PlayStation Wsr & Class 47 Query

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HappyJose, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Morning all

I have 2 queries regarding the WSR I'd be grateful for your expertise with:

1. When driving on the WSR would the DSD and AWS be activated? I know this is a preserved railway with semaphore signalling but do the same safety systems apply in the cab in this route? There looks to be AWS magnets at certain points on the line and an internal camera option
    for the AWS dial. If so how do you turn on AWS? (I've found the DSD switch)

2. Class 47 braking - In the tutorial you are advised to apply the drivers brake to initial application to stop. When I started the first scenario today driving light engine to Bishops Lydeard I found for the first 15 minutes or so I was using drivers brake when pressing L1/L2 and then at somepoint this seemed to change and when I pressed those buttons on my keypad it was applying the straight brake? I take it the drivers brake is the brake generally to use when driving the 47?

Is the PS4 controller supposed to apply drivers brake when using your L1/L2 buttons?

Thanks for any advice on this and also thanks for replies to my previous queries regarding PZB :)

Cheers

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hi

AWS is behind you (orange box with lever) no DSD though.

On braking I always use drivers brake. Pressing square alternates which brake is available with L1 and L2

• Like Like x 1
  3. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Ahh thank you! I must have hit square at some point on the journey. Very handy to know it alternates between braking.

4. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hello

There is a DSD in the Class 47, it's this little switch in the corner, easy to miss...

[​IMG]

It's acknowledged with the same button as the AWS.
    Should also be noted the bigger box to the left for the AWS has levers on both sides to switch it on. The DSD is just the one switch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

On the braking - I tend to use the drivers brake when coming to a stop at a station. I use the straight brake when going on a downhill gradient to keep to the speed limit, you'd have to experiment to find the correct % to keep the speed steady.
    I think the drivers brake is also called automatic brake on some locos?

6. TinTin_57

I know about the DSD lever but does it work in this route? (If so I wasn’t aware)

7. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Thanks Luke
    I can only seem to switch the lever on the right hand side, the AWS cab changeover lever? Don't seem to get anything flashing up with the lever on the other side to say I can do anything with it.

8. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Ignore me I've just restarted the scenario and it now flashes up on the other lever then I can switch it on.

Have to say so far I'm really liking this, it's a lovely line to have available to drive on.

9. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Also getting in and out of the drivers seat changes which brake you use.

10. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Strangely, it doesn't seem to happen every time on WSR. It does of course happen in the base game as well.

11. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

A further 47 related query from me :)

If I uncouple from a rake of carriages then run to the shunt point, at this point how do I effectively switch to the rear loco cab and drive it from there so I'm facing the carriages I'm then going to couple up to?

Hope that makes sense ( I know how to physically get out of the cab and walk to the other end and get in again) but what I'm finding is I can't use the throttle or reverser in the other cab? Is there a process you should follow for when changing cabs?

Cheers

12. TinTin_57

I think switch to the other cab and turn on the master switch. Assuming you are meant to change cab and not just reverse from the cab you are already in

13. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

I'm pretty sure you have to stay in the cab and reverse as the 47 only has one usable cab - hence the turntable?

14. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Both cabs of the class 47 are usable. In real life, the WSR has steam locomotives which use the turntable.

15. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

To fully shut down the cab you're leaving, you should set the driver's brake to 'Neutral/Shutdown', reverser to 'Off' and master key 'Off'. Then switch off the DSD and AWS then all the lights.
    Reverse the procedure for the cab you're switching to.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ive been trying to figure this out since I got the dlc. Thought it might have been a bug. Thanks. Also direct brake is for light engine use as it only operates the engine brakes. Drivers brake is for use when coupled up to rolling stock as it uses the brakes for the length if the train, hence the delay in applying and releasing.

17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Whilst on the 47. Whilst waiting at a station I turned the engine off. Just to figure out how to restart. Did it once seemed fine. Was held at a red further down the line. Turned engine off again just to familiarise myself with the workings. This time the engine didnt switch off audio wise, although resetting everything and turning on the engine made the idling sound go away whilst it restarted? Next issue was no matter what I did I couldnt get the amps going. Did however notice a blue fault light on the dash. Is this a simulated issue caused by my actions Or did I break the game on that service?