Tsw2 Leaving Xbox Gamepass

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WVUadam, Jul 21, 2022.

1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It appears TSW2 is leaving game pass as it now displays how many days are left with a discount.

*Currently has a timer with discount Ending. Usually when that happens it would leave.

**Well now it's showing on the leaving soon section so was correct it was leaving.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

That would take it the the 16th August, which ironically is a tuesday

• Like Like x 7
  3. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. Does anyone recall, when TSW2 came out, did TSW 2020 get removed before, on, or after that date?

• Like Like x 1
  4. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

TSW was not removed from Gamepass until well after TSW2 came out I believe.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Better start buying all the DLC’s. Just don’t tell the misses!

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I suspect this has something to do with tsw3. TSW3 wil probably be announced next month during the august roadmap I hope we don't have to pay for tsw3 and if so, that it isn't alot if money. The update from tsw2020 to tsw2 wasn't that big anyways

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

If tsw3 or whatever the name they choose were to come, it would just be a yearly bundle of 3 routes for a route price or be like rush hour with staggered releases with the price of 39.99$. This is how dtg have done it for over a decade now. The core update would be free to everyone as usual.

• Like Like x 3
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

TSW2 was a fully paid for release, not just a route bundle with a free core update.

TSW will “probably” be announced next month? Based on what information? A slip by JD in a stream which may just have been a typo? Even if true, it had no timeframe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

It was not a typo. If it was they would've shot it down then. Stop acting like tsw3 ain't happening

10. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

TSW3 should be free or cheap, i don't think anybody wants to buy ANOTHER game.

• Like Like x 2
  11. junior hornet

But there was no mention of any timeframe so to say it is “probably” going to be announced next month is a bit premature. I think what you really mean is that there is a very slight possibility that it may or may not be announced next month, if it exists at all, which is all speculation, whatever you believe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. junior hornet

I think beer and wine should be free or cheap. I don’t want to buy ANOTHER bottle. Sadly, brewers, like game developers, need to be paid, so they can also buy their beer.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tallboy7648

They do get paid when we buy their dlcs. DTG aren't short of cash

14. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Not a typo since yesterdays stream the desktop popped and clearly there were 2 icons that said TSW3 Editor and TSW3 game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Tsw2 was paid because it brought the game forward, added new features that would allow all the stuff that has been created to be released. There was a huge engine upgrade. We also got all the preserved collection, so we really only paid for the 3 routes that came with tsw2.

We don't even know if it is even called tsw3. There is no official announcement that has been made. If it was coming this summer, they should have already announced it, but they haven't. Intentional leaks don't mean anything unless they said anything. The engine wouldn't change cuz 4.27 brings no benefit to the game at all cuz it's all for cinematics and stuff which the game doesn't benefit from. So it would stay in 4.26. It won't be ue5 cuz too early to implement. Which leaves the possibility that it's just a yearly summer release like we've had before. The core being free. Like when rush hour released, we got the core update, we are getting the rush hour updates to each route. It might be a lighting update that allows sparks to appear. Or it could be an update to rush hour passengers, idk. But there is nothing enough for it to be a whole new game. Like it's not ue5 or like something amazing that would justify a new game.

• Like Like x 3
  16. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

Although I can't check whether or not it still does (I no longer have Gamepass), Microsoft Flight Sim used to have the same xx days to go countdown which simply reset to a new 28 day cycle when it expired, so I'd be inclined not to read too much into this. Also, Tuesday is significant for another reason because it's the day that 'deals with gold' and other flash sales generally reset, so again TSW might just be part of this cycle. I think the only time those who play the game thru Gamepass should genuinely be concerned is when it enters the 'leaving soon' bit...

17. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

Slightly disagree with you here because when TSW2 replaced TSW2020 Matt (who at the time was the voice of the community) distinctly said that the update was simply to keep things in line with UE, with the only real enhancements (for consoles) being the inclusion of 4K visuals and some very minor core improvements. So much so that If you run the game on an X1X in 1080p with no HUD you'll be very hard pressed to notice any difference with the 2020 equivalent.

There's also plenty of things TSW3 could bring to the table to make it look and feel like a brand new game. TSW2 has dabbled with dynamic weather so making it a default option is there to be exploited. Sam has frequently touched on the idea of enhancing the gameplay experience to incorporate a wider range of driving skills....again, something that changes the whole dynamic as to how you play. If you add in the (to be expected) lighting and performance improvements alongside a revamped UI and a greater degree of user-friendliness then I see no reason whatsoever as to why TSW3 can't offer a fresh approach to driving trains as opposed to a FIFA-esque style of annual updating that really doesn't take the game anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  18. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

TSW 2 came out Nov 2020 and TSW 2020 didn't leave gamepass till March 21 to be replaced by TSW2

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. WVUadam

Am thinking now it's might not be leaving from what you have said I've updated my post to reflect this

20. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

If something like "TSW3" comming, you dont to pay for a new game, you literally pay for the 3(?) included new routes as bundle.
    The new game version is just a patch on top if you already have TSW2, Rushour .. whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  21. box215

box215 Active Member

Well there's a section "Leaving Soon" when you look at Game Pass games
    TSW2 isnt one of the games leaving soon
    so there's your answer

in addition, TSW was available on Game Pass and only left to make way for TSW2
    I would assume it would be the same for any transition from TSW2 to TSW3

I think this is all getting ahead of yourselves because TSW3 hasnt been officially announced

22. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's leaving on (or near) the 15th this month. Leaving soon according to the Xbox Game Pass app.

• Like Like x 3
  23. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Confirmed as the 15th tsw 2 leaves gamepass

24. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

yes just seen in the leaving soon on game pass section TSW 2 alongside 3 others are leaving. Hopefully means they will put TSW2 content on proper sale now TSW 2020 left to make room for TSW 2, not sure TSW3 is going to release this soon though to replace it, perhaps they want a few months without TSW2 being on GP so they can have some good sales on TSW2 content perhaps?

25. Willowrpe

it was last Aug when TSW2 was released on Game pass so it may have simply been a years deal, which may have not been extended due to maybe not enough people playing it perhaps so its poss it may not be linked to TSW3 at least not yet

26. WVUadam

I was correct

27. WVUadam

It's now displaying in leaving soon section of gamepass

28. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Sad sad day

29. WVUadam

May get replaced in the future

30. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

No more 10% discounts after release.

31. WVUadam

Another Iteration may get added at a later date.

• Like Like x 1
  32. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

Maybe this opens the option to have finally some " real " discounts on selected DLCs like they have on steam, instead of just 10%.
    Sure 10% is better than nothing but some routes are so underwhelming that they are only good for providing layers and assets.

• Like Like x 2
  33. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

I'm going to hope this opens up proper Xbox sales like you see on the PS Store. 10% on Gamepass is ok, but not for original TSW DLC. If a full on sale happens shortly after TSW 2 leaves Gamepass I'll gladly open up my wallet

• Like Like x 1
  34. Craigyboy81

Craigyboy81 Member

Same here

35. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Was it really Game Pass material? What I have with Game Pass is that I don't give games much time to lure me in. A game like TSW2 with such a steep learning curve would never have peaked my interest if first encountered on Game Pass. I would have given up after the tutorial because I wouldn't had gotten my first locomotive to start and no indication what to do. Probably the doors were still open but how would I know as a rookie. That's what happened when I first played TSW2 on PS4.

Do people really discover lots of games trough Game Pass? Sure I found some games that I wouldn't have bought and I keep playing with Game Pass but these are mostly triple A titles.

36. WVUadam

Yes this style of game would suit it very well to reach players as it has a low player base.

37. Buggleskelly

Buggleskelly New Member

I purchased TSW2 from store before it arrived on Game Pass. Will I still have access to this game when it leaves?

38. Craigyboy81

Craigyboy81 Member

Yes, if you bought it, you keep it

39. WVUadam

Yes your keep it in your games library

40. nockwurst

Game Pass is how i found the original game. I had seen it, knew little about it, but wasn’t sure if it was any good, and didn’t know anyone who played it. Game Pass meant I could try it for free, and boom, I was hooked. So hooked.

41. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

It really depends on the player and the game. I've tried games on game pass that I thought I'd like, uninstalled them after 10 minutes of playing, but on the other hand I've installed games for the sake of it and really enjoyed them. I can see that if I wasn't interested in trains already, TSW may have been one of those games to turn off after 10 minutes due to the lack of proper tutorials and no popup guides once you're in a service and trying to figure out why a train won't budge an inch

42. Buggleskelly

Buggleskelly New Member

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure.

• Like Like x 1
  43. nockwurst

TSW, Snowrunner, The Long Dark
    3 games I fell in love with mostly thanks to Game Pass.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Willowrpe

with TSW2 leaving GP all of a sudden and new TSW to be announced on Tuesday I wonder if this is saying something ?