Romanian Built Class 56

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by MrLethaface, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

Hi all.

I was just wondering if anybody from DTG can say whether or not there are any plans to release the Romanian-built example of the class 56 to go with the british-built version already available?

Thanks
    Mr L.

2. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

There was a Class 56 with the small Horn Grid made by IHH but that is no longer available for Sale but it might come with Creative Rail's East Midlands Coal Route when it is released

3. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

Yeah, i have that but the sounds are terrible!! I was hoping that if DTG release it, then AP will adapt its class 56 enhancement pack to work with it. I can live in hope!

Cheers
    Terrone.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  4. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

I hope that does happen :)

5. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

6. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

Thanks, i already have those, but they are the Crewe and Doncaster-built Class 56. This is a Romanian-built '56:
    https://flic.kr/p/a9L3Lh
    Cheers
    Terrone

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would not think there is enough difference between the two types - a bit around the cab front - to warrant the time and money that it would take to create a new model

8. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

The class 56 that DTG have released is the one from IHH that they freshened up and re-released.

From the BR Sectors Class 56 sale page on Steam.

"The Class 56 is a former IHH (Iron Horse House) model for the Train Simulator, which was brought on the Train Simulator Standard, including new scenarios and improved exterior model."

I think that they also have some other former IHH models, so if the Romanian-built example is one of them, which IHH also had, why not tart it up and release it, even if its via the market place? Although i could be wrong, and Creative Rail have it and are planning to release it with their upcoming route, if that is the case, then great.

The visual difference between the two variants, although only the cabs, is very obvious. DTG have done it with the 91/0 and 91/1, so if they have it, then why not?

Cheers
    Terrone.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As Creative Rail show pictures of the Romanian 56 why not just wait for it to be released?