Train Sim World 2 - A Coastal Retreat

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

They are separate routes, the original onle IOW classic and an IOW modern. as you could have read in the article.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope they’ve adjusted the timetable on IOW to be more realistic.

3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Except that Diesel Legends did not come with any updates to the route, just different rolling stock. It was all in your imagination. Island Line 2022 is a new, updated route.

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by that; in the 483 era, there was only a train every 30 minutes. The Island Line was never what one might call "bustling"!

• Like Like x 1
  5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

This is how the 484 sounds, can't wait to drive it on the game, I assume everyone moaning about it won't be buying it?

• Like Like x 4
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That's what's said on paper. Im sure they said similar things about the 150 and the ge4/4

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

No but this is how in hindsight DTG should have done Diesel Legends.

• Like Like x 6
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Rebuilding the entire GWML out to Reading (including the wholesale rearrangement of yards and depots) would have been a VASTLY bigger undertaking

9. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

As I own the existing route and haven't played it in months, I won't be spending more than £16 on this new dlc. 11.99 for the unit - fine, but £4 is all I'm happy to pay for a route that's just been refreshed

• Like Like x 2
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Oh God, I hope not. The original line had two trains per hour (on a 40 minute and 20 minute gap because the passing place was Sandown). It is now 2 trains per hour peak times and only one per hour off peak.

11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Happy days, it’s £14.99 :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

What app / website allows you to do that !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I think Rivet intends for this to be marketed as "a loco DLC that comes with a route for a slight extra cost," but from my perspective it looks like "a re-release of an old route DLC with a different train and $2 discount." They still cannot convince me to want this route either way.

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

quite a strange currency conversion going on as the other was £20 and this is £15, making a £5 difference which is usually more around $6-$7 ish

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The whole idea is to not match it to the livery on the Island Line, as that would be copyright infringement and especially risky to do after asking for permission to do the livery and being denied.

On a separate note, that diesel idling sound everyone can hear on the video is not the train, it’s from a road vehicle parked nearby, probably a bus. The same sound is on the original route release.

• Like Like x 9
  16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This route will get a little extra flexibility with the 484's added because there was a station that was double tracked then became single track but is now double tracked again,which will allow more scenario opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Raven2156

Raven2156 Member

What's the point of creating a route with non-licensed train? Dovetail don't you often say: "Highly detailed simulation"?

On the official website you can read: Authentically replicated routes and locos. All official licenses, all authentically recreated – you're in the cab and in control.

Well...

• Like Like x 3
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am 99% sure those sounds are from the BR155 and you'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise. They were just made louder, and the motor was mixed to be more easily heard.

Compressor, Fans and acceleration

It sound too similar to be a coincidence. They also used the same clickety-clack sound from the BR155 for the 483 so it wouldn't be a first for them.

They might have mixed it differently but you can definitely hear those are the same sound bites.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Regards,
    Hentis

(Seems you have missed this off)

• Like Like x 4
  20. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Why do you assume that they are telling the truth. Why do you think you are always right and then have to throw your 50p in?

The sound is awful, you can tell that instantly from the video. Wake up and stop brown nosing them.

• Like Like x 4
  21. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning looking forward to reading the roadmap, but I was incredibly disappointed, not only no information on the new German and US routes but the rivet Loco turns out to be the 484 with a unrealistic livery. Rivet I brought Arsoa and WCL and enjoyed them despite their flaws, but I regret that now knowing that I was supporting a company which is willing to put completely fictional livery on a train. I hope rivet realises this is a train simulator, and a simulator is supposed to simulate reality and not a world where the 484 is in that terrible livery. Sorry rivet but I will not be buying this 484 and will be unlikely to buy any of your future or past products, untill you put a realistic livery on the 484 (sorry for my rant).

How would you even record sounds if the company won't even let you use their livery.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  22. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

wait if this is a loco dlc with a route doesn't that technically make it a route? not a loco dlc

• Like Like x 2
  23. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Surely people should be happy, this is a modern (iow) commuter train that's only just been built lol . Tsw has hardly any new units

• Like Like x 4
  24. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well rivet, nice decision and im definetly looking forward to it.
    People might think iow is boring, but dont forget iow makes it the first unmodded route in tsw2 with acting in different eras.

Thats a huge step into using the potential of routes efficient, when it comes to create something new, but save time as well. That vision we need more in tsw to have not a huge waste with fire and forget projects.

Iow might be not everyboies prefered choice, but for sure the right step into making tsw better.

Here my opinion about the island line railway (operator):
    That strict license policy let me rather staying away from a real visit. A true to life livery in a virtual sim is the perfect advertisement to get people there, but the management seems not to be capable to think around the corner.

Im sure somebody makes a nice repaint.

• Like Like x 4
  25. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm gonna pass on this one for now. The livery is simply a deal breaker. I play this game to get an accurate simulation, so having a fictitious livery breaks the immersion. And as others have said, Rivet's past record doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Like Like x 2
  26. AtherianKing

Don’t claim to know the 484 in real life, but seeing the video of the walk around on YouTube my fist impressions are canny high

the level of detail the loco has seems clear to see

edit: also seems platform pis has been added to the route, will this effect both versions of the IOW line ?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  27. meridian#2659

Good question, my point in this particular case was more about 2 eras with track & station changes, but sharing same surrounding scenery. Its time saving and a refresher.

28. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Bugger

Lots of Love

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. meridian#2659

Exactly, even for the price of a new route.

• Like Like x 2
  30. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Blimey ! Jasper said they started from scratches so everyone don’t get your hopes up we won’t have any GWE or other routes “refurbished” but to be fair what a wast of time they could’ve took all the time
    by making another British or Helvetic route or even the BR Class 700. I hope they didn’t started a new trend of doing existing routes again just in another era…

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t mean more trains running, just that the arrival/departure times are realistic. The old rolling stock could only be run in notch one apparently, but the timings for that are difficult to achieve. You have to run in notch 2.

32. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I don't believe they started from scratch because then it would be identical to the work required to make the route and loco originally. Surely they must have had something to start from. Also if they started over why are they simultaneously updating the old route, that would be two sets of work if true. One to make the new route and one to port the items back to the old one...hmmmmnnn.

33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I didn’t buy the original IOW, but this revamp to a modern era certainly does interest me.

The 484 livery is off putting, sure, but I think it will do just as well as the original IOW.

This is a route + new EMU for people who didn’t buy IOW, for £15 very good deal IMO, and certainly a better idea than just releasing a 484.

I certainly think this is a better attempt at this type of DLC than what DTG tried to do with DLGW.

• Like Like x 4
  34. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I'll admit I'm kind of interested in this route in concept, I already have Isle of Wight for TS Classic, so I already have the 483, and I never bought the TSW version. So this would in fact be the version I'd pick if I choose to grab Isle of Wight at this point given it's a bit more unique compared to TSC.

With that said I don't have the confidence that the original IoW's gonna be updated to a satisfactory degree, nor do I have confidence that they're gonna keep them both updated. And while how good the update for OG IoW doesn't effect me, I do care if owners of the old version are treat well, as how they treat them now is how they're gonna treat owners of this new version in another two years time.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Raven2156

Raven2156 Member

I don't know if you are aware of it guys, but Route DLC's also contain at least 1 locomotive (and there are usually more of them).

Basically we have a "reverse effect" here. Instead of publishing a new Route in which we find locomotives, we are informed that we are buying a locomotive and we get the Route in the set. To be honest with you - where do you see any difference?

You're also talking about the price - of course it's satisfactory, however, the original IOW is also available at a similar price and in promotions (such as now) you can buy it even cheaper.

36. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the cab door key animation, that should be standard for UK routes now.

• Like Like x 8
  37. Mr heff

Why is there no AWS self test sound in the video? Concerning...

• Like Like x 1
  38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I certainly would expect Rivets usual display of development with this DLC, so that will obviously be a factor.

Just in theory though, I think this DLC is a good idea.

Well we could of easily seen just a 484 release onto the current IOW, at which point I personally would have 0 interest in.

A 484 on a modernised IOW, with the usual requirement of also owning the base DLC, would be a little more attractive, although I still probably wouldn’t be paying for IOW, and then a loco DLC, just to play that.

The way that Rivet are actually doing it is the best way I can think of, a new train plus route for less than the route would be on its own, certainly much more palatable. Even with the inaccuracies, the 25% lower cost is a fair trade off for losing some realism, overall this DLC is very well priced.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Perhaps AWS was cut out, as it usually is by default.

• Like Like x 1
  40. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

One thing I have noticed which Im a little shocked over is the demo
    I dont think the island land has AWS, it certainly didnt pre update and it would seem to be a sledgehammer to a nut given the line.

• Like Like x 1
  41. AtherianKing

It does…

42. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

I watched the intro and walkabout trailer; looks really good from what’s shown so far and definitely a day 1 purchase; really glad they’ve updated and modernised the route and brought in the new SWR stock… fingers crossed they get to re-skin in the official livery as hoping for more SWR routes / trains down the line

• Like Like x 2
  43. AtherianKing

I just want to see live streams, and videos of how bugs are when it releases.

as long as bugs are kept to minimum, it seems like something I will be looking forward to getting hold of

44. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Normally I would be slating Rivet, but fair play this time around. Refreshed the route, did the 484 and addressing concerns from last time. Also makes me somewhat positive of perhaps a steam extension sometime in the future. My only concern here was if the loco DLC informed the route update, or the other way around.

I wonder who will first mod the 484 onto GWE in underground colours?

• Like Like x 2
  45. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Oh joy, for once I am inclined to agree with the negative reception. For me personally, the one exciting thing about the 484s coming to the game was the possibility for future SWR releases. Surely they’d get the licensing, I thought… Oh well, wake me up when we get a properly licensed modern British route again.

• Like Like x 2
  46. antony.henley

They are still on ongoing talks with SWR about a liscence. Listen to Jasper explain about it in the latest roadmap stream. They got permission to use "the island line" wording from the department for transport as they own it.

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Well in that case, they should have held off until they actually knew for sure whether they’d get the license.

• Like Like x 3
  48. antony.henley

Should've, would've, could've

49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

On the one side, yes they should because then it sticks to the "this is an authentic recreation" line
    On the other side it does mean they can crack on and make Virgin or Arriva content that no longer exists because "close enough" has now been allowed

• Like Like x 1
  50. Mr heff

Seems odd to leave safety systems cut out on a preview of your new train in a train simulator...