are experiencing a laggy intro due to articles and other online DTG things? Again, this wasn't present around a year ago and now it has been add, DTG need to check that the core game runs as it should on ALL platforms so things like this don't happen.
    4. Why don't you put the same effort into other train sounds like you did with SOS?
    EG- The class 66 sounds terrible because the sounds were not implemented properly from AP and those sounds are 5 years old.
    5. A lot of the things in the GWE 66 are made up like the screen showing information which isn't there in real life. There was plenty of time to sort that out before the GWE update released. I would use the 66 a lot more if it had the correct interior and proper sounds.

I know quite a lot of those questions were negative but there certainly has been positives recently from DTG such as fixing the XBOX audio and other core issues, this is the sort of thing we want to see more of to make DLC we already own more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The HUD always has been massive. Didn't notice a change? Even DTGs "small" HUD option is massive, but repeated request to make a proper small HUD have been left unanswered.

11. OldVern

Another one in light of discussion raised in the Sales thread.

Are DTG raising the cost of the products as has apparently been seen on the Epic store post sale? If so, will these upwardly revised prices also be reflected on Steam when the current sale ends? Again if so, do DTG really consider this a wise move in the current economic climate when everyone is facing steep increases in just about everything from fuel to food? If anything gets the chop in hard times it will be entertainment software perceived as overpriced.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The small HUD option is now the size of the old large HUD. It may always have been big but now it is bigger since the core update that accompanied SoS.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

So that's another step in the wrong direction...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Here my questions:
    - Any new information about the DB BR 187 fix?
    - When is the release of the DB BR 420?
    - What will be the new German Route and the rolling stock?
    - When is a new German Loco-Add On in planning?

I hope the questions will be answered in the stream.

• Like Like x 2
  15. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that someone at DTG wasn’t commonly linked to RPI. I wonder if this or operating / salary cost have triggered it, a lot of companies have increased price with inflation. In the same way Paul got his steam route perhaps putin could get his Kalingrad one (back) and prices would reduce.

16. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Another Question: Are there any Sound Updates planned for the Rapid Transit Talent2 ?
    It's just not Fun to drive with this if you can hardly hear anything in the Driver's Cab.

• Like Like x 4
  17. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

-What will be the preservation crew's next major focus once they complete all of the current work they are doing?
    -Will we be seeing more loco dlc's? There has been a huge lack of them over the past year.
    -What improvements (Ex: Rush hour passengers) are you looking into doing to improve the game.
    -Will you guys ever plan to do scenery improvements to routes with not so great scenery?
    -Are you guys going to be doing a huge summer update? No need to go into detail, I just want to know if there will be one this year.

18. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I think the big summer release this year will be a new freshwater DLC for Fishing Sim World: Spirit of Bream.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The 420 will depend on TSG lol. Dtg can't force him to release it. He gets to choose when to release it. He's got to do everything from physics, sounds and other things. Probably adding some more immersive features as well. With tsg's dlc, we always know it will be high quality so let's just keep on waiting. He is also making the 232 which will be worked on after the 420 releases and then the 218.

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There appears to be a bit of discussion again elsewhere on the forum as to the exact reasons why TSW does not have a public editor. Can you explain why there is no editor to clarify the reasons for everyone?

• Like Like x 1
  21. britishrail#4292

britishrail#4292 New Member

My question is:
    Will there be any other Spirit of Steam routes, or in general another steam train route?
    If yes, is there any information you can tell about that steam train route?

22. Asgar Serran

Asgar Serran New Member

Hallo,
    Mich würde es interressieren, ob es in naher Zukunft ev. möglich ist, komplette Strecken rauszubringen. Und nicht nur Teilstücke einer Strecke.

Auch bin ich gespannt, welche neue Deutsche Strecke in Planung ist u ob der Northeast Corridor weiter gebaut wird?

Vielen Dank

23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

TRANSLATION :
    Hello,
    I would be interested to know if it might be possible to release entire series in the near future. And not just sections of a route.
    I'm also curious which new German route is being planned and whether the Northeast Corridor will continue to be built?
    Many Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  24. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Will DTG improve the rush hour passenger system? We see in routes that have the system have problems such as stations that are empty during rush hour times even the stations that are busy in real life, stations that have passengers that refuse to get on the train, having a full train only for all passengers to get off at the next station (I guess Lambert North is a popular station along with Twyford) and passengers still walking down to the platform when the train has arrived even though Matt said that most passengers won't be doing that. This was a welcoming feature but unfortunately it wasn't well executed so will you plan to improve it in the future?

Will SEHS receive a preservation crew update and Rush Hour passengers. Maybe scenery improvements to the HS1 section as well?

Also how will DTG improve lighting and sounds? Two threads have been made about this issue that has just been ignored and these are popular threads.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The answer to this question will be "if it's not on the roadmap, then we aren't working on it" or "there are no plans at the moment but never say never"

• Like Like x 1
  26. flake

flake New Member

Is there any new country planned? It's nice to have lots of German, British and American routes, but many players would definitely appreciate something new and different :)

27. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

My questions
    1: Has DTG hired vehicle artists recently if so could loco DLCs potentially return?
    2:Have any new Third party developers joined recently in the last few months?

I appreciate it Derick

• Like Like x 1
  28. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Will the br425 from HRR get an Update which implements LZB Support Like in reality? Because in reality without LZB the BR 425 ist only allowed to Drive 140kmh and with LZB active 160kmh

• Like Like x 1
  29. chieflongshin

Be good to have all these questions in a Google sheet so we can see what's answered and outstanding for some community accountability

30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You volunteering to collate and update that? Well done sir.

• Like Like x 1
  31. chieflongshin

Another question....

I was just watching kunos simulation talking about how they scanned tracks in America travelling I believe from Europe over the last two years. Are DTG travelling freely again now or still grounded in UK.?

DTG JD , I've copied this from elsewhere, in light of recent discussions about suppliers are you happy about how your product is being represeNted/unsupported here? Appreciate this may not hit the stream but this comes across as dismissing customers feedback or outright not replying

"Just a share, Rivet have replied as anticipated about the 150. I believe this means "sold as seen"

https://forums.rivet-games.com/forum/general-chat-en/7117-class-150-2-updated-review

This too, 2 months on their board and zero reply

https://forums.rivet-games.com/forum/general-chat-en/7082-west-cornwall-local-needs-finishing"

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  32. ILied

ILied Active Member

What enabled the jackhammer Xbox fix to be released as a standard update?

33. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

• Will the new incoming German and US routes from last roadmap be revealed?
    • Can the frozen rods (from the distance) in Spirit of Steam be fixed?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  34. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

are they gonna ever update the Harlem line or long island railroad

35. chieflongshin

This question needs honing in more . What do you think needs updating. If they just answered "yes" you've learnt zero

36. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Will make a note to do this, yes.

• Like Like x 2
  37. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Any news on the ps5 memory limit fix.
    Any news on the br 187.
    Any news on the class 483 speedo bug that gas been reported on there forms and DTG forms as its been in the game since September are beyond no.
    Any news on the next batch of presentation updates.

38. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I know the deal with LIRR> But maybe in the future is there a chance of looking into a new LIRR route, possibly the South Shore Line (Babylon Branch and a branch or two, like the Rar Rockaway and West Hempstead?

39. DTG JD

Thanks for your questions, folks. We'll try to cover what we can.

As much as I don't want to conform to type (and bingo fans, get those dabbers out now!), in order for us to hit some of the deeper questions tonight, the response to some of the 'when will we get XYZ', or 'are we planning improvements to XYZ', or 'will you make XYZ route/loco' questions will be answered by 'if it's not on the Roadmap, we're not currently working on it.'

We appreciate the questions though, and it doesn't mean that work won't happen in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Even when things aren't currently being worked on, can you at least let us know if DTG considers certain things 'working as intended' or acknowledge things could use improvement?

41. OldVern

Put suggestions in the Suggestions forum*. DTG JD has already stated above they will *not* be responding to specific route or train requests in the stream.

* Where I think you will find both these routes have been requested multiple times already.

• Like Like x 1
  42. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

but how come they are not doing any new releases of new routes or locos at the moment

43. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There were two "new routes" on the last roadmap, just no detail beyond which country they're in

44. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Lachlan, they are using the time after SoS to deal with major issues and bugs, such as the highly successful and received Xbox audio issues.
    Oh, they will NOT be extending routes this has been explained several times in detail by JD and Matt. If you have suggestions please let them know what you would like, but hijacking threads bye saying that you this that and the other isn't the way to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  45. DTG JD

We've talked about this in the past few Roadmaps (more information here).

From the link above:

We’re moving into a period of improvements – with our Content teams supporting Preservation Crew updates, post-release patches, and improvement of route experience, whilst our Engineering teams deal with the more knotty issues of core improvements to the game (PS5 Add-ons limit, Xbox ‘Jackhammer’ issue, out-of-memory crashes), so you might not see a lot of new stuff added to the Roadmap in the next couple of months whilst we work on these. There is some background work going on with the unnamed routes, but we want the focus to be on getting these bits out of the door safely first.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  46. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Will we ever see a fix for the On the Wight track trophy on ps4. Broken since release. The only trophy that seems unobtainable.
    Also need to have scoring parameters altered for various services on various routes as gold medals are unachievable as they are currently set.

• Like Like x 2
  47. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

1.We cannot create our own scenarios, the available editor is limited. Are there any plans to release packages of complex scenarios (locomotive acceptance and cold start, radio communications, emergency situations, interaction with other railroad characters)?

2. Can we expect a more advanced locomotive control system (more interaction with the controls, access to machines in the engine room, minor repairs and replacement of damaged parts)?

3. Can the physics of train movement be improved in the future (jerks, jumps at rail junctions, swinging and wobbling of train units relative to each other)?

4. Will sound engineers work on improving the sounds of released DLCs? Many units require improvement of external and internal sounds. The external sounds of the movement of the mechanical part along the rail track are poorly implemented. There is not enough clanging, grinding and creaking of the iron parts of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  48. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

So does this mean the routes won't be named in today's update?

49. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Would it be possible to have a "gameplay issues we are aware of" list, would really make reporting bugs easier, especially when they've been there for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  50. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

TBH, i would like an answer like "thats something to discuss in the future" or even "we would like to do something like that but...", knowing how most people are, they would take that as a "yes".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.