Fishing Sim World Achievement/trophies Not Unlocking

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by Daft Badger, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Like many people achievements are not unlocking for me on Xbox One & I know it's the same with Trophies on PS4.
    I contacted the developers on Twitter & this is the reply I got:

[​IMG]
    Dovetail Fishing

@DovetailFishing

·
    1h

Replying to
    @daft_badger
    Hi Badger, we are looking at inverting controls and cameras for an update to the game. In terms of fixing achievements, please send a ticket to (link: http://dovetailgames.kayako.com) dovetailgames.kayako.com giving as much detail as possible such as platform you are playing on and what achievements aren't unlocking.

I know it's not a fix but I would suggest anyone having this problem submit a ticket & hopefully it will get fixed asap.

2. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Join the club I’m currently owed 8 trophies so far on the ps4 and I’ve submitted a ticket to dovetail haven’t had a reply yet really frustrating as I’m a trophy hunter aswell nothing more enoying is seeing a game I’m playing not finished or unable to due to glitches and bugs

3. Daft Badger

The fist couple of achievements unlocked fine,catch your fist fish etc. but after that,nothing.The achievement tracker on xbox one shows some people have unlocked a few of the achievements that wont unlock for me but on TA no one has unlocked them.
    Not holding my breath on a reply to my support ticket tbh,took long enough to get a reply on Twitter & they don't seem to reply to threads here much either.

4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Have you sent a list of the achievements/trophies you are having issues with in your support ticket?

5. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

There is a achievement for catch 250 fish, yep done that... currently standing at 1,247 fish caught lol You also have to catch 200 Carp for a achievement, I have caught 712 carp and still no achievement.

I hit level 100 this morning, thankfully the achievement related to that popped straight away.

Here is some of the achievements I have met the requirements, but haven't unlocked.

Fully Hooked
    Up And Comer
    50/50
    Catching Carp
    Jack Of All Trades
    Boast And Gloat
    Bagging Bass
    The Carp Collector
    The Bass Boss
    Trophy Veteran

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  6. Jmk

Jmk New Member

im having the same issue.

7. Redbulladdict-85

If ur referring to
    Me DTG Stephen then yes I’ve sent off and submitted a ticket to ur support team give or take a week nearly and haven’t herd a thing from u guys at all

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPACE ODDITY

I doubt you would get a quick reply buddy, I presume they will have a lot of tickets to get through and will take some time. On a plus note, the game has only been officially released for 3 days, and will have their full attention.

9. Daft Badger

Yes,submitted a ticket with a full list of achievements I should have 3 days ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SPACE ODDITY

You can add the Boast And Gloat achievement to the list of broken achievements.

11. Redbulladdict-85

Lol this game really is broken u would of thought they would of learnt from euro fishing and how buggy that was or should I say still is buggy in my opinion it’s a shame as the game could be really great if they tested there games before they realised them instead of us lot finding bugs after bugs this game shouldn’t have any bugs or issues of any kind but dovetail think u should invest in testing ur games before u realise them instead of ur customers doing it for u hmmm

12. SPACE ODDITY

To be honest Redbulladdict-85, you don't really have to go looking for the bugs, it's pretty obvious after only couple hours play. That leaves me to wonder if the game got any testing at all.

13. Redbulladdict-85

Yeah ur quite right disappointing to say the least just hoping they will implement some sort of patch for the game at some point but I’m not going to hold my breath tho lol

14. Daft Badger

It feels like a early access/preview game at the moment & certainly not a game fit for full retail release.

15. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

Not working for me either.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  16. SPACE ODDITY

Also caught my 50th carp boss yesterday, and guess what.... no achievements.

17. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

I have completed several of the requirements to unlock achievements/trophies as well, but they do not unlock. Seems like the game is still beta if you ask me!!!!

18. Daft Badger

I did get a reply to my support ticket which basically said they are aware of the problem & investigating.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Redbulladdict-85

Well u can add 10 single player tournament trophy to the list along with the 50 and 100 unique items as I’ve pritty much bought all items apart from a new boat also catching 50 fish over 25lb also catching 50 trophy fish as I’m well over that all the above is on the ps4 as it stands I’m owed about 10 trophies by my count which haven’t unlocked

• Like Like x 2
  20. SPACE ODDITY

I don't understand how they cant be aware of the achievement issues, unless they didn't play their own game in development. More then half of the 25 achievements are buggy or broke. My catch 100 fish achievement didn't unlock until 400+ fish caught. I have only had 6 achievements unlock when they was supposed to do.

21. SPACE ODDITY

I feel your pain buddy. I didn't have any problems with the 10 Gold medals in single player tournaments, that unlocked bang on 10 gold medals for me. The buy 50 and 100 items would only unlock for me when I bought 50 & 100 clothes items, have you tried that?

22. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

DTG_Stephen do you guys at dovetail have anything to report on this issue yet? When’s the patch?

• Like Like x 2
  23. Redbulladdict-85

Yeah I’ve tried it all space oddity buying cloths to the point I’ve literally bought all of them that includes tops boots accessories even purchased all hooks all lines reels baits the only items I’ve not got is a new boat and skins which go with the boats I’m saving up to buy all of them see if tht works if not I’m giving up

24. SPACE ODDITY

Has anyone tried redownloading the game and seeing if achievements will start popping again?

25. Redbulladdict-85

I Done that as well believe it or not that was the first thing I done and still no different the game is well and truly bugged untill they implement some sort of patch for the game to sort all the issues out when ever that will be by that time think I’ll be playing something else

26. SPACE ODDITY

You can add the Bagging Bass to the ever growing list of broken achievements.

27. Redbulladdict-85

Oh dear well if some one bags the platinum for this game I’ll be very surprised be one of those games that stays on ur trophy list that never gets to the 100% mark don’t kn what platform worse Xbox or ps4 lol

28. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

This is ridiculous!!! Redbulladdict-85 platinum!!!! lol will be lucky to get 50% of the trophies/achievements at this point. I filled a ticket out for this. “response was” “we are work on this kind regards”. So maybe there’s hope idk.

29. Redbulladdict-85

Thing is when they put a patch on the game trying to fix something normally it creates more problems well it did with euro fishing u can only hope they patch most of the bugs as the game it self is really good could be even better without bugs tho lol

30. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

Euro fishing was buggy. And your right, patch/fix one thing something else always comes about. Idk if you remember the patch to euro fishing that created the bug to where you couldn’t land a fish hahaha hope that doesn’t happen again?!? I would have thought they would have things a little more on point, since euro fishing. Only time will tell now

• Like Like x 1
  31. SPACE ODDITY

You can add Trophy Veteran (Caught a total of 200 Trophy Fish) & The Bass Boss (Caught a total of 50 Trophy Bass) achievements to the list of broken achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Redbulladdict-85

Sounds about right lol

• Like Like x 1
  33. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

It’s been one week @Dovetailgames. Where we at for getting this fixed. This thread will never die until this issue with achievement/trophies are fixed on PS4/Xbox??????????????????????? DTG_Stephen

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  34. SPACE ODDITY

I wouldn't hold your breath buddy. The last time we had a achievement (Trophy Lover) that could not be earned on Euro Fishing, we had to wait 7 months for a fix. They wouldn't even believe there was anything wrong with the achievement for months, even when we kept telling them one of the fish needed for the achievement was uncatchable.... and I am not even sure if they ever fixed it on the PS4?!

35. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

SPACE ODDITY I know man, just so frustrating that they had all this time with euro fishing to figure this kinda stuff out so it wouldn’t happen again. But yet here are. Sad really!!!!!!

36. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah during the Euro Fishing issues, I said to my self I would never buy another game from Dovetail, but my fishing temptation was to strong when FSW was released. I don't know, If the achievements don't get fixed soon, I may have to get a refund and have uncomplete game on my Tag.

37. SPACE ODDITY

38. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, that was exactly my reaction when I first started using Train Sim World....

Anyway - I am posting in this thread (and for the third and final time in fishing threads - apologies), hoping to get some feedback... on the achievement/trophy issue, as experienced by the fishing fraternity...

So....

I was wondering if you are still, a year later, having a problem with trophies and achievements....? I am here, just fishing for a bit of info... (silly pun intended...). This is a problem that also seems to impact on people that really like their trains... So, I am wondering if there is a common fault in the way that DTG have ported their software from PC to PS4 (and PC to X-Box).

I have a feeling that there is an underlying problem, that might be Steam related (but not necessarily - that's just a stab in the dark....).

Anyway - I have discovered a working workaround for quite a few failed trophies, as discussed here (it's very long though):
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

In short, have you tried turning off internet on your console, restarting your software, and then retrying a route... I mean...lake...? And then if the trophies get awarded in this state, can you please visit the thread link above, and let me know...? It would be greatly appreciated, and it might help fix your problem too, permanently (when DTG do a proper general fix).

I don't know if you are allowed to turn off your internet on XBox or PC, and still go fishing, so if this workaround can't work because of this, then I am sorry for wasting your time.....

I have seen that people are re-trying to get trophies and achievements by doing everything again under a new player profile, and I strongly believe that this is complete nonsense (even if it works sometimes, I don't think the problem is player profile related).

Finally - some apologies (again)... I will be posting three versions of this post in fishing threads - so if you are reading most of this for the second/third time, I am sorry. (I am, after all, just fishing for info....).... and casting a line here for the third and final time.... ;-)