Train Sim World 3 On Instant Gaming Already??

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dragoner, Jul 24, 2022.

1. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

This isn't fake, just search 'Train Sim World 3' on Instant Gaming, on the page it says the release date is supposed to be 2023.
    Any thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 4
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

mmmm with a lovely dosto, how much I can’t wait to not drive that.

Also, for those who want to be cautious of link clicking, this is indeed on Instant Gaming.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. dragoner

That's strange.. It's just image from Discord group I am in.
    Either way, If you go into Instant Gaming and then search for 'Train Sim World 2', it should be there.

• Like Like x 3
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It is indeed and wow a dosto as the cover image. I really really hope this is just a place holder.

So how long do we need to wait for DTG to actually admit it's a thing and give us some details?

According to instant gaming it's a PC only title. That should get the consoles foaming.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Il try the other method. Thanks.

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Is that a new route? It doesn't seem anything familiar at a quick glance, I can't recognize it, but I don't have HMA and it is taken at an odd angle.

80km/h track speed limit, could it be RSN? kind of looks like it, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact spot. Can't tell if the loco is a BR146 or 143.

I don't think the more "rural" part of DRA has any 80 track speed section (apart from just outside Riesa).

It could very easily be a placeholder or something not official. But at this point I guess we will learn about it soon, as this kind of wild speculation doesn't help with managing the expectations of your customers.

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Here you go
    8EFCD3B6-4D6D-44E5-8CBA-BAAF4F6F9414.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. SKA on the image above and looks like RSN on the little picture. Screenshot_20220724-165411_Google.jpg

Yay! I managed to guess the route correctly!

Given the lack of PIS this looks like a TSW2020 image.

I wouldn't get excited just yet.

You lot are just desperate to get any little bit of information you can't find are you not? We will learn what it is before it's released... if it is tomorrow or next week, what does it matter?

• Like Like x 5
  9. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I Agree with the above, have seen this before and was pointed to the fact the sky is the old TSW skybox

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

the user tags underneath include "nudity", "family friendly" and "VR" lol looks like a placeholder really.

• Like Like x 5
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Also the genre is single player simulation, and one of the tags is "co-op" and "automobile simulator"

Just a bit of patience won't hurt. We'll learn more the game sooner or later.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Looks like a placeholder, but the site of DB Red and a Dosto (more like Doss-oh for the ultimate boring drive) cab car yet again is already making my eyes glaze over, if that's the best they can come up with for the German route. Well I suppose it could have been an Electrostar, nearly as bad.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Dostos really don’t bother providing…

a) we don’t end up with dozens of the same type in the game

b) we get the appropriate ones for each route

c) all the features of them work correctly

14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think the dosto selection menu might be the longest in game now.

Something really needs to be done about reused stock, because realistically, Dosto’s are going to be on pretty much any modern DE route. Are we just going to end up with a screen full of the same unit that we can’t tell the difference between?

Also to add to your comment, they always seem to be done as an afterthought with absolutely no sensation on offer when driving them.

There are routes in this game that I’ve never driven in a certain direction on passenger services, because they are locked behind Dosto’s.

• Like Like x 4
  15. OldVern

It's called going back in time to when most long distance IC and D trains (plus the lions share of the E trains) were loco hauled UIC stock or Silberlinge (but the latter without the cab car though I believe these were largely on suburban workings). DTG have proved with SoS and to some extent WCL that the game can handle "in and out" loco working at terminals, providing the cues are correctly sequenced, so let's go for it. No more cab cars!

• Like Like x 1
  16. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

It's just a placeholder. No confirmation of a Dosto at all. It's even the old sky before the mod has been implemented. So please see this screenshot as what it is: An old screenshot from an old route :)

It even has SKA's Aachen Hbf as background. So it has no meaning at all regarding TSW3.

17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Do we really need a Train Sim World 3? The integration of everything from Train Sim World to TSW2 was a frustrating and mammoth task. All we need is continually updates and new stock and route releases. Make TSW2 work properly and keep. DTG need to do what they have done to the multiple TS2010-22 releases and called it TSClassic.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope TSW 3 is a completely fresh game code wise so annoying legacy code that causes issues is gone for good.

• Like Like x 3
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

For me that would be the end of TSW.

DTG walked into TSW with all the experience from TSC, along with the intention of not repeating mistakes.

All through the life of TSW we have seen this not to be true, so under no circumstance will I be supporting a venture down yet another iteration of Train Simulator. If my content stays then I’ll stay, I’m too far down the hole at this point.

Personally I don’t think TSW will ever reach TSC status, both in terms of reputation & content, we’ve had TSW for half a decade now and yet every other route & train is basically a copy & paste of the last.

DTG have displayed nothing but inability to get TSW off the ground, and whilst this is abit brutal, it is to TSC, what Bus Simulator is to OMSI.

I have 0 confidence to support DTG in new projects, I’m just not prepared to have to start from scratch with a content collection that is a repeating circle of itself, only releasing 15 types of the same rolling stock, all to different qualities, and persisting code gremlins which don’t appear to be solvable, at least for DTG.

• Like Like x 11
  20. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

if TSW3 is just TSW2 with a few new routes / trains added, then yes it's a waste,

but if it's a new version so to speak, a major overhaul of the core system, sorting out the stuff that has become impossible to fix in tsw2 due to the fragility of it, i.e. every fix breaks 20 other things, then i welcome it.

sometimes you have to take a step back and say.... we can keep patching this version up and hoping for the best, or do a re-write of the whole thing and add in the ability to do things that are not possible in the current version.

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well if it is coming next year that rules out it being a big summer release, although it is getting late for that. Some kind of clarification would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  22. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

It does feel like this is a ploy by DTG to occasionally tease us whilst nothing is happening regarding new (UK) routes.....to keep us busy speculating about a potential TSW3 and to stop moaning about the lack of content...I'm probably completey wrong though. A route editor would decrease the moaning however.

• Like Like x 2
  23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Surely there has to be some new content coming, well we know there are two routes but I can't see that being it for the rest of this year. And when in 2023 will this TSW3 lauch, it could be next summer.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I really hope it picks up again soon, and I’m not talking more electrostars & dostos.

I’m trying not to discount DLC’s such as SoS, DCZ with the 612 etc, but it feels like there’s nothing driving DTG with TSW at the moment.

For me the confidence I have left in TSW is there purely because Just Trains is producing content and I’m excited to see what they get stuck into, also Rivet seems to be improving.

On DTG’s end though, it’s just too much of the same, which would be fine if it meant improvements across the board, however we are only seeing isolated fixes.

• Like Like x 5
  25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I fail to understand the logic here.

Train Sim World 2 was supposed to be that fresh start. TSW2 was supposed to be bigger and better. But even with two engine upgrades, DTG have repeated the same mistakes they said they wouldn't do with TSC. What happenes if they start anew again and the same issues crop up again. Should they just wipe the slate clean again? How many more times should they start again and again?

All TSW has been for the past 5 years is just a learning experience. DTG seem to have not been able to get this game off the ground in a consistent manner. Frankly, I don't think TSW will ever be the "Future Of Train Simulation". We have gotten routes that have been rehashes of similar routes with some adjustments. Routes that are still short in length. Harlem was short because they wanted to get Manhattan right when they got it wrong in so many ways with that terrible skyline making the northern part of the route looking better than the southern part. New routes with bugs found on previous routes. M7A audio issue which is similar to the issue found on the M7. Terrible stuttering, memory crashes and I can go on. Not to mention the amount of time it takes to fix issues. The audio issue on the M7 where the train has no propulsion for example has been like that fot over two years with no fix still.

I don't see the point of starting again when tsw2 was supposed to be that clean state. There is only so many times that you can start over. TSW in my view isn't the future of train simulation nor do I think it will achieve what TSC has and still is achieving to this day. Everything for DTG is just a learning experience and with new content mostly being rehashes of old content, I don't see what a clean slate would achieve. DTG are trying to make something that it can't be because of their poor business decisions in my view.

To quote CK95 (and frankly this sums up my view of the game) "it is to TSC, what bus simulator is to omsi." A game that frankly doesn't know what it wants to be and a game trying to be something that won't be due to the company prioritizing profit over quality and customer satisfaction. A company can only start over so many times, but if that company is just not able to get the ground running after all this time, doesn't innovate and make new things, then you are left with a game that is stagnant and can't achieve what it's telling customers what it wants to achieve. This is what TSW frankly has become under DTG.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if this game had a public editor considering the amazing things modders do for this game that dtg don't or refuse to do

• Like Like x 6
  26. OldVern

As i just posted in another thread, IMHO the mindset at DTG needs to change. Perhaps lazy is too strong a word, but half of me wonders if TSW3 just allows them to sweep under the carpet all the outstanding issues with the various TSW2 DLC including the "flagship" SOS. They've sold the expected quota, no need to address the issues as they've got the money so off to the forgotten pile they go. But, oh look here comes TSW3 with a lovely urban route in the Ruhr using 425's and 143's with Dosto's, a 30 mile US commuter route where it's always winter and yes it's another route in Kent with Electrostars.

Sorry, just a bit cynical this evening.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

You cannot have a "clean state" if you have backwards compatibility with the previous version - which is what they did with TSW, probably to stop you all from moaning about having wasted money in TSW1.

And for your last bit, if comments on here are anything to go by when i was last here, the office would be on fire and everyone at DTG would be on benefits.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Taking this in a slightly different direction, I think it’s more of a “it’ll do” attitude. Looking at the German content, it seems like it goes like this:
    • Looking for a new German route? Find something with DoStos so we can recycle ours. It’ll do.
    • We need a freight loco? Throw in the Br 185. It’ll do.
    • Some freight cars as well? Put in the ones we’ve got. It’ll do.
    More generally speaking:
    • SoS needs more time? But the locos run already. Release it as is, it’ll do.
    • Adam needs more budget to fix old bugs? Have hime throw in some gimmicks like level crossings instead, it’ll do.
    • QA needs more budget and expertise? The people are buying our DLCs anyways. Leave QA as is, it’ll do.
    What it all seems to boil down to:
    • TSW is selling well despite its flaws. Leave the quality as is, it’ll do.

• Like Like x 17
  29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What's frustrating is that you can see some brilliance sneaking through the mediocrity and it really shows the true potential of this game, and almost every one of those is the result of extra work or being a passion project: BR101, BML Timetable and the new freight physics are what immediately comes to mind.

• Like Like x 7
  30. tallboy7648

You see, according to DTG, the upgrade to 4.23 was necessary. Only reason why it wasn't a free upgrade was because dtg apparently lost money during the process. Take that what you will

People have been speculating that tsw3 will be on UE5 or some brand new game altogether. I don't understand why that should be the case. UE5 is still in it's infancy and wouldn't be a logical thing to upgrade to at this time since DTG will have to learn the basics of the engine again. Like they have been doing for the past 5 years. Not to mention they did say that they would do engine upgrades unless absolutely necessary. There would be no point in upgrading to ue4.27 since that really only benefits games with cinematics (games with stories essentially). They haven't even reached the full potential of this engine. So what would a clean state really achieve? Frankly we would just get the same as we got before.

Honestly I just think TSW3 will simply just be a free update for existing users with a few new routes added as their summer bundle

• Like Like x 4
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Train Sim World 3 - This time it’s all Dostos.

Seeing a Dosto appear in a new route is the equivalent of happily listening to a song in the 80s and then the seemingly legally required saxophone solo comes in and totally ruins it. Ubiquitous they were. I hate saxophone solos much more than I hate Dostos though.

Looking forward to the nudity, as confirmed by the tag on the dodgy resellers page. TSW has been sadly lacking in naked drivers up to now and that needs fixing. Could TSW3 be the Emperor’s new clothes of train simming?

DTG announced Spirit of Steam well in advance and nobody died because of that, so there can be no harm in telling us exactly what TSW3 is now even if it isn’t imminent. It’s like a huge boil developing on the community’s back and it needs lancing now. JD needs to do a Dr Pimple Popper and give us that satisfying but slightly disturbing relief we require. What exactly is TSW3?

• Like Like x 10
  32. tallboy7648

I think nudity in a train sim wouldn't be age appropriate. I don't think DTG wants to lose that E for Everyone/Pegi 3 rating ;)

33. tallboy7648

If only they were more consistent in these areas rather than rushing projects out the door just to meet quotas quicker. I get they are a business and all but still....

• Like Like x 1
  34. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Nudity in TSW would allow for an awful lot of double entendres :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Amen, Amen to that.
    TSW3 or whatever comes next will have no significance unless there are some true innovations in core features. TSW2 has not moved forward the way I and I'm sure others expected a couple of years ago. For starters, we're still missing an editor, a reliable save-game feature, acceptable lighting and sound and there are not nearly enough locos and other rolling stock to fill the routes that we have.
    More of the same won't get the blood flowing again like it was when TSW was first announced. It was supposed to be the next great thing in train simulation.
    We're still waiting. I'm still hopeful, because I see flashes of excellence here and there, but I'm getting too long in the tooth for more disappointment and all the complaining I've done in the last couple of years hasn't made me feel any younger.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If you're quoting Hans Christian Anderson, you may well be right. I hope not, though. I won't be standing in the street cheering him on unless I see something really new and worthwhile.
    You might be disappointed with the nudity thing though, unless DTG build a route through Coventry and you, as Peeping Tom, can catch a glimpse of Lady Godiva on her horse through the window of a passing train. :D

• Like Like x 2
  37. dragoner

I was told that they didn't included Steuerwagen because of lacking 'references'. This is what I've been told in a Discord group where I'm in, so it may not be true. Just so you know.
    But honestly, that excuse is pure bs, there are lots of images (interior, exterior, etc.) of SteuerWagen. Or they could have asked TSG for them to do the job for them, as they are German.

• Like Like x 1
  38. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Later Matt (IIRC) said that it was a marketing/publishing problem.

They didn't have enough resources to include it with the BR101, they claimed it would have taken almost as much resources as the BR101 itself, basically giving 2 locos for the price of a single loco DLC, which is... interesting given the fact the MP36 has the BiLevel cab car, and now it's difficult to introduce it later.

DLC of a DLC of a DLC probably won't sell very well, and it can't be a standalone loco DLC until we get an IC loco with a route.

39. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think what we’re seeing here is just maximising profits. They couldn’t have sold the MP36 without the cab car as that wouldn’t work on the route. But the 101 on HRR? Works without a cab car, no problem. 101s even drive without one relatively frequent in real life - an added bonus. It’ll do.

• Like Like x 1
  40. dragoner

Dont forget the Dostos!

• Like Like x 1
  41. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

What's concerning me is there's no UK route on the roadmap for TSW3. Do we think it will be SoS plus the German and US route bundled together?

• Like Like x 3
  42. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

whats also weird is that stuff on steam DB has been pretty dead recently, not a lot of stuff has been moving around, which is suspicious. also, on xbox, TSW2 is leaving gamepass in August. could this be something to do with TSW3?

• Like Like x 1
  43. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

something definitely feels off about this picture imo, it doesnt necessarily seem legit. the site is very dodgy. it has a reused screenshot, i dont think this is evident for TSW3. also. it has a very.....particular genre, which is nothing to do with the game, i am classing this as a fake.

• Like Like x 5
  44. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I remember Matt also saying they did not have reference photos available at the point of the 101 being made to be able to make a cab car.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

This would be a worthwhile Mastery reward.

• Like Like x 3
  46. chieflongshin

except…..

new freight physics immediately got dropped pretty much in horseshoe as casual players don’t understand yo wait for the brakes
    Night lighting got dropped as it was a one off for Dresden

This is the issue, the brilliance is all one route appearances and then it’s lip service, “not currently in”, “we’ll look at it”, “Adam’s team might be able to add it” etc

This game needs a “to sim, or not to sim” button

• Like Like x 4
  47. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Apologies. I meant the GPR selector on german trains.

48. chieflongshin

That’s gone too hasn’t it? I forget what features are left on what routes

• Like Like x 1
  49. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think DCZ has it, so hopefully it's here to stay