Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Movie trailers for 2023 are already coming out... Might be a bit different if DTG are wanting to release a "TSW3" before xmas

2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I also don't like the stepped publicity, this is what happens when people start theorising over stuff that doesn't need it, but people who work in marketing need to justify making a living somehow :)

First indication maybe the Railfan TV schedule for next week...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I haven't read all 15 pages yet so I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but what if TSW3 launches with Spirit of Steam as third route? That would explain why there is no british route in developement.

Maybe its one diesel route (american freight?), one electric passenger one (germany) and then the british steam (SoS).

• Like Like x 4
  4. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

Fresh start TSW3 with Japan as one of the base countries would be a treat.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I've never mentioned, but honestly that's also what I expect. Fact is they just spend all this time getting steam up and running, I think they're gonna want it playable for new players from the beginning. It will be easier to sell more steam content if new players have a way to try it out without need to spend $30 on it.

6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It’s obvious now that the “unnamed” German and US routes are to be part of the “TSW 3” package, I just hope we’ll get a British route to continue the trend. I suspect the pricing structure will stay the same as a rush Hour too, not that I have a problem with that.. Though I would prefer all three routes to be released at the same time.

Now we just sit and wait for the initial announcement. What dates were the previous years Summer updates release? Rush Hour, TSW2 & TSW 2020.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ARuscoe

That would mean a fair few people NOT buying it until something relevant to them comes along.

I only drive UK and only drive "anything within the last 50 years", so something with US, DE and steam would not be on my list to buy

• Like Like x 3
  8. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

soooooo, TSG's BR420 'could' be the train in the German route, would explain why it's gone so quiet lately on the BR420 front?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

Anything "Coooould" be true... we just don't know

10. gazz292

oh plenty of people would buy it just to complete the pokemon go style tasks in it,
    there are even people who apparently own TSW2 and never drive anything, they just get on an AI train as passenger and look out the window at the computer generated scenery going past!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ARuscoe

There are people who own it and never load it up so that doesn't surprise me

12. gazz292

oh bod, i've just thought.... when we get the BR420, are the daft achievements and scenarios going to be named similarly to the lame joke about how english speakers pronounce 'ICE' for the BR403 / 6? i.e. lots or references to ice (aka frozen water) stuff.

so will the BR420's achievements and scenarios all be about this american 4 / 20 date and smoking pot? lol

• Like Like x 4
  13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is their game, they can do what they want, I don't imagine DTG care and neither should anyone else! I quite often have a wander round and use it in passenger mode. I wish TSC had something similar.

• Like Like x 2
  14. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Probably not. BR420 was announced as an addition to Munich. It will not be included in another route until it is sold as a standalone DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, if there's going to be a "Rush Hour " style release, then I personally would not want another modern American diesel freight route as part of it. We have enough of those for the time being. An old route like Clinchfield with some decent " retro " stock, a steam route or a mixed Amtrak/commuter/freight route would be my preference.
    But since the decisions have long been cast in concrete, nothing we say here will have any effect. When it comes, we'll just open the box and, if it's another tie or ugly sweater, we'll express our delight, genuine or fake.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. ARuscoe

Don't be surprised if it's an old steam route... DTG have put out a few of those on TSC

17. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

According to my expectations, the American route presented by the BNSF will be presented. It took so long for DTG to get a license for distribution in Europe.

18. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

"A few" Try one, literally the only US "steam" route DTG (or technically it might be RSC actually) ever made was Horseshoe Curve. I use quotation marks because while it does have steam infrastructure, it only includes classic diesels out of the box. Incidentally I think the only actual US steamer they ever developed was the K4 DLC for that route. The UP stock was stuff they acquired and reworked from IHH, the Cab Forward was a collab with G-Trax, and everything else is a pure third party effort, whether as a route or standalone.

Also I'm pretty certain DTG have said both routes on the roadmap aren't steam routes.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, semantics aside ( " put out " can mean published ), I doubt a US steam route is coming soon, welcome though it would be. And, would it matter whether DTG or a 3rd party actually produced it?
    I'll add that, in my opinion, the K4 for HSC is one of the best steamers in TSC. And, though a US steam route is not on the horizon, there are plenty of current routes that would support a steam expansion pack, including, of course, HSC.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  20. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

In the sense of how the final end product will turn out, honestly can't say unless if any start development on TSW content. In terms of how likely it makes a new US route coming out in the near or medium term that could potentially be very impactful. If DTG weren't willing to tackle UK steam on their own despite having much more experience with it then I'd question how much they'd want to tackle US steam on their own anytime soon. And we know how long it's taken for third parties to get on board with TSW in the past...
    It's better than the IHH Big Boy or Challenger, but that's a very low bar to clear. I would argue the G-Trax stuff and the Cab Forward looks considerably better, and are good drives if you have the improvement mods out there. I've not tried any of the Machine Rail stuff yet, but certainly from a visual stand point they knock out most of the other US steam content out of the park. And DSGDDR has been making completely free steam locomotives for a while now, and those have just as much, if not more functionality than any of the others I mentioned. And that's just US content, there's a ton of UK content that beats it, that New Zealand steamer's also great, and pretty certain there's a few German developers that have been making some real quality stuff as well in the space.
    They'd need to be backdated though to have steam era facilities, and certainly with Sherman Hill I think they'd need to add back in the wye or add in the turntable. As is there's no place you could turn around engines once you get to Laramie in its current state.

21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

TV schedule up and nothing unusual, no annoucements or different streams. Looking forward to the 8 up challenge though.

22. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Probably working out how to reassure us tsw2 will transfer over onto 3 before confirming it drops. You have to think about also how many people will be up in arms “why are you releasing tsw3 when tsw2 is broke”
    “But…. I’ve bought all this dlc”…etc

I can hear it now……

interestingly 34000 views. I hope Jd was bought a pint for lighting the forums

• Like Like x 2
  23. ARuscoe

Yeah, just had a better look and although several of their published routes show steam locos on their pages, they're either made by others (Milepost et al) or are loco DLC (again by others)

24. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with the BR. Blue Era but those Hydrogen trains just look like something different to drive.

25. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I'm incredibly disappointed to be working that day. That sounds like it could be a hoot. I was surprised to see JD in the "less experienced drivers" category, though, as he's been in numerous challenges and has even won at least one.

26. chieflongshin

I looked, nothing to see there this week .

27. ARuscoe

They're converted 319s, and I can't find an internal of the cab so I do wonder if they'd be any different to the 319s

• Like Like x 1
  28. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I know the technology has evolved, but whenever I think of hydrogen can’t help but get visions of the Hindenburg airship!

• Like Like x 1
  29. dhekelian

There are a few video's on youtube about them. Apparently one of the problems was they could not get the acceleration when using just Hydrogen so they put batteries on board and the Hydrogen keeps the batteries charge, I think anyway.

30. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Might give Sam's trains a little extra lift.

• Like Like x 2
  31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about an International route for a base game route Germany to the Netherlands. That is the Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht 156 km. 57 km Dutch Train Utrecht Arnhem Cross border German Trains 99 km Duisburg Oberhausen Emmerich Zevenaar Arnhem. That 1 can merge with Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr to become Hauptstrecke Utrecht-Duisburg/Bochum

32. ARuscoe

I guess the tech is all new, so even though hydrogen has more bang per ml than petrol or diesel they can't get that power to the wheels

• Like Like x 1
  33. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I really dont care about new routes when it comes to TSW3, the only thing i want from TSW3 is that if fixes the whole TSW thing...(performance/lighting/sound).

• Like Like x 4
  34. chieflongshin

I can pretty much guarantee they’ll have been an internal briefing about desktops and chats. Can’t see they’ll be any more leaks like this

• Like Like x 2
  35. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Is that the briefing where Matt absently fidgets with his samurai sword?

Or maybe it's like the Yakuza with the wooden board and knife, emerge minus a finger tip or two (I've watched Black Rain too many times!).

• Like Like x 2
  36. chieflongshin

Matt will need the samurai sword for protection, he's as bad :D

I think Sams the totally watertight one.i don't recall any slips from him

37. dhekelian

I think that is what we all want but it wouldn't be much a fix without a route to drive on would it?

• Like Like x 2
  38. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Just my two cents, but i don't think there will be more leaks as we're shortly before an announcement in august. But as the last 14 pages, this is nothing more than speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

What convinces you all that TSW3 will come out this year?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  40. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The fact that generally the big releases happen on August, and the timing seems roughly correct. But obviously we can't tell until we get official news.

• Like Like x 1
  41. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

It would be a fix buddy, as there would be nothing for DTG to bugger up :D :D

• Like Like x 2
  42. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Because we've had zilch about any yearly update since like March when Matt stated on stream that there will be one but SoS wasnt part of it.

• Like Like x 3
  43. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Desperation...................

• Like Like x 4
  44. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Oh, so it has been confirmed that there will be a yearly refresh? The lack of any marketing (well, assuming these slip-ups aren't the devious brainchildren of the marketing department) had left me to wonder what is going on over there. DTG not releasing a yearly update would be like the sun forgetting to rise the next morning.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  45. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

One can make even a 16-pager out of a freudian slip. Absof..........lutely amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  46. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Quite a few instances of TSW3 being mentioned combined with a lul in releases and imminent large annual summer release. Furthermore, other leaks have been accurate in the past such as the 484, steam locos, rush hour ect.

Here is a summary of things so far for those catching up. There may be some others which I have forgot about

Mentioned in files (Although this was probably a typo as was changed shortly after):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leaked dev chat on stream:
    [​IMG]

Further confirmed by dev:

Another Leak on stream showing the TSW3 desktop icons:

[​IMG]

*Update 29/07/22* Another recent slip up on stream showing some TSW3 chrome links

[​IMG]

All of the above dont include other slips of the tounge or mentions of TSW3 by mistake by devs on stream. At this point its also safe to say the current unknown German & US routes on the current roadmap are going to be for TSW3. Although, we will know nothing official untill its announcment, but still getting ready for a 'told you so' moment like with the 484 :P

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  47. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

if it more then 2 new routes and bug fixes then DTG should hold off release of TSW3 untill they allow to add more features to game like scenario planner 2.0 or unreal4 Volumetric Clouds feature or something.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. dhekelian

I think DTG are not confirming TSW3 as they fear people will stop buying TSW2 or its dlc. If they released a full editor with TSW2 it would sell well but they won't do that. I bet JD is really popular, :D:D:D:D

I'd love to know if sales have been hit by this rumour. I would of thought it is in DTG's best interest to say something now on TSW3 to give their customers a heads up but I think it is safe to assume DTG don't like being open to their customer base.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm sure we'll hear something official very soon. With the release of Island Line 2022, there's literally nothing on the release calendar for TSW2, which obviously isn't the usual situation. I'm not counting "unnamed American and German routes" since they're likely TSW3 launch routes.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Slightly off-topic, but at this point I think they should just ditch the monthly roadmaps. All they have become now is a DTL article dump with no true indication of everything which is being worked on....contradicting the core purpose of having a roadmap in the first place

If TSW3 has been worked on (presumably for some time); why has it been missing from the roadmap? Having items on there such as "German Route" and "US Route" is next to useless because of course there will be a German and US route at some point

• Like Like x 15