Tsw Announcement On August 9th

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Aug 5, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Let's go!
    I can't wait to hear about the future of my favourite game :love:

• Like Like x 3
  3. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

what ever they do, you can be sure this forum will be full of people picking it to bits,
    with posts like 'the toilet full light does not work, this totally ruins this game for me, i can't play it ever again because of this'

• Like Like x 19
  4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope it’s a MBta commuter rail route like north station to Haverhill or south station to Worcester.

5. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Ok, my guess:
    -Train sim world 3
    -Three new routes, one British, one American and one German; each with one new train
    -dynamic weather
    -improved graphics etc.
    -working toilets ;D
    -thunderstorm and lightnings
    -Maybe Ebula?

Lets hope for all of them- especially the toilet one!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well eagerly awaiting the day...

As previously mentioned my top priorities are:
    Fix the save game and give each route its own slot.
    Fix the lighting or add more options so we can tune in game brightness and gamma without having to alter our GPU and monitor settings which work fine for everything else.
    Fix the sound so there are more channels opening the door to reverb in tunnels, rattling over steel bridges and level crossing plates etc.

Three diverse routes that are NOT: South East England with third rail Electrostar, plains Germany with red electrokarts and Dopplestock with 50% of time driving from the cab car, a 30 mile section of NE USA commuter route.

Scenario planner 2.0 with the ability to create own consists and use all the spawning points, portals and/or turnround locations that the dev tool has and the ability to define our own path through the route (including the possibility of variables).

• Like Like x 8
  7. Swisstrains

I actuallt can’t understand the hate against the German Dostos; I mean they are well made, drive almost everywhere and look awesome! Yeah sure, they are on almost every other route we have (actually on every German route I think), but personally I have nothing against routes where they also get added- for the variety with the locos at each end

• Like Like x 9
  8. chessiet#4231

chessiet#4231 Active Member

Hey OldVern, you forgot to add the Mk1 Restaurant carriage for SoS to your list ‼️
    Oh look, I did it for you
    ChessieT

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

I assume that they will get rid of the numbering system, a la TS Classic. “TSW3” doesn’t really make sense from a marketing perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's not hate, just fatigue. Time for something new (even if older or newer-gen Dostos.)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Swisstrains

would love to see the older Dostos!

• Like Like x 4
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Good point. A rebrand into simply “Train Sim World” with a new logo and corporate interface would make sense.

I don’t see them completely rebooting the franchise as they just figured out Steam locos after working on them for years, among other things. Would not make sense to throw that away at all. Matt also reiterated multiple times that DTG is not currently working on porting TSW to new Unreal versions. Perhaps they will update/change other parts of the core game/engine, or it will just be a simple rebrand without a new game release, maybe a few routes a la Rush Hour. The presence of multiple unreleased DLCs on the roadmap does support this theory. They would never have put this content on the TSW2 roadmap if they weren’t planning on releasing it for this iteration of the game.

Excited to learn more!

• Like Like x 2
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They’re fine for short journeys but doing the 90 minute all station run from Dresden to Chemnitz becomes tedious with no traction sound. Especially when you then get the dreaded signalling redout loading a saved game.

Back to TSW3, can’t help but wonder if one of the routes will be steam era, or steam/diesel transition period.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

Could be little more than a rebranding with a new UI (one hopes!). Most TSC annual versions differed little if at all from their predecessors

15. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

At last, and no 2 on the gaffer’s list after Crewe with steam trains, Woodhead 1954

• Like Like x 1
  16. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

One issue related to "mid" Dostos - except the cab car - on timetables, and Scenarios, lost their internal lights and the "Destination / final station" of the run. For both... our train and the AI ones.
    Sadly both are completely off, since some update..

Hopes this will fixed too!

17. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Some of the stuff is very valid criticism though. If we keep turning a blind eye to all the stuff DTG is doing wrong the game will never mature

• Like Like x 4
  18. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

TSW3. Another underground route set in London, A US freight route set in a time period where all the locos can be reused and a German route that uses the locos we already have but the DOSTOS are too low/high but DTG won't fix because it takes too much time to get it right. These are my speculations.

• Like Like x 2
  19. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

My prediction
    TSW3
    Creators club will not longer be a beta
    New German Route maybe Koln Koblenz as Koln is already done to build the route off from.
    New American route, I would suspect passenger, would love to see North Jersey coast, but probably Too long
    No new UK route, but steam Gala for west Somerset.
    New / Revised GUI
    Bug fixes

Lets wait and see

20. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Ooooh. This looks interesting! I eagerly await the 9th!

21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That would be terrific, but may be a bridge too far.

Plus let's have dynamic weather, improved lighting and real headlights on the US route. Also, we need realistic sound in tunnels and over bridges and crossovers.

A reliable save -game function, one for each route, might be too much to hope for.

And please let's have a break from Southern England and those pushbutton electrics and I could do without yet another German red-box go-kart. And I don't need anything more on the NEC. All three routes should feature real locomotives. ( if any of you youngsters remembers what that is. ;) )

Oh, and one more thing. We need a complete revamp of the player UI and an interactive map just like the one in TSC.

If any of this happens I'll eat my hat. If all of it happens I'll eat my Raildriver.

• Like Like x 6
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One of the routes is likely to be Spirit of Steam. That’ll be why there has only been a US and German route on the roadmap as they are the other two routes. SoS may have some improvements to it or another train but that really relies on what exactly is happening with TSW3 overall I reckon.

• Like Like x 2
  23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I've done my speculating. To be honest all I really want is a PS5 dlc limit fix that's it.

Regardless of what I want there will be people that will not be happy but hey ho... carry on regardless.

Will wait and see on Tuesday.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  24. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I have no speculation as to potential routes, other than maybe it being why the US and German routes on the "roadmap" haven't had any further details specified.

I do think the next iteration of the game will include a new UI, partly because the current one is bad and received a lot of backlash, but more because I think the stuff Sam's been working on to improve player experience will start to be incorporated - which will require a complete overhaul and not just design work. In fact, this may be a big part of the whole "future of TSW" thing.

While I'm not holding my breath, I'm hoping that this isn't locked away behind a paywall new game type deal. I understand the TSW1->TSW2 new game upgrade since TSW1 was essentially a 6 year old game engine and it was time to move forward to advance the sim, but it's only been 2 years since TSW2 and I really don't want DTG to get in the habit of not being able to stabilize their game, give up and "start over" with a new title and lock the fixes and new [core] features behind a paywall.

• Like Like x 2
  25. mrmaster#3790

mrmaster#3790 New Member

An Austrian route would be very interesting, maybe the Westbahn from Vienna to Linz with high-speed and low-speed tracks, including the railjet. Or a part of the S-Bahn Vienna with the Desiro ML and the Austrian Dostos. Then the legendary 4020 could be added as a DLC later on...
    But I highly doubt that would happen and DTG will stick to their UK/US/Germany routes...

26. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't think the problem is the DoStos themselves, but the lack of variety, and that they are used as a stopgap to not make any new stock, or at the very least the correct (low vs high door) version, for example in RSN we could have got the n-wagen.

Another problem is that unlike the locos they didn't get revamped with DRA, so at this point they feel... old for lack of a better word.

They are not themselves the problem, but could we please have something different for a change? I'd actually rather have a new locomotive, but I definitely wouldn't be disappointed in a DLC which includes a different type of coach, or at least an improved/different DoSto version.

Definitely, brand new (non steam) US and german route and possibly something related to SoS for british (loco DLC or expansion pack) is the most likely outcome IMO

27. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention: No more cuddly children's toys. They demean the game.

Actually, how about getting rid of collectables altogether, and achievements, and mastery.

Yes, I know I'm a mean old spoilsport. So, bite me. :D

• Like Like x 10
  28. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Modern ECML or WCML with the class 91.
    Or even better GNER with class 373s.

• Like Like x 5
  29. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

My only wish is that if the announcement is a TSW3 (i.e. a completely new game as TSW2 was), then they won’t immediately drop support for TSW2, in respect of game breaking issues such as red lights and crashes on Rush Hour routes - also missing collectables stopping achievements being achieved.

It would be nice to get more than one save slot and that loaded save games don’t foul up the service. It would also be an advantage if a SPAD did not immediately end the game. This doesn’t happen in TSC and shouldn’t in TSW. Maybe a points penalty would be more relevant and wouldn’t cause frustration if an accidental slip or, worse, an AI SPAD occurs at the end of a long run.

• Like Like x 2
  30. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I can’t really get excited for this, because I think half of this announcement of TSW 3 is purely for marketing purposes, to attract new players in. They’ve been doing this for years with Train Sim Classic, by giving it a new name/number each year.

What I’d really like to see is improvements to the core of TSW. Some long standing improvements required include:

- Better sounds
    - Better lighting & visuals
    - Fixing the broken 24 hour time of day system
    - Better memory & CPU usage
    - A more intelligent dispatcher which doesn’t have a brain fart at the first hurdle
    - A significantly improved scenario editor

Etc

I’d rather all of this above than a pig wearing lipstick aka an annual refresh.

• Like Like x 17
  31. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I agree that the Dosto’s make for a good filler, I just hate having to drive them. They don’t make for a very enjoyable experience because of the way running sounds are implemented in TSW (or more lack of implementing), the only thing you really hear when driving them is the drone of metal skating, it’s missing some flare.

Combine the above with the added fact that most German routes force you to drive only Dosto’s in one direction, and it really amplifies the issue with them.

It isn’t just Dosto’s for me, it’s any cab car in TSW.

Sounds in TSW aren’t one of its strengths, combined with rolling stock that doesn’t have the sounds of motors or engines, it really highlights that.

• Like Like x 3
  32. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

FIX

THE

LIGHTING (and time of day and weather and the performance)

That would actually be something...lets wait and see

• Like Like x 5
  33. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

New map
    New ui
    Creators out of beta
    Scenario 2

I have a feeling this will be the sell over the routes themselves, to sell a product you sell to a need or demand, 4 of which are above.

34. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I fear TSW3 will bring little in actual improvements, e few new toys that really dont matter (new UI) and lots of "in the future will will/want to update/work on...".

• Like Like x 3
  35. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Removing these things is pointless really. They're just little optional extras for those that want to do a bit extra within the game and easy to ignore for those that don't want to do them, completely harmless :)

Besides Matt loves the collectibles aspect of the game so there's definitely no chance of them being removed anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I just hope it's going to be an update and not a completely new product where they reset everything again.

For TSW3, I think it's going to be 3 new route, 1 or maybe 2 new trains if we're lucky and a bunch of fixes. The UI will probably get a refresh as well, but questionable.
    From the long-standing issues, one or two will be fixed, but that's it. I guess it is going to be the console DLC limit fix and signaling issues.

• Like Like x 1
  37. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

But please notice UK steam route was been released recently!.
    The new UK route might be one with modern trains of private companies..
    Please also notice DGT already have some logos of that companies allowed to be used on Livery Designer.
    So surely they have license for them.

• Like Like x 1
  38. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I wonder whether TSW3 is the beginning if modular routes and extensions and better tile loading

• Like Like x 6
  39. I don't care what the routes or new features are. If dtg sort the performance out and iron out some other creases I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope there are significant, useful changes to TSW 3 that will enable routes to be extended easily and for just one type of each locomotive/train being in the game and not duplicated or even triplicated versions. I hope it brings graphical, sound and performance improvements. I’m not too concerned what routes/trains we get as long as they look good, sound good, work reliably and are not limited in scale due to time constraints only DTG enforce on themselves. If these essential changes aren’t implemented- what is the point? There has to be a noticeable step up in quality.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Something to get excited about in the announcement would be something major, e.g. route editor and/or multiplayer. If that does not happen and it's yet another repetition of the annual limited release made for players from three countries and no social aspect, I guess it will be the final confirmation that the case for getting a diverse and long-term sim in TSW series is hopeless. At least those of us with higher standards and expectations will have clarity on that, and the most we will be left with is the hope for third-party devs appearing out of nowhere to create routes from the rest of the world. Not feeling optimistic.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  42. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - crossing the line into personal abuse]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The collectibles don’t really do it for me from any angle. I hate the idea that for stations to look real, newspapers/lights/maps/posters etc, that I have to run around adding them.

Then on the other hand I also don’t like seeing childrens toys all over the stations either.

If collectibles need to be a thing, they need to be a true choice, make them hidden in discreet areas, and have them be items that would not be usual station stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  44. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nur nöd z lut sege, am schluss macheds e 100% WC replica mit spüelfunktion, defür werded di vil z ufwändige motorgrüsch dur rasemäher sounds ersezt.
    Z.b. Bi de railpool 185 funktioniered di ussere bremsazeige nöd, aber hauptsach de pringles chips nochrenne.., ;)

• Like Like x 2
  45. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That's nowhere near important enough for a full-blown pre-announced announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Swisstrains

Hahaha, true! But toilets would be nice anyway ;D

Translation:
    Don’t say it too loud, otherwise they will rebuild the toilets 100% correct and neglect other things that are more important and implement sound of a lawn mower for the motor. E.g. at the Br185 where the outside brake indicators don’t work, but at least you can run after pringles

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

News 99% of this forum will find the least bit suprising....it's obviously the TSW3 reveal. Based on the fact I doubt an Unreal Engine upgrade is in the works (Unless a minor update to 4.27); it will most probably be a TSW2 upgrade rather than a new product like TSW2 was from TSW2020.

I think the most obvious inclusions will be the things we already know of being in the works via the roadmaps such as Scenario Planner 2.0, DLC manager to help with the Playstation issues & various fixes

The big unknowns will be the included routes, I will go out on a pretty sturdy limb and say 3 will be bundled ("German Route" + "US Route" + ???). Hopefully all the dramas we went through with the TSW2 launch will not be repeated :)

• Like Like x 1
  48. solicitr

Logical disjunct.

49. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I'm going to go down the route of speculating and hoping the hashtag #masterthemachine hopefully being something related to further improvements to the spirit of steam loco manual firing mode. This linked with including SoS into the TSW3 bundle.

• Like Like x 2
  50. solicitr

Das ist kein Standarddeutsch, oder?