Tsw 3 - Save Data

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucasLCC, Jul 6, 2022.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's now no secret that TSW 3 is coming down the line. Plenty of other posts out there which discuss it. However, two important requests:

- Save Data must carry across. It didn't during the move from TSW2020 to TSW 2, and having our performance wiped every two years isn't on.

- Achievements should auto unlock. There shouldn't be a case that we need to redo achievements again.

Of course if TSW 3 ends up being an update to existing files then this issue goes away, but if it's a new game then I do expect the above.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Calm down there. We don't even have an official word about what exactly TSW3 is yet! It could just be an yearly upgrade like they do with TSC.

• Like Like x 4
  3. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

What exactly was said or shown?

4. LucasLCC

If you read the last paragraph, I acknowledged this. However, if this isn't the case then it's a really major consideration

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Silly rumor spawned by a typo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

I personally don't think it's a typo, mainly because of what JD has said recently regarding this. upload_2022-7-6_21-15-16.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Your sarcasm sensor must be switched off.

8. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

No offence but its you who is missing it not us. *ahem* deliberate mistake is making it quite clear it was an accident, he then says something more official will be forthcoming but until then no further comment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

You really think that DTG would rebuff something like this using sarcasm? Last time the subject cropped up due to a slip of tongue on a stream it would firmly denied and stated it was a slip up but that no TSW3 was being worked on (and tbh I believe at the time it was a genuine slip up and there was no TSW3). If it was a typo they would have come out and stated as much, plus if you read the actual context it was written, it wouldn't have made any sense saying it was a TSW2 feature rather than a TSW3 feature.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

For the sake of argument I'll go with the premise that JD is indeed being sarcastic and that it was indeed just a TSW2 typo. Well, if we assume that's true then to be blunt he's picked the single most moronic way of addressing it. There's a massive fire resulting from this TSW3 speculation, and if he's truly a firefighter trying to stop it then he's the worst one in the business, all he's done is fan flames with that post. If he really wanted to address this he should've just said-
    Simple, perhaps a bit dry, but hard to misinterpret, far better if his goal was to flat out deconfirm TSW3 as a project.

• Like Like x 4
  11. redrev1917

Also it should be noted that Sam has commented on the same thread this evening, and whilst not commenting on TSW3, Sam is not backwards at come forwards and if it is was hogwash I am sure he would have let us all know.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

It will most likely work like with the switch from TSW2020 to TSW2. Savegame and achievements will NOT carry over, but a good amount of bugs will.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redrev1917

We don't know that and it could be that DTG have learnt lessons from the transion from TSW2020 to TSW2 (you'd hope so wouldnt you) Only time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LucasLCC

Exactly, we don't know it. I do hope that DTG have learnt lessons, however I wanted to make this thread to give them an encouragement if it isn't something they've considered yet.

15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Can we postpone this discussion till something if formally announced?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

It could easily be like the switch from TSW: CSX Heavy Haul to Train Sim World to Train Sim World 2020, where there was a free upgrade and no change to existing progress.

All we really know is that JD is a stealth marketing genius. This goes much deeper than just a game too. The BBC has learned that his name isn't even JD:

JD.png

Just what secrets are really behind that door?

door.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

just shows everyone is different in their wants and needs of a train sim/game.

i personally couldn't give a frig about achievements and stuff like that, i'd be far happier if that whole daft thing could be turned off.. yes i know how to hide the AP part of the HUD, but unless i turn the HUD completely off i still get the annoying ''congratulations, you've driven the same number of KM as the trains number'' popups that block the screen for a few seconds as i'm driving.

And each time i buy a new route, i get all the stupid ''you've used the wipers for the first time in this train, here have a few pixels representing a coin/medal''

And as for a score of my usage of the game, pfffft, what's the point, it's supposed to be a train driving simulator not a quiz game.

But i can imagine most people couldn't care less about joystick input, aka proper analog inputs to control the trains levers instead of using the keyboard, and access to every control that works in the cab via joystick buttons etc.
    For me that's a big thing and number one on my 'wants list' for a train simulator, as i like to build control consoles/desks for driving simulators and go for as much immersion as possible, and tapping away at a keyboard to drive a train is not immersive at all to me,

• Like Like x 5
  18. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Highly agree with the above
    Why do i need to have a achievement because i moved the reverser
    And what is the ap point thing and people wonder why it is called a arcade game

• Like Like x 1
  19. LucasLCC

At the point of any official announcement it'll be likely too late to change anything.

It's a simple request, no matter what format TSW3 takes (i.e. new game or upgrade), the existing save should carry across. Not sure what discussion there is around this, as i can't imagine many will be thrilled to lose what services they've completed etc.

20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

That may be true or not, but now are speculating and worrying about something we do not know more than a name, without any context or content. Bad things may happen or not but as long as nothing apparently goes wrong, I see no point in having long speculations of what might go wrong. If we really think it makes sense to report these worries, we also should worry about this:

TSW3 may not work at all and break the game completely
    It may cause serious performance issues,limiting the fps to 10 or lower
    TSW3 is completely incompatible like TSW is incompatible with TSC
    On the other hand, why should that happen? It also may be that:

- We get fantastic tools to create scenarios and timetables
    - Virtual reality will work and each player will get a free VR device to celebrate
    - There will be multiplayer (whatever this means)

All this is pure speculation, based on nothing. so I think it is pointless. The only thing we can do is rely on past behaviour of DTG, which does not give a lot of hope if TSW3 is a major change. If it is just a marketing trick (which is more likely into my opinion), there is no need to worry.

21. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If we're going off of past behavior though I'd argue there's actually a fairly strong case for them making TSW3 a separate title. The fish sims have been employing this strategy for a good while now, and last time TSW bumped up a number it was separate from the OG TSW.