Euro Fishing Best Tacklebox Loadouts

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Michael Cope, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Hello fellow anglers,

I was hoping to get some insight as to some of your preferred tacklebox loadouts for each location in the game in the interest of assisting those who are less knowledgeable (including myself) about such things.

There is a lot to choose from as you move through the ranks, going from small to larger fish is quite simple, thicker line, larger hook, bigger bait, but the problem lies when you tactically target specific size/type of fish in specific locations for tournament or personal reasons.

Personally I like to cast 2 heavy baited lines in the silt or gravel to catch random, medium to large fish in the deep water and I use my 3rd line to stalk the weeds and any lively spots on the bank near my pin. I pick baits at random each time I load in and typically go for the larger of the hooks I currently own. My 3rd line is typically a smaller hook or float and I switch between my baits.

Please offer up your loadouts for myself and others so we are able to target specific fish and use the correct lines, rods, reels and baits to actually place in a tournament and catch those evasive boss fish.

Many thanks in advance.
    Michael

• Like Like x 1
  2. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Hi mate, so far I have found that, just as in real life, the carp love the weed! I'll use a Chod Rig with an Activ-8 popup at the moment, and it's started to yield results already!

I was advised to get line upgraded ASAP, and I've now found that I will choose a rig from each (silt, gravel, weed, and at least one popup. Depending on target species and lake I will change baits etc (like double corn for the tench/bream/etc.......

I have not tried tournaments yet, as I'm not very competitive but will have a look at some point.......

Good luck, tight lines!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

Well said. The game is just getting started once you get the big hooks, big bait, and thick line, especially if you participate in the live tournaments. If you don't know what bait catches what fish, and how big, then you are at a severe disadvantage. There is a purpose for just about everything. I'm still learning, and having a lot of fun in the process,

Ill PM you a little of what Ive learned that you may, or may not already know.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Thanks Soda, will check out your pm, QPD thank u also, it's all great information.

5. niitro89

niitro89 New Member

i find 15lb braid to be perfect and have caught the big cheater cat at 100lb plus many more boss fish on it... i find anything heavier than 15lb i loose alot of fish when there running whilst reeling in the current one i have

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

I use 15lb line, seem to lose fish all the time for no good reason. Tension goes fully red and no matter what I do it just breaks.

7. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

My St john Lake loadout

Korda 15 SUBbraid
    Korda KD Rig 4 (silt)
    Korda Chod Rig 6 (weed)
    Blowback Rig 4 (gravel)
    Blowback Rig size 6 (gravel)
    Korda Dumbell 12mm
    Korda Dumbell 18mm
    Activ-8 Pop Up 15mm
    Activ-8 Bollie 15mm

8. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

Hi Michael, I also had trouble with the tension. Now when I cast the line I put the drag at around 10 and adjust once a fish is hooked. I never tend to set the drage over 20 as I'm reeling, even on small roach, because they tend to come into the peg and do a runner and snapping the line. I may be erring on the cautious side but it works for me :)

Tight lines and good luck