Discounts On Psn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Currently full price with no discount in UK
    Currently full price with no discount in UK

• Like Like x 2
  2. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I will take advantage of this sale as looks to be a few bargains. Also, I’d expect to see some kind of announcement into a possible TSW3, whether there will be one or not, once this sale is over. May not be compatible with a potential TSW3 so sell what they can now. Just potentially though as there is a summer sale every year, just my thoughts.

3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I just got it in this sale. The TGV is really nicely done (you can tell how inisistant SNCF was that DTG get the TGV right) but the route looks somewhat lacking in certain parts. It’s a one trick pony though - once you’ve played one service, you’ve played them all. However, it’s oddly relaxing considering the speeds you’re going. That being said, you can’t do much wrong with 80% and I don’t regret getting it for that little money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

I know the London commuter dlc is highly regarded here, with alot of services. Can anyone tell me if it's much different on a PS4? Thanks.

5. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Just brought myself the Tharandter Rampe route. Now I have every single German route. However, I still want to buy the DB BR 187 but won’t due to wrong sounds. In the future, I want to wait until the price is lower around $10 for the DB G6 Diesel Shunter and I may get the Luzern - Sursee by Rivet Games.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I got Cane Creek this time round and didn’t have to delete any more DLC from my PS5 to fit it on this time. It’s a beautiful route and I’ve already lost quite a few hours to it on a handful of full route runs uphill. Slow and steady wins the race and the distance to go never seems to get any shorter but I have enjoyed it so far. The scenery is very well done.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That's right, but the lack of variety is due to the fact that the TGV runs on different tracks than normal trains such as commuter or freight trains. Still, there are some bugs that should be fixed, e.g. the wrong track selection for arriving trains to Marseille, where these trains use the same track as departing trains for several dozen meters (arriving trains are routed one switch too far to the right and then back again).
    It is worth noting that in this DLC again not all represented tracks (3D) are also visible on the map (area Marseille Saint Charles).
    Besides, cars do not drive on the left in France as depicted on the Av. Alexandre Fleming in Marseille.

Was this really available at a discount? I couldn't find it here.

Yeah, you're right, but still several things bother me. The automated placement of 3D objects didn't work very well although it's not as bad as on SMH. Then the runtimes for multi-part services are insufficient because the achievable speed is sometimes lower than the line speed and/or acceleration and deceleration have been calculated incorrectly for these heavy trains. Another thing common to all known DLCs is that you can't get gold medals for all services, neither in journey mode nor in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I think I am at my limit as I have every UK route & German DLC and DLC apart from the isle of wight 2020 and 2022 routes and Dresden Chemnitz installed. The only American route I have is SPG but not the ACW40?. Just quietly sat twiddling my fingers patiently waiting for the PS5 DLC manager.
    However I was going to get Tees Valley, NTP, Class 40 Heavy Freight pack, the Class 20 and 31 off the recent steam summer sale for about £33 for the PC version but forgot.... DOh!

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

C6EBF717-6F35-450C-8C23-4AB8D7D34C07.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It appears there are different discounts in different markets.

11. Lamplight

Apparently. There’s no DCZ discount in Germany either.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

I was sure I was at the dlc limit but couldn't resist the Scottish and French at a fiver each, so I downloaded and all seems to be okay!
    I may have miscalculated, but I'm sure it's over 65.
    Or is the missing data subtly hid?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  13. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I got Cane Creek which I am so far impressed with, but also against my better judgement got the DB 187, terrible LOD on the model with the external cam if you are more than a few inches away, also noticed when I exited the cab and left the door open, not only did the detail reduce but the door renders as closed and then when you move closer it is open again lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I finally got the BR187 because of the discount. It was the last german loco I missed. But waddayaknow: It really IS bad, beyond repair!
    Ah well, nice AI loco then ...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Irish Train sim

Does it add services to SKA or is it a substitute? How many services does it add, if so?

16. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

It adds 17 new journeys in 3 chapters (Freightful Endeavor) to SKA. On my PS4(!) it appears on all german routes, mostly replacing what seem to be BR185 services.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Irish Train sim

Think I prefer the 182, especially if you use the 187 for AI.

18. antony.henley

Are you both using PS4 or PS5?

I am using on the PS5 version and the PS4 version on the PS5 and both versions look fine to me.

Hentis

19. Irish Train sim

Recommend the 187? Also on PS5.

20. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Hi Hentis, I am using the PS4 version on a PS4 Slim.

21. antony.henley

I love the 187 and the only downside to it though is the sounds (which I believe they are looking at a fix).
    But I would recommend it.

Hentis

22. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning friends,

I agree with Hentis, the BR182 is the best German loco in my humble opinion, I already had it with Hamburg at MRCE, then I bought the DB in an excellent promotion it had, and I didn't regret it, love at first sight.

I'd just like to let you use it along with the only powerful ones they can use, unless deceptively easy to use, unless it can be used on all of them, unless it might be incorrect. I remember now...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Hamburg came with the 182, not the 187.

• Like Like x 1
  24. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

fixed, thanks for the feedback

25. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I purchased too.
    I like TGVs, mainly this double deck one, with that paint job.
    As to the route "decoration", it is ok, considering you are going through really fast.
    What are you exactly referring to about "lacking"?

26. Lamplight

Some parts of the route just look really barren - not as in flat, empty land, but as in “someone forgot to put the scenery there”. Maybe it’s just the terribly obvious repeating ground texture. Anyways, I don’t mind that too much since I only paid 8€ and the TGV alone was worth that to me.

• Like Like x 3
  27. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Bought it, run one service from Marseille - man, that's surely the ugliest route I've seen so far. The part from Marseille to Aix-en-Provence looks good, but then the part till the Avignon, well, it's awful. There are parts on that route looking just like it would suffer a carpet bombing a minute ago: empty ground textures and nothing else, no trees, grass, bushes, building, roads, croops fields - literally nothing. Remindes me of Quake 2 levels.

And Preservation Crew sees only a "tiny" effort is required to upgrade this route to the standard of other TSW2 routes (according to the latest roadmap). How come, while obviously the whole part Aix-en-Provence to Avignon desperately needs to be redesign, it's beyond my understanding.

Only the TGV Duplex implementation and the great feel of speed saves this DLC from being a complete disaster. Worth 15-20% of the full price, otherwise avoid.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

The BR187 issues are not only sound or visuals, but many functionalities (AFB, PZB, LZB ....)
    It´s quite the mess ....

• Like Like x 1
  29. Irish Train sim

I’ve just played it and it’s only LZB that doesn’t work really. Apparently it has the sounds of 185 but this doesn’t bother me as not sure what it sounds like in real life.

30. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Naahhhh, there´s quite a bit more to it. But for €7,69 I´m not really caring. It´s OK.

Enjoy the loco if you like it, sure thing! ;)

31. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Please notice it was mentioned by Skyhook - "the manufactuer" - it is working on fixing all reported issues.
    Being also supervised by DTG.

But this was... A long time ago... (in a "train" galaxy far, far away...)! ;)

Hopes this fix, comes soon!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  32. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, on PS4 there are no additional liveries/services coming from other UK DLCs you own. So if you have SEHS, GWR, ECW you will not see nor be able to use any additional services that are normally being populated from those DLCs on the PS5 version of London Commuter. I think it is about 200 services.
    Still, the base number of services of London Commuter is 1200+ so more than enough to make you occupied for at least half of the year ;)
    If you don't mind that:
    • there are only two type of trains available: 377 and 387 in Southern and Gatwick Express liveries;
    • occasional frame rate drops to ~15 FPS for few seconds on large train stations like London Victoria, Clapham Junction and East Croydon and sometimes if you passes 3-4 trains at the same time;
    then I can recommend you this route.
    Besides the frame rate drops mentioned above, the route runs at quite stable 25 FPS.
    I can't tell how much it is accurate to the route in real life, but it's really nicely done, full of details (I'm even appreciate it more now, when I have bought and seen LGV route). Between London Victoria and East Croydon it is more 'urban' style route, while after East Croydon to Brighton it becomes more 'countryside'. Sounds both for trains and the surrounding is also great. In example, if you run a service near Belham you can hear lawnmower sound coming from nearby gardens ;)

But the strongest part of this DLC and what I love the most about it is the trains density - it is really something exceptional. On a single run from London Victoria to East Croydon you will probably pass more AI operated trains that you would normally on 10 or more runs on other route. It is especially noticeable when you drive any service on the 'Slow Line', every ~30 seconds there is another train passing by, the route is bursting with life (in case of trains, not in case of passengers, because those are just few on every platform).

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

New Sales online,
    Tharandter Rampe, Expansion Pack, G6, S-Bahn Luzern, Harlem Line, Rhb Anniversary each 25%

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

And Horseshoe Curve at 25% off too, which I’m thinking of getting because I’ve enjoyed Cane Creek so much. I do like US freight routes. And it is about time I got the New Journeys pack too. All the other 25% discounted DLC will have to wait until a future sale and hopefully a bigger discount as I’m not really feeling the need just now. No tilting trains for me just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up buddy, been waiting for Luzern to go on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

same here took a punt just now. Stopped buying stuff day one or full price a while ago..

And just remembered why…

this lovely looking route, tried external camera
    Horn only works when the camera is next to the front car?? Go in front nothing, second car..nothing. How on earth has this not been fixed since release??

Good ole rivet. Putting the “FFS” in “SBB CFF FFS” :D

37. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Interesting, thanks for the heads up!
    I’ve been looking at Harlem and Luzern ever since they released, but I’m afraid even 25% off isn’t enough to convince me to buy them. Harlem is being described by many as nothing special and repetitive, while Luzern is incredibly short and lacking.
    The steep discounts on older DLCs just show me how much better and cheaper content there is, so it’s still my intention to buy a few of the older and heavily discounted routes and locos.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Harlem and Luzern will have to wait for me but finally itbwas time for expansion and Tharandter Rampe for me.

39. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Everyone may do what he likes, but I know for sure that I will not buy Rivet products under any circumstances, too inferior quality without any approach or will to fix even serious defects.

40. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of buying Luzern a couple of days ago at full price before the sale ... BUT it is scenically a very good route and you can add trains using the scenario editor. There just needs to be more paths and more 'live' sidings. Certainly worth having though - especially if discounted. The EMU is very well modelled.

41. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I’ve finally picked up the Journeys expansion as it’s on offer for the first time; I’m liking being able to drive the correct S-bahn train on Koln-Aachen. Will probably pick up the G6 too. The completionist in me (ignoring US freight routes) wants Luzern and Tharander too but I’d like a bit more of a discount I think. Tempted by Cane Creek though as I love the look of the scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Luzern was the last piece in the puzzle, I have now classed my TSW DLC (not for the 1st time). On PS5 at least!