Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that very useful and good to know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

No i answered the question you just did not get the answer you wanted. Nice bait though.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Last gen console users make up the majority of the playebase of this game. The notion by some that somehow last gen consoles holds this game back is absurd. Yes there aren't as powerful, but there are pc's that have similar ram to that of a xbox one x and run just fine. It's all settings based. If last gen consoles can't have certain features, then they don't get them. They don't have the increased passenger numbers. They don't have the layers on HMA. They don't have a full number of services on a few routes. PC players and Current gen players have features that last gen don't. Is last gen holding the game back? No it is not. DTG can add more features for current gen or pc without not allowing last gen players to not play the game. DTG just tries to get things to be as equal as possible so everyone can benefit although they have made concessions when it isn't possible that some features can be equally implemented across the board. These notions are just ridiculous and has to stop.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Ever heard of a yes or no question? Are lower end pc players holding this game back? It's a simple question which you didn't answer

The recommended settings for this game has the same minimum ram requirements as a last gen console

• Like Like x 3
  5. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I answered your question fully above. Have a lovely evening

• Like Like x 1
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Thought I'd get in early before the official explanation/dismissal.

I can't see unreal 5, too many people have seen that station demo and will expect it to run on potatos and 8th gen.

I don't think it will be a rebuilt game totally brand new because of SOS and all the new dlc.

if anything I envisage that tsw3 could be the be new German and US route in a pack with core fixes . That said I'm not even sure that will be possible as likely everything will need pulling back through adams team unless they're easy implementation
    Dare say we'll have an official but vague line by midday

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Oh god no.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chieflongshin

In the multiverse there could be an acknowledgment tsw3 is on the way, it's closer than we realise and give some slithers of info (all whilst the marketing team work 20hr days to recover the potential leak )

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Yes! Finally! This is what I've been hoping for for a long time now.

Why?

Because now they could fix the game indipendant from existing content by just putting everything into Pres Crew again. That way they could launch TSW3 with requested features, working features like save game, and less bugs, and not have to worry about old content being compatible.

That would mean we would start all over again, but that would be much better than what we have right now.

Additionally, I would like them to call TSW3 something like "World of Trains" or something, without any number, to make it the new platform thats here to stay.

I dont claim to know everything better than them but if they don't do it like I just mentioned, they'd miss out on a big opportunity. With that opportunity, they could fix the game with as much time as they need, while keeping the players happy and fix the confusing "game or simulator" marketing.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If this is the case then I think it’s most likely the US and German routes will be part of this

• Like Like x 4
  11. chieflongshin

How many DTG staff are sat on a crisis call now or sat with cornflakes thinking "oh no no no, how wrong they are" :)

Alternatively there's this way

upload_2022-7-6_7-43-37.png

• Like Like x 4
  12. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Even if this is an actual leak and TSW3 does exist, I feel sorry for JD who is probably having some tough conversations with the boss today, he was clearly flusstered by it on stream as expected but they both managed it well and continued. Think it should be obvious the next iteration of TSW is in the works even if it is years away, thats just games development. For all we know it could also just be an internal name for the next big release but seeing we have seen so many things now about it im inclinded to conclude that TSW3 is a thing. What it will contain is still to be seen but im excited either way and am sure DTG have learnt from previous experiences.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at DTG today :P

• Like Like x 4
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

"TSW3" could be anything. It could be an entirely new game (as with the TSW2020-->TSW2 thing), it could be an update (like we had with Rush Hour), or it could be just a basic bundle of routes (like TSC receives yearly).

They do seem to be spending time to fixing bugs in our TSW2 content, and I see no reason for them to do that if they were to abandon TSW2 (like they did with TSW2020).

I'd be nice if DTG JD could explain a little more about this "TSW3" before we all start panicking and jump to conclusions based on too little info. :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. chieflongshin

To be fair if a clanger has been dropped these things always work out best for a company , take this post for example, we're all keenly talking.

Whatever response we get today, I don't think JD has ever done DTG a disservice and I hope they don't treat it as such. If anything , slip or no slip, he's bought the community together in a post with no moaning so fair play

• Like Like x 13
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If JD does get in trouble, likely there’ll be a vacancy for UK Prime Minister soon… :)

• Like Like x 15
  16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Low spec PCs are not holding anything back because the difference is that both Sony and MS have clauses which state that a developer cannot knowingly put in a setting which may cause a crash, this isn't true in Steam or Epic. It's also true that memory on a PC is handled very differently and most PCs have the same or higher RAM, but then also have vRAM to handle things not vital at this moment (so they can shove background tasks out of the way which consoles can't or don't do)
    I run a low spec PC (seven year old processor, low budget GPU, 32Gb RAM) and TSW runs at max 30fps, but I don't care...

• Like Like x 4
  17. OldVern

Not to mention the current chip and GPU shortage/outrageous prices prevent PC users from following the traditional upgrade course. I would love to put a RTX card in my potato but not at silly prices and I’m not paying £1200 or more for a new box which is only going to offer a marginal improvement over what I’ve got.

18. ARuscoe

Depends. I could easily upgrade from my seven year old CPU to a three year old CPU or to a mid range GPU
    Just looked on my normal provider for such things and I could slap £800 down and get both delivered tomorrow...

19. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

For a minute think if this was not a company with a history of leaks.
    This could have been one of the best marketing ploys of all time, I think they are scurrying to put together the article, they surely know they can’t say no comment for any period of time. It will be interesting to see how the day progresses.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ARuscoe

Knowing DTG's track record over five or six years... it will progress with abject silence. We're more likely to get a confession out of Boris Johnson

• Like Like x 8
  21. OldVern

I think browsing time today firmly divided between here and BBC News!

“It can only get better…”

• Like Like x 2
  22. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

At least it's quite certain JD won't be your new prime minister as his leak was too good for DTG to let him move on ;) :D

Good hob, hype is created, amongst the recent fixes another swipe into a more positive atmosphere regarding TSW.

Everybody is speculating, no full-blown-leak as the website was back in the days... again, good job JD - you earnt yourself a coffee ;)

• Like Like x 6
  23. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

At least JD would be better than the bloke we have at the moment and the coward alternative, just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So for all the 8th gen users in Canada better go to Gamestop. I know they have tons of Series X's and S's available across the country.

One in a mall here has over 100 series X's for sale. $697 with a 3 month gamepass ultimate credit as well.

25. bakedpotatos.jm

JD won't get in any trouble, he is after all just human and mistakes are made sometimes. A good company wouldn't give him too much trouble. But some good teasing and ribbing for a few months maybe years is in order though

I'm pretty sure Matt and Sam have leaked stuff in the past so no big whoop.

• Like Like x 7
  26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

+1 for JD as PM

• Like Like x 2
  27. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Probably why we haven’t heard much from Just Trains or Skyhook in a while…

• Like Like x 5
  28. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

At least JD don't lie (Boris) and he knows what he's talking about (Keir)

• Like Like x 2
  29. bakedpotatos.jm

Plus JD doesn't have wicked bad bed head all the time.

30. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Anyway, we're digressing here

31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

That's a good shout, plenty of time getting to know what they can and can't do with the editor and then released the first dlc for TSW3 or whatever it'll be called.

32. bakedpotatos.jm

I suppose the "later" for the DB BR187 updates is after TSW3.

33. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

If TSW3 is coming I wonder when it's going to release.

• Like Like x 1
  34. OldVern

Well that is the $64k question.
    If it is indeed coming, my smart money would be Q3 2022 i.e. September ish, but certainly in time for Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  35. redrev1917

I'm going to hazard a guess at either August or early September this year.

• Like Like x 3
  36. ARuscoe

If TSW3 is coming, wonder how much is will cost, how soon will TSW2 content be assured as working, when will "what will then be preserved routes" be brought up to spec etc etc etc
    When is it coming is much less important to when will it work properly (and when do I get charged for it)

• Like Like x 4
  37. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I don't think this is all that bad. Of course if you didn't want the routes that TSW3 comes with, that's a negative. I am very grateful that i have a PS5 and will be able to enjoy the small number of new features TSW3 brings. I'm looking forward to the official reveal.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No denial from DTG. Lends credence to the fact that TSW 3 is real and no point denying it given the evidence we’ve seen. Hopefully a total rebuild from scratch for current gen consoles only so that the true potential of the game can be realised.

• Like Like x 6
  39. ARuscoe

They could easily be in meetings...

• Like Like x 1
  40. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, in terms of when TSW3 could be there are a few interesting things to consider, we only have eight routes left on the Preservation Crew update list, scenario planner and livery designer 2.0 which were shelved and have been for a long time and we have one of the smallest upcoming content lists we have ever seen from both DTG and the Third Parties.

Perhaps by the time this round of Preservation Crew updates and the new routes are released DTG will have resolved the major issues on the roadmap and will be ready to move on. I wouldn't be surprised if this was what the current release 'break' is about, resolving the major core-core issues, drawing a line under TSW2 and giving themselves a solid foundation for the next title. After all, DTG in the past have suggested that slowing their release schedule could have significant implications in terms of forcing them to scale back things like the community team and preservation crew.

• Like Like x 1
  41. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

DTG got away with charging for TSW2 but only after they agreed to migrate most of the legacy routes. I think there may be resistance to paying for a TSW3. Given the current financial climate I'm not convinced that now is the best time to start asking for yet more money for the core product.

• Like Like x 10
  42. OldVern

Disciplinary hearing, probably…

• Like Like x 1
  43. redrev1917

If the update comes with 2 new routes ( the as yet unknown US and German routes) and an upgraded route (here's looking at you GWE with a Greenford Branch and the Class 230 which shares it's heritage with the Class 484) for a similar price point to what TSW2 was sold at prior to SoS then my wallet can easily be opened assuming older routes migrate over as well.

• Like Like x 4
  44. OldVern

There is also the possibility they could move to the TSC pricing model; i.e. the core update is free but you pay for this years bundled DLC.

45. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Like they did with Rush Hour?

• Like Like x 2
  46. ARuscoe

Some may resist. I personally would have no issue paying for a TSW3 so long as there was a substantial difference to TSW2 and it WASN'T just TSW2 on UE5 for example.
    The constraints which stop TSW2 being what I would want are nothing to do with the engine or lighting, sounds etc (both of which are design decisions by someone at DTG) but I'd want to move towards a more open world approach rather than what we have now where any change to timings, physics, length of train etc causes huge issues and headaches

• Like Like x 4
  47. OldVern

Indeed. Though most of us ended up buying the DLC anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  48. ARuscoe

They kind of did this with RH, but the core provided DLC didn't change, they just added in a new route bundle for that year. To be honest the TSC community has been wondering about the model over there for years anyway and there's always the question of "Do I get the new routes for free because my game now says TS2021...?"

49. chieflongshin

1. Typo
    2. Insider joke
    3. Slip
    4. Cat jumped on keyboard
    5. Actually real
    6. Traincode
    So many routes they can push this away with.... :cool: (unnamed German and US ones for example upon release....)

• Like Like x 2
  50. OldVern

I suspect that's why they removed the year from the game title and replaced it with "Classic". Mayhap we will see a similar rebranding of TSW to remove the sequential numbering.

Also further to your comments a couple of posts ago (hard to keep up with this thread!) I wonder depending how long this has been in planning, if the postponement of Scenario Planner 2.0 is linked, they plan to add it to TSW3?