Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Taken from the road map stream this evening

upload_2022-7-5_20-28-58.png

So now we know why content has dried up!!

• Like Like x 28
  2. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

Oh god, here we go again ...

• Like Like x 17
  3. redrev1917

TSW3 leak.png

• Like Like x 11
  4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Oh dear! I will ask, will help if a lot on stream bring it up during the Q&A, that is a right dropped ball :D

• Like Like x 10
  5. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

People will say it was just a typo but why show it and why was it not corrected in the texts

• Like Like x 8
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Cat definitely out the bag there. Suspect that is the true nature of the pause, i.e. TSW2 is now dead stick and the focus has shifted to "3" with the pilot light being kept on by Rivet with their IOW rework. Explains why little or no other content is even being hinted at.

Still, could be worse. They could just have decided to ditch TSW franchise altogether.

• Like Like x 18
  7. redrev1917

Yes the thought that TSW was going the same way as FSW had crossed my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. euaningarfill

Unless that is what this break is for it would explain alot

9. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

The actual question is:

Will TSW3 be a totally new game, hard "cut" like the jump from TS20XX to TSW or a "upgrade" like the whole TSW1->TSW2 thing.

I actually hope it will be a fresh start, hard cut. There are just too many things fundamentally wrong with TSW2 that seem "hardcoded" (otherwise i dont know why they would be done this way and still not fixed).

-Lighting being really bad most of the time and really strange
    -Cant set a season in editor??
    -Massive sound problems
    -flickering blurry graphics...need to play in 4k with max. AA to not look terrible (only game that has this issue)
    -AI trains sometimes becoming a blurry mess when you drive past them

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  10. redrev1917

I doubt they would have invested so much in SoS just to start again from scratch with TSW3, it could just be a rebadge in the way TSW2 Rush Hour was meant to be (although it never really took off).

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

My own opinion is that UE5 is a too good to be ignored issue. There are features there which speak directly to issues with TSW like memory and lighting that are fixed beautifully in the new engine. They even point out that moving from 4.26/7 to 5 is a lot simpler than you might expect. It is just ticking a lot of boxes and I can see many other games already using it, I suspect its a slightly simpler leap than even 4.16-4.23 but that is just speculation.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I really hope this is true. I was worried that the lack of new content meant the game could be winding down altogether.

• Like Like x 6
  13. redrev1917

Could it be that some of the older routes couldnt for what ever reason port over to UE5? Is that what's behind Island Line 2022?

14. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I don't know how you could read that in the short amount of time that it was on screen. Nice catch!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. redrev1917

I rewound when some idiot on stream kept saying TSW3 leaked, just to see what the fuss was about and then I saw it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

As long as TSW 1 and TSW 2 content come across the same as before, I’m up for a TSW3.

without that then I think it will come down for me to just staying with what TSW 2 is and where it is.

Edit: although I would add TSW 3 seems rather to early to me

• Like Like x 17
  17. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I would rather have a hard cut as long as all the long standing issues get fixed.

18. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Maybe this explains the lack of content...

• Like Like x 7
  19. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

One problem with that, if TSW3's just a internal brand for the core update then why didn't Rush Hour up the number? Because they should internally be on either TSW4 or 5 if all core updates count as new versions.

20. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, if this leak is as it seems and not a typo or code for a big update to the game, I wonder if this will see TSW moving on from the older generation consoles

• Like Like x 1
  21. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

TSW3 will not be on last gen I don't think. Island line last route for last gen maybe?

Is this good or bad?

• Like Like x 1
  22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Honestly I’m not that surprised.

DTG always need to have a large, unwieldy project that they are unable to manage, which will release flawed.

I’m sure we’ll get the usual filler about new features such as ‘sparks’ but fundamental issues such as crashing, saves & the dispatcher will remain in their current state.

Since the tin foil hats are on though, some food for thought would be where gen 8 lands with TSW 3, especially since almost every new release has some sort of restriction for those systems.

• Like Like x 9
  23. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Maybe because it wasn't supposed to be shown...?

24. euaningarfill

Why did he have it on his computer knowing he was on just looks very stupid

• Like Like x 3
  25. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

I don't think island line will be the last route for last gen as I imagine there will be a couple more, but I wouldn't be surprised if TSW3 was current gen and pc only, which is good for next current and pc player, because there not restricted by last gen, but bad for last gen players cause you can't play the game anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  26. redrev1917

I don't think it's stupid, I mean he's not the first person on a video call to ever show something he wasn't meant to ( I once stupidly stood up to get the door in the middle of teams meeting to show everyone including my MD I was just in pants - now that was embarrassing and stupid). He's human just like the rest of us.
    I really hope no one gets into any trouble. JDs body language after seemed to me that he was absolutely gutted with himself and was beating himself up over it.

• Like Like x 15
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I bet you were very thankful for those pants. It could have been worse.

• Like Like x 14
  28. euaningarfill

Yes because he had done it before he said tsw3 err 2 now the lack of content all very weird

29. redrev1917

ever thought that its just a co-incidence and last time it genuinely was a slip of the tongue and that there wasnt a TSW3 at the time?

30. AtherianKing

maybe more feature limitations, but full shift really needs to be taken by majority of console players who own the newer consoles

• Like Like x 3
  31. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

That's a stretch if you ask me, nobody at DTG seem the type to play word games, they seem pretty literal from everything I've seen. And mind you it's not the first time they let something slip this way, 4.26 start out as a "slip of the tongue" too.

• Like Like x 1
  32. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

I rember a few years ago pre ue4.26 there was a dev that mentioned it on stream then a few weeks later on the end of year stream Sam and matt dismessed it as a developer getting confused and nothing was planned. Several months later we got rush hour and 4.26.
    I must admit JD did look slightly worried when the chat started mentioning tsw3. The end of the day, we are all humans and make mistakes. Ask Sam for his apology muffin recipe.

• Like Like x 5
  33. redrev1917

Whenever they do live stuff theres always a risk of a slip up, it happens. Matt's done similar leaking new routes etc.

• Like Like x 1
  34. redrev1917

We dont know that the PC arent already on the case converting to TSW3 as part of the updates and they are all just sitting on a shelf ready for the finishing touches and any last minute changes.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

TSW2's announcement was similar pretty sudden though from what I remember, I think almost everyone was expect all core updates to be free like they had been in TS Classic for years.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I do wonder if the "leak" was a deliberate Easter egg, they seem to draw our attention to changing the screen format as Jasper was about to leave the call, which they have never done before - JD mentioned an "amazing transition", almost if they were warning us to pay attention.

An imminent TSW 3, could also explain their change in stance over the UI, as we seemed to have gone from DTG's previous attitude of "there's nothing wrong with it, we are not changing it" to what they said to tonight and what better time to do it with a rebranding to TSW 3.

Give the rush hour farce last year, I would not be surprised if its a "last minute" announcement for TSW 3. I just hope whatever they do they don't end up breaking it even more.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Now the question is which routes will that have as base. If they want to be ambitious why not use Duisburg Hbf on HRR then run that for 156 km 96 mi. That brings you to the Dutch city of Utrecht. Complexities is that it requires ETCS Oberhausen Zevennar ATB EG NG Zevennar Arnhem Utrecht PZB Duisburg Oberhausen. Voltages are 15kv Duisburg Emmerich 25kv Emmerich Zevennar and lastly 1.5kv DC Zevennar Arnhem Utrecht. Represents 2 countries at once Germany's and the Netherlands. Dutch trains VIRM SNG DD-AR Utrecht Arnhem Köln Aachen DB BR406 New 408 Entire Line so is the Dutch Vectron. DB BR189 Red and Rallion to Zevenaar or whole route. United kingdom Calder Valley Line Class 195 US NJ Transit ALP-45DP or MTA M8 M9. Cover will look like this Class 195 UK Germany Netherlands DB BR408 VIRM US ALP-45DP

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A lot of TSW 2020 stuff though is still poop in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 3
  39. AtherianKing

I still enjoy routes like GWE etc, and I enjoy using TSW2 content on them and vice versa, TSW2 also offers upgraded experience such as features and how the game handles generally and immersion controls to name one.

Any change to compatibility of these routes would be a downer for me.

I held same thought when TSW2 was announced, without previous content you go from a collection to nothing on the “new big” game.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I love a good leak. Always feel much better afterwards.

• Like Like x 13
  41. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This sums up my reaction :(

I just hope it won't be a engine upgrade. We saw how the 4.26 upgrade went and the tsw2020 to tsw2 transition went as well. There were only minor changes and some of the tsw2020 routes like LIRR and RT still have issues. Mainly propulsion on the m7 and 442. Need i mention the farce that rush hour was as well. I just feel like DTG will mess something up like they have done with these summer releases.

Funny enough i too did see some user on the stream as well mention that tsw3 was leaked but never looked into it. Perhaps this does explain why they haven't announced the new routes they are working on

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  42. tallboy7648

Im not so sure if that would be the right call. There are still supply chain issues with the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles with the chip shortages. Sony has said that the shortage of PS5s will end by 2024 so I'd assume that most players are still on last gen consoles not only for this game but many others because it is just difficult to get a current gen console unless people are willing to pay scalpers more money. Id think dtg would lose alot of money if they abandoned the last gen players so soon

• Like Like x 4
  43. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

good because hopefully it will enable the sim to move forward into this century rather than being stuck holding back on pushing it to please the older gen users

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 14
  44. tallboy7648

I wonder how low spec pc's that have similar power to 8th gen consoles are able then to play the game. Are lower end pc players holding this game back?

• Like Like x 3
  45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

A PC can be upgraded just like a console can. Times move forward and people accept that both on pc and console. A developer cant hold a game back just to please a percentage of people times move forward thats how buisness work.

• Like Like x 10
  46. tallboy7648

Dodged the question I see.

• Like Like x 4
  47. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

No old PC's are not holding the game back.

• Like Like x 6
  48. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

They can when that percentage is 60% of sales.

• Like Like x 4
  49. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Is that an exact number or is it "thereabouts"? Not trying to be funny or anything, I'm genuinely interested to know.

50. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Its part of the numbers Matt talked about earlier this year on stream of the breakdown of gen 8 vs gen 9 console DLC players and how those numbers compare to PC players. I think it might have been on a roadmap stream when a similar question was asked.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1