Tsw Announcement On August 9th

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Exactly what one can say about this "response".

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's always a rather disagreeable declaration which takes the form "People of taste and intelligence like what I like, unlike you cretins."
    There is nothing at all indicative of "higher standards and expectations" particularly associated with mobplay or homemade routes, nor does either have anything much to do with "a diverse and long-term sim."
    Code:
    Socrates is a man
    All men are mortal
    Therefore Socrates is bald
    is not a syllogism

• Like Like x 1
  3. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

One will only decide that someone noting objective gaps between technical expectations/levels of content in a videogame project necessarily means them looking down on others if the former is predisposed to assuming so for creating an agenda about that person in their mind, lacks ability to discern between different uses of terms, or uses "standards" in that way themselves. There goes your own "syllogism" from the post I replied to in kind above. Maybe now that you've been given a lecture you will grasp the relevance.

The fact that addition of social modes and more routes respectively increases social longevity and content diversity of a videogame project should not even need pointing out. Unless - again - one is subjectively predisposed against such content and options, a condition amply demonstrated by the use of condescending terms like "mobplay" - utter irony considering how that dishonest reply was trying to paint the comment it was responding to.

Nothing short of pathetic - a supposedly grown person trying to chase imagined "gotcha" moments like a 12-year-old.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

nope, Swiss-german

5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Based off of Sam's comments 8th gen isn't going anywhere for a few years yet.

Looking forward to see what they are going to do, but there is no way they are going to please everyone.

I think for sure that the DLC manager must be coming and perhaps have way better performance on all platforms.

What ever it will be I'm looking forward to more information.

• Like Like x 3
  6. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

An announcement is going to happen

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its swiss german. My point was dtg needs to get also their priorities right in tsw3.
    Sometimes i had the impression that they spend time on small things like advertising billboars, but a train lenght counter of the sd70 for some reason doesnt have a priority.

Well overall looking forward to tsw3. Im more worried that all the mods are not working anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Its pretty much a given most if not all mods will require updates by their authors whenever we get any major updates to the game. Par for the course...

• Like Like x 1
  9. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Each to his own I say.

Personally, I'm not fussed with whether collectibles are there or not. I just wish the placement of them was better, running a mile or two up a straight line to touch a fence isn't exactly fun. They should be placed in stations, depots, only places where it makes sense for the player to be on foot.

• Like Like x 7
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with this one. I quite like the collectibles but turning a light on under a bridge 2 miles from a station is bad design.

• Like Like x 6
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have never gone after the collectibles. Triggered the odd one walking past or during the route intro scenario but that’s the limit of my interest. They add nothing to the simulation and many are phoney or gimmicky. You don’t have golf games where you get extra points for pulling weeds out of the 14th, or packing down a gopher hole (Caddyshack!) on the 18th green.

• Like Like x 11
  12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

If this is going to be an different additional game as TSW2 was to Train Sim World, then I think it should be called TSW3. If it is an improvement, why change to TSW3 leave it as TSW2 or call it TSW2023 or TSW Classic or something similar.

Looking forward to an interesting Roadmap on the 9th

13. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

tsw3 is ue4.27

14. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well dtg have already said they won't upgrade to 4.27 cuz it doesn't do anything to the game. Like there's no reason to upgrade if it doesn't change an important thing of the game. 4.27 only brings cinematics and camera features sort of thing which tsw doesn't need, so no need to upgrade

• Like Like x 4
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yup. I don't have the patience to walk miles of track looking for near-invisible logs.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Put whatever you want into TSW3, but please r-e-a-d m-y l-i-p-s: N_O M_O_R_E D_O_S_T_O_S !

• Like Like x 9
  17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That would be the dream. Maybe they should do other german routes like the Berlin S-Bahn which doesn't have dostos on it's s-bahn lines

• Like Like x 2
  18. OldVern

Yes the one in TSC is really enjoyable - imagine how it would be with Timetable Mode (along with a reliable save game of course). Well that or the 189 on Konstanz to Villingen or Villengen to Hausach!

• Like Like x 4
  19. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

The S-bahn Berlin is pretty unique tho, thankfully there's a fair bit of stuff for it on TSC, someone is about half way through modeling the Berlin Ring Lines (S 42 / 42)... taking their time as they are capturing all the stations as real to life as possible.

TrainTeamBerlin spent years and years working on his BR481 to run on the S25 heart of the city line,

I've no problem with driving trailers (Steuerwagen's) tho i wish they had some of the older models, and maybe added some other sounds so it's not driving in near silence,
    for TSC i had a sound pack for one of the steuerwagens that included some clicks, clanks, a jangeling set of keys etc, all real sounds recorded from the unit on a ride.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

My take on what I think it is could be more updated features such as real-live time weather, with realistic lightning, thunder, hail, snow storm and etc. Another thing i really hope to see is more realistic lighting in the station, especially in the nighttime runs, and more playable modes such as being a guard man. Another thing I want to see fixed is the SAVE Game Button, this has been not fixed for way too long, and it's about time that they should focus on this, especially if they want to plan to add a route that has a longer route.

I believe that the reveal will also be based on something similar to the rush hour pack where there is the route from the US, UK, and German, hopefully, these will be all new routes that we never saw coming in the game and also the choice that the team makes would be a really good one. One biggest feature and request that they need to fix is getting a more realistic train track sound such as going through curves, junctions, and track, which they did start doing on the new route but this should have been there from the start and slowly implemented throughout all the Preserved Route, and the Rush Hour Route. It kills the realisim of driving a train without these sound.

We might also get a sneak peek of TSW 3 as a trailer or earlier footage

• Like Like x 2
  21. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Actually, we do know what is going to be. Look at the emoji.
    The future of Train Sim World is coming. Each of these emoji represents the train route itself. the first one is on high-speed, the second one is on the steam engine, and the last one is on light rail route will be revealed on August 9th!
    All will be revealed on August 9th! [​IMG] [​IMG] #MasterTheMachine

• Like Like x 2
  22. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Interesting question - what could Master The Machine hashtag mean?
    More steam engines?
    More Mastery systems (hope not)?

• Like Like x 3
  23. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Definitely the official reveal for TSW3 which will probably release in October or November, hopefully the new U.S. route, and maybe another route that is still in development for TSW2.

24. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Let us not forget the updated Bakerloo line, it would not be beyond DTG to pop in an older route. It’s quite possible they added Joe’s timetable, and gave the route some spit and polish (more passengers, mind the gap announcements etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  25. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

we already paid for that timetable upgrade that was promised to bakerloo since launch though didn’t we?

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, nearly two years ago! Time flies by when you’re the driver of a train.

• Like Like x 4
  27. SonicScott91

I think there's a new UK route that has yet to be revealed. The US and German route have been on the roadmap and then the next UK addition will be revealed alongside the announcement on Tuesday. It would be odd to not have a new route for each of the big three, I know TSW2 released with remastered Sand Patch that was brand new to consoles at least.

• Like Like x 3
  28. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

OT: that's actually funny, because Einstein had this thought experiment with a driving train and a clock and that's how he explained his relativity theory :D

• Like Like x 3
  29. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I'm worried that the UK route will just be the steam route we already have to be honest, unless it's something very special I doubt they will reveal a new route with the announcement. Not that I don't want that, but I've learnt that the less expectations I have when it comes to this franchise the less disappointed I'll be.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

(cough) Sandpatch Grade (cough)
    PC players bought it again in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same trick with NEC New York - New Rochelle...

They already sold us the ACS-64 again...

32. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be against something similar to the BRHFP for SOS but I think it needs the dlc manager fix to be done first to free up some memory and help run it a bit smoother? Can't see it being another UK route unless its a really staggered release or they've hidden it off the road map which raises the question about why you'd have the road map in the first place?

33. OldVern

If we are getting a high speed route, it will be Koln to Aachen or Munich to Augsburg "remastered".
    For the urban route it will be "Rapid Transit", also ahem remastered, or maybe that LIRR route which was my fastest ever refund (outside West Cornwall).
    Steam is a bit trickier, but yes SOS with the scenery finished, Crewe station properly scaled and maybe a Black Five thrown in not beyond the realms of possibility.

The route recycling will be dismissed with spin about focus on improving the "experience".

• Like Like x 4
  34. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Im ready to not buy TSW3 if it does not address the big core issues of TSW.
    I dont care about promised future fixes.I will buy once its actually fixed (if ever).

• Like Like x 4
  35. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's a fine line between updates to routes that we've already paid for, like the BKL timetable or Rush Hour passengers on BML, fixes to signaling and safety systems etc., and, on the other hand, genuine upgrades like IOW or New Journeys Experience, which we were asked to pay for.
    If the upgrades to existing routes come with additional locos, repaints, scenarios and/ or services etc., it's reasonable to charge for them.
    Core improvements like lighting, sound and graphics upgrades should always be free, as they have been for TSC every year.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I can't remember TSC receiving many core improvements over the years I've played it. 64bit update comes to mind, but that's pretty much the only one.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Ever since I switched to using the keyboard/mouse inputs on TSW, I no longer frantically run around platforms between station stops and whatever neurotransmitter that previously compelled me to seek out collectibles has become dormant.

38. johneebgood

johneebgood New Member

The first Irish route will be announced. lol:D

39. georgedayy7

georgedayy7 Member

I really hope one of the routes is a modern day WCML with class 90s or 86s maybe even class 70 for something different for UK freight we only have the 66 so far.

• Like Like x 1
  40. OldVern

Nah it will be the Bermuda Railway!

• Like Like x 1
  41. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

With your username, I imagine you would have a full-on existential crisis

• Like Like x 3
  42. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Gopferdeckel!!!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  43. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I‘ve been thinking about next week‘s announcement for a while, here‘s what I think could happen:
    • The announcement of the announcement mentions “the future of Train Sim World” - not just TSW2 - so this is clearly more than just a simple themed route pack like Rush Hour.
    • Obviously no complete rebuild/reboot. Multiple DLCs on the TSW2 roadmap are still unreleased. Additionally, they only just figured out how to make Steam routes and fix some core issues (like the XBOX sound bug and the PS5 DLC Limit), I don’t believe they’d throw all that progress away. A rebrand of TSW2 sounds reasonable, or at most a new game compatible with existing content (like the TSW2020 -> TSW2 transition).
    • Release within the October-November timeframe. Just makes sense, common time of the year for big game/update releases.
    • No Unreal Engine version change. Matt has repeatedly stated DTG want to avoid these complicated transitions as much as possible in the future and aren‘t currently working on updating TSW‘s Unreal version.
    • But maybe they‘re upgrading other parts of the game apart from Unreal - it’s a franchise-defining announcement after all. This could result in the end of Last Gen support. There have been lots of performance issues with the newer DLCs, maybe it‘s just for the better to let it go (and I‘m saying that as a Last Gen player myself. Would finally give me a reason to upgrade to a PS5).
    • As others have already pointed out, the tweets contain lots of clues:
      • Emojis -> High-speed, steam and regular/light rail routes/locos.
      • Mentions of planes, long-distance travel -> A new country, far away from GB (where DTG are located).
    • Accordingly, what routes could we expect?
      • Obvious candidates since they’re on the roadmap: New German and US-American routes. We have no info whatsoever on these DLCs, but they’ve been in development for a while. There was some talk on certain forums and Discord servers about a German route with a new DMU, but this could also be a third-party DLC. Nobody really knows, it’s probably going to be an unexpected surprise!
      • Not sure if a British route could happen. I can hardly imagine them including more than three routes. Two slots are taken up by the aforementioned roadmap routes, and the third could be in the unknown location far away from GB they’ve been referring to in their tweets. This could obviously just be the US route, which would open up the possibility of a British route again. They recently figured out the realistic Bakerloo timetable (which prevented them from making new tube line routes), so perhaps we‘re getting something from the London Underground? Or the highly requested West Coast Mainline?
      • In case we‘re indeed getting a route set in a completely new country, there are literally endless possibilities. There have been a lot of requests in the Asia/Oceania region (namely Australia, New Zealand, Japan, etc.).

44. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

I think the end of TSW will be announced and a duck simulator will be developed.
    Why?

• Like Like x 4
  45. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

There's more chance of an Icelandic railway than anything outside the Big Three.
    Unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  46. SonicScott91

I think the mention of planes means a reveal at the real world location of either the new American or German route, it's also worth noting it could be a domestic flight to somewhere like Scotland. DTG have said on previous livestreams that new regions would have to be done by new third party devs, should they step forward as the main three countries take up enough of DTG's resource. They also mentioned LGV was done more because it was a high speed route, than because it was a French route.

47. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I don't have a PS5 but I hope they fix this as it has been far too long but I doubt it will be in the Aug 9th announcement especially when they have been jetting off somewhere.

I think they are all a distraction to mask the flaws in the game.

You would of thought Toilets would be a necessity after having some Pringles but then DTG shy away from reality. ;)

You can say much the same for UE 5.0 no? As it is very early in its development.

I think I have solved the mystery of TSW3 and looking at past recent streams. TSW3 will be a BOARD game, no stop laughing look at the evidence.
    Nat was on a recent stream and she ONLY does board games now, proof.
    There will be things in the board game that takes its influence from TSW2 though. Every 5 mins the board will shake so as to represent the stuttering in TSW2. Also when the timetable reaches 11 O'clock pm the board will go completely black but I'm assured the team is still working on a fix for this. :D

• Like Like x 2
  48. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

So you say you expect much more then a simple route pack with new UI but then say you think all that will be announced is new routes?

49. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm a bit sus about that one. I think they have gone to Sunny Fife or Norwich (if you're an Alan Partridge fan :o )

I can imagine the backlash that they will get if they are doing a livestream from some Brightline station in Florida about 10am EST time and not being back in sunny ol Chatham "fixing the game" lol

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  50. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member