Fishing Sim World Full Release?

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Mooman, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Mooman

Mooman New Member

Hi folks, does anyone know when the full release of this game is due? At the moment it feels as though we are playing a ‘lite’ version of a game being sold as a sim.
    Any bait catches any bait fish, any lure catches any lure fish, line strength is irrelevant, rod/reel selection has no impact, retrieval method doesn’t matter, lures pass through obstacles (eg lily pads), no snagging of tackle, reel drag and line tension is random, etc etc.
    Got to level 34 and don’t see much point in continuing to progress as there is no challenge that I can see. There are also plenty of bugs that need fixed, but basic functionality/gameplay is woefully inadequate. Was really looking forward to this game, but currently feeling very let down.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Full release of the game was on 18th September 2018.

3. Mooman

Mooman New Member

Thanks, but my question was rhetorical and was used to convey my utter disappointment in this game

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

I posted somewhere else that it feels like a early access/preview game at the moment & not fit for full retail release.
    Have to admit that i'm feeling less & less motivated to play this with all the issues & bugs at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Welcome to dovetail games there games seem to have a huge amount of bugs they should of learned from euro fishing in my opinion instead of testing there games before they realise them they put it down to there customers to find out for them selfs it’s a shame as there games could be really good without the issues and bugs within the games

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mooman

Mooman New Member

Agree, although my issue it not just bugs and issues. The game lacks fundamental design and build in anyway to justify being marketed as a Sim. They could fix bugs/issues and we would still be left with nothing more than a basic arcade fishing game

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPACE ODDITY

Apologies, hadn't had my coffee and was still half a sleep.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Willeaze

Willeaze New Member

This is the full release? Oh damn I feel like I have been scammed lol
    So is this how this works. Release broken game give generic statements about fixes like "future update" then disappear?
    Some of the issues should have been worked on and fixed by now.

9. Willeaze

Willeaze New Member

If you go into the game files they are labeled as euro fishing

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mooman

Mooman New Member

Really? Shocking! I’m on PS4 so can’t see that sort of stuff. I feel cheated out of £30. Oh well, back to Fishing Planet we go - new waterways, etc hopefully before the end of the year

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPACE ODDITY

When I download Fishing Sim World, my Euro Fishing game disappeared from my games tab on Xbox One (Got it back). I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Like my Xbox One was confusing both FSW and Euro as the same game.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. SPACE ODDITY

I am a little disappointed in the venues on FSW to be honest. You get seven venues total, the two bass lakes & one canal are pretty cool, but you only get four pond venues and three of those are visual upgraded versions from Euro which I have already spent countless hours on. I just hope any future DLC is not going to be upgraded versions of previous ponds/lakes from Euro, that would be disappointing.

No idea why they chose to bring Bergsee back over other great venues like Presa and St Johns.