Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

On console shortages, even I managed to pick up a PS5 from Very UK a few weeks ago.
    XBSX has been available from Amazon UK for about 2 months.
    They're definitely becoming more obtainable.
    The only reason I didn't upgrade was my refusal to pay scalpers, a likely reason for others maybe.
    So, when eventually released, it's probably about time to ditch last gen.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

It's possibly a good sign, i have said else where something is going on. I believe that TSW2 has been pushed as far as it can go and a clean slate is required. Wether that means historic DLC can go into a new format or its only new DLC who knows but we are years after Heavy Haul with a lot of lessons learnt. I honestly believe that alot of what was wanted to go into TSW/TSW2 was announced in good faith but unfortunately just couldn't get past various problems.

Fingers crosses there is a positive outcome on the horizon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nobody (outside of DTG) knows...
    All of this could be a smokescreen
    All of this could be true

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

If they release a 3rd which includes

Save bugs
    Inconsistencies
    Lighting Issues
    UI issues (interesting this got wheeled out the same night as a potential leak eh)
    Red light bugs
    Bad texturing
    Out of memories

Etc etc then god help us.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

What a fuss and speculation about nothing. We all know the commercial guys at DTG are always juggling with names, look at the naming history for TS. They will not move to UE5 until some bigger games are implemented in that, because it is a big and risky change. No need to worry about that for the moment.

I also think they learned a lot of a criticism on the way they migrated from TSW20202 to TSW2. What we know it is a huge project and not very profitable, so there must be a very good argument to change the game core drastically. No need for excitement, but at some point they may announce an annual upgrade with new core routes. But even then it just may be a route bundle, like rush hour. But also for this, they learned an expensive lesson, releasing three routes at the same time is a lot of work.

• Like Like x 2
  6. wsor4005

wsor4005 Member

If it is infact true there are a few things I really want that I haven’t seen mentioned yet, I would love to see a real scenario creator where I can make my own consist and use whatever rolling stock I want, and a route builder so I can build routes using the assets in the game, something like TSC has in terms of scenario planner and route builder.

• Like Like x 4
  7. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Keir is crap and knows nothing he should of supported rmt
    And msybe say some policy's

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Try to keep politics out of it :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

Is there a timestamp in the roadmap Stream?
    I couldnt find it

10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Oh God, the trolls that were on the live stream have infiltrated the forum as well

11. ARuscoe

28:27

• Like Like x 3
  12. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Just saw that timestamp (didn't watch the roadmap completely), feels like it was an intentional tease?

• Like Like x 1
  13. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

Thanks!

14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Difference between what the trolls where doing spamming the chat and having an adult discussion over it, dont you think?

• Like Like x 7
  15. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I for one welcome any improvements.
    Whether it was a typing error or not, this quiet interval seems the perfect time for upgrading the base engine.
    Perhaps Matt is settling into his role and driving his vision.

16. redrev1917

You mean they haven't even editted it out from the recording?

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And a mostly positive one at that, too.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

No, they didn't.

19. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Thank you for some sanity. That there will probably be a TSW3 someday is as surprising as there being an Elder Scrolls 6 someday. The foofaraw and conspiracy theories blowing up over the accidental reveal of a sentence in an internal chat is much more amazing. Reminds me of last year when delays and glitches with Rush Hour had some thinking that alerting the media and marching on DTG's headquarters was a rational response.

• Like Like x 3
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Job swap. Boris for DTG community director? Then we will never get the truth on streams.

I’d been thinking that TSW3 as a new game might be on the horizon due to this lull in route production mirroring that prior to TSW2 releasing. We didn’t have the roadmap then so it was the then community manager who said on stream that would be a long wait for routes before the announcement was made for TSW2. It could be that TSW3 is just the annual change and not a new game but has it occurred to anyone else that DTG are in the process of tying up loose ends with the rush to get all the Pres Crew content released before a deadline? They have said as much. If they can tidy up TSW2 now, they won’t have to think about it once TSW3 is out (if it is a new game) like how they stopped all fixes on TSW2020 once TSW2 came out. I’m thinking it’s a big change. Whether that is to UE5 is anyone’s guess but I’ll go out on a limb and say that it is. Players will follow. I did when Rush Hour was announced and discovered the limitations gen 8 consoles would have. Not everybody can or will, but that’s not really DTG’s concern.

Good to have a speculative conversation.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If TSW 3 is a thing, I hope the graphics are improved further to look even more realistic. Some of the textures currently still look a bit flat and basic.

• Like Like x 5
  22. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Try londonmidland ini settings on TSC. (Just note there’s a line in there which stops continuing in a route you may wish to remove)

• Like Like x 1
  23. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

You day they learn but every time they release another dlc like rush hour basically a LOVE up
    Brighton mainline still has no rush hour passengers
    They learning are they 5 years down the line how many more years do they want

24. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Because they communicate in the background, they have to. JD can choose what tab(s) are being streamed and he accidentally put the teams one up.

It was a mistake, but he wasn't "very stupid" for him to have teams on.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

This explains why they pretty much shut down all routes and just releasing preservation crew updates. I hope TSW3 will go the TSC way of just incrementing the engine and not having us pay for every single release.

• Like Like x 3
  26. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

BML doesn't have Rush Hour passengers because the route already takes up a truck load of memory.

What would you rather:
    A) Get Passengers, but tip the route into too much memory usage?
    Or
    B) Be able to play the route, but not have Rush Hour passengers?

Also, you say "how many more years do they want" - how about you put yourself in their shoes. Developing a game as detailed as TSW is far from easy.

• Like Like x 2
  27. We have already got sparks on tsw2. Or do they mean 3rd rail sparks or something?

• Like Like x 1
  28. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

It cracks me up that you all think this was ‘accidental’.

DTG pull this sort of thing all the time (‘accidentally’ releasing information) and it handily creates chat, speculation and interest in their product. Either the people that work for DTG are the most incompetent people going, or far more likely this is a carefully calculated ‘leak’ designed to get everyone talking and speculating.

I don’t believe for one minute it was unintentional, in fact I’ve never believed it’s been an accident each & every time this has happened.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  29. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Oh boy, TSW3! Can't wait to see what new bugs and gamebreaking issues it will introduce:)

• Like Like x 4
  30. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I hope for TSW3 they truly draw a line under the way that routes and especially rolling stock are wired. Perhaps at last we will not have to deal with 5 versons of the BR185 etc.. I hope DTG also embrace UE5 and have the courage to move forward with som intelligent game design.

• Like Like x 3
  31. redrev1917

Im sure they mean 3rd rail sparks, sure I read somewhere that the 484 had it but cant find a reference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. Ok thanks. If they can make the wheels light up on the 8f then some electric arcs shouldn't be a problem on tsw2. I don't see where tsw3 comes into it. But if it's coming I guess I'll be spending money on the rtx 4xxx series when it comes.

33. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Doesn't really help Mat_Jam_Ca on PS5 though :)

• Like Like x 3
  34. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I really hope this is a free update instead of buying a brand new game and start from Scratch again, although buying the routes are more expensive a free update would be more convenient

35. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

We love bugs and issues don't we

• Like Like x 2
  36. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Oh, look at all the tin foil hat chat. :)

• Like Like x 4
  37. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess it's difficult to say yes or no. Reminds me of Prime Minister Boris Johnson with the partygate scandal

• Like Like x 1
  38. You mean Boris the bullet dodger.

• Like Like x 2
  39. tallboy7648

Open world. So like something such as the ability to go from a house to a depot or a station or something along those lines

• Like Like x 1
  40. tallboy7648

And can potentially cause a whole host of issues like what happened with rush hour

• Like Like x 1
  41. tallboy7648

Basically a full editor. That won't be happening as stated time and time again. A consist editor seems plausible but a editor to make your routes is something I can't see happening unless DTG find a way to get past the licensing hurdles

• Like Like x 1
  42. tallboy7648

I don't get the whole upgrade to UE5 thing. There are no games out as far as I know that use UE5 yet. Also DTG did say that they wouldn't do engine upgrades unless it was necessary partly due to what happened when they upgraded engines in 2020 and 2021. Is upgrading to really that necassary to unlock the full potential of this game? Frankly, one can argue that UE4 has potential that DTG haven't even reached.

• Like Like x 3
  43. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Where can I find them? (Link)

44. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

If this leak was indeed accidental - I think this thread is the most obvious demonstration of why they wouldn't want to brand a big summer's update "TSW3", unless it was actually huge, and the reason why so far they always came up with "we don't have plans for TSW3".

Expectations are off the charts, people are scared about preserved collection, others already thinking about having to buy a new game, we've got it all here.

Don't get me wrong - I hope you guys are right, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like Like x 1
  45. ARuscoe

nah, more like "lead with the signalling" so things like timetabling becomes easier, delays and other issues can be incorporated, make the world lead the trains (as it does in real life) rather than the other way round.

• Like Like x 3
  46. tallboy7648

Oh I see. Basically dynamic events

• Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

Now if it isn't called tsw3, what would they call if then? I highly doubt the summer update will bring major new features. I also think charging for a "new game" when it's the same game with minor new features (like what happened with TSW 2020 and TSW 2) would not be a good idea. (Although sports games seem to get away with this every year)

• Like Like x 4
  48. ARuscoe

Partially.
    Let's put it this way (all UK based), in real life for a driver to have passed a signal it must have not been red. This means they wouldn't just stop and would continue to the next signal. The signal behind them would be yellow. Therefore any train which is NOT facing a red should proceed at whatever speed is allowable given context
    This doesn't seem to have been programmed into the game but is the basis of how things work in real life. Once you have permission to proceed you proceed until something tells you otherwise

There's also things like stopping at stations and not being able to swap out trains of different lengths. This should be dynamic (or at least more intelligently than it is now)

I was very disappointed when Matt said last night that they're now NOT working on dynamic routing into platforms or sidings because "what they have now is good enough to satisfy the new Bakerloo timetable". Obviously my disappointment is my problem, but for me it is STILL a problem that could be fixed which would solve several issues down the line

Obviously I have very little input into where TSW is or is going, but those were my thoughts on it back when TSW didn't have a 2 at the end

• Like Like x 5
  49. ARuscoe

Train Sim World : A new hope

• Like Like x 19
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

True. It’s all speculation and there will be as many arguments for not changing to UE5 as there are for changing. It’s all a good thought exercise to speculate about it. I would say that moving would unlock more potential than improving what they have in UE4 but it would be another big leap with potential issues arising. Similarly, any huge improvement within UE4 is likely to involve much work making all the current content compatible with the changes, so a new game could still be required and not all the content would come with it. So many variables and options available to DTG and we’ll only really find out when they make an announcement.

• Like Like x 2