Waggonz/ap Class 142 Been Withdrawn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 390001, Aug 5, 2022.

1. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

CLASS 142 DIESEL MULTIPLE UNIT PACK WITHDRAWAL

After nearly 10 years on sale, our Class 142 Diesel Multiple Unit Pack has reached the end of the road and will be withdrawn from sale on Monday 8th August.

If you are one of the few yet to pick up this pack then, this weekend is your last chance.

We hope to one day bring the 'Pacer' back with the high quality audio, liveries & physics that are quite rightly expected from us in this day and age.

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/dmu_rs/class_142_diesel_multiple_unit_pack

Does seem strange removing it when a lot of scenarios still use it to this day even as AI

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

AP are constantly updating their scenarios to use the latest stock available.

Something DTG is not doing (not critizicing that generally), which is putting off new players when they buy a DLC in 2022 and find themselves running a very bare and unrealistic BR101 for example, and then write to forums and complain just to learn that this game has content that has aged and is sold "as is" without being constantly updated. Considering the amount of DLC, this is surely not doable by one team only.

AP is following a strict policy, that on the other hand requires you to rebuy again. But what you have once bought will be yours forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Fullscreen capture 06082022 074144.bmp.jpg
    The class 142 Pacer is staying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Lol 24 hours after announcing its removal they decide to keep it lol

5. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

But that's also the case with DTG?

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I've never seen anything like "We're withdrawing and replacing our old Kuju Class 55, and are replacing all scenarios with updated stock." from DTG.

7. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

What have DTG removed from store that then requires you to purchase again if you want a newer version ???

8. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Nope me neither so interesting to see what the user will come up with after the claim they made DTG do it as well. No doubt we will be met with silence.

9. eldomtom2

I was refering to the "But what you have once bought will be yours forever." line.

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Fair enough. :cool:

Although... what you purchase on Steam is not really yours (as opposed to GOG for example). They can lock you out from your content and even remove it for certain reasons like violation of their terms & conditions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

They did replace the original Mk1s and Mk2s, and I think the Class 47 and SD40-2 as well at some point (back around RW3?).

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

When they bought RailSimulator, they updated some locos (UP SD40-2, but not the BNSF and black ones), that's true. That was core stuff then, no DLC though.

13. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It was much later than that (and it's the same people who made Rail Simulator who make the current game, they didn't need to buy anything)

14. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

No, Kuju, the team that made MSTS, created RailSimulator. Back then DTG were called Rail Simulator Development Ltd (RSDL) and made addons for RS, before buying it and naming it RailWorks, changing their company name to RailSimulator.com (RSC) which it still is, introducing the name DTG as a Trade name of RSC.

Some former Kuju employees joined RSC, at least I know of one, that's Derek "RSDerek" Siddle of Weardale&Teesdale fame.

And consecutive rolling stock updates were tied to their routes, you have different DB101s for example depending on which route you play. The old ones were not substituted. TSTools' job.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

They definately did substitute Mk1s, Mk2s and the Class 47 around the time of Railworks 2 or 3, just look at original Rail Simulator/early Railworks screenshots of the models in question.

16. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

no you were not. I never mentioned DTG in my comment so let me ask you again. What have DTG sold then removed to resell again then. Please dont try and twist the comment to something else.

17. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

BUT difference being they never resold them as a pack.

18. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

That is true, but my point is that there IS (or, was) presedence for older models being upgraded (overwritten) with new/upgraded ones, even though it is 10-12 years ago at this point.

19. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

True will give you that.

20. eldomtom2

Yes I was. I don't appreciate accusations of dishonesty.

21. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

In aii fairness i dont appreciate getting quoted with a reply of something i never said either ;)

You said this:
    upload_2022-8-7_22-27-4.png

See how you quoted me in your reply.

The last sentence from this member is the quote you used so it was NOT me who said it hence why i replied to you.
    upload_2022-8-7_22-28-19.png

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  22. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

If DTG did this, half the library would probably be retired.

I jest, of course, but there are so many Class 47 models, for example, that it could technically be true in an alternate universe.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  23. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Very well said.

24. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

If I may throw my hat into the ring and without wanting to get into an argument, then can I suggest the North Wales Coast line??? That was released, then withdrawn & then re-released as a TfW variant...???

Eric

25. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

On a similar vein (and like you not arguing just throwing into the pot and continuing on from what you've written) I'll add in the Bristol to Cardiff and the Cardiff to Swansea extension withdrawn to be later merged and resold as the unbranded South Wales Coastal Bristol to Swansea route

26. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This is about withdrawing and updating content, not unbranding / rebranding. Afaik the route has not changed nor has the rolling stock except Virgin livery was replaced by TfW and Arriva logos removed.

So the reason for removal was not because of wanting to update or quality issues, but because of licensing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  27. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

exactly

28. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

A good example of a failure is the TGV Réseau - it was withdrawn by DTG due to massive complaints (although it wasn't actually that bad, compared to stuff that's still being sold), a fix was promised but never delivered. There's an insightful thread around here...

29. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Isn't the Reseau back for sale?
    The standalone Class 117, IIRC withdrawn for a similar reason, however, is not...

30. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not by DTG/Steam. Aerosoft still sells it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2022
  31. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

I think the 117 is available on Amazon UK.

32. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That's the good thing about Steam. Many keys for old DLC are still around, being valid infinitely because DTG already has the money and would need to deactivate they keys and refund all key traders. Though the 117 survived in North Somerset Railway.

33. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I'm not finding the standalone Class 117 anywhere on Aerosoft.

34. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The Réseau is on Aerosoft, the 117 on Amazon.co.uk (just grabbed one)

Does anybody know the reason for the 117's withdrawal?

35. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Adding something to this What did the Romans ever do for us question...

I've heard about the NEC once having been withdrawn and an updated version being sold later.

36. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Pretty certain everyone that owned the original NEC got the upgraded version as well. Same with Donner Pass.

37. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

i seem to recall something needing to be updated

38. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yeah, definitely. Bad example. :|

39. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Found the reason... makes me wonder. It seems there was nobody inhouse at DTG being able to fix this. That's funny. I'll have look at the files. Will check for that texture. It's the speedometer shaft.

11.png

Just checking the GeoPcDx. Bad references... I'll list them. Hey - this is DTM coupler style ;)
    Code:
    <TextureByName>
               <e d:type="cDeltaString">..\..\..\..\..\..\class101nse\railvehicles\diesel\class101\default\dmcl\textures\[00]speedo</e>
    </TextureByName>
    ...and that's already the fix. I've copied the Speedo.TgPcDx from NorthSomerset to Assets\RSC\Class117Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\Default\Engine\textures\ and edited the GeoPcDx to use that one. If you want to do it yourself, it's only one line in the GeoPcDx.xml

33.png

Hello DTG? Seriously... Took me merely 30 minutes to find and fix that.

117.png

• Like Like x 2
  40. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

And in any case, those who owned the original (extension) got the new version for free - same with South Wales Coastal and Welsh Marches.

41. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Torfmeister, yes please.
    Thanks in advance.

42. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I've edited my post to include the instructions. Copy and rename the "117 DMS Green.GeoPcDx" to "117 DMS Green.GeoPcDx.bin" and drag it over Serz.exe. Edit the line to show what my Notepad screenshot shows, Serz the xml back and remove the .bin extension. Copy the Speedo.TgPcDx from NorthSomerset assets to Assets\RSC\Class117Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\Default\Engine\textures\ and the modified Geo to the parent "Engine" folder. Create the bold folders yourself. No need to touch the .ap btw. Delete blueprints.pak if present.

• Like Like x 2
  43. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I'll put this in a new tagged thread because this will get lost in this hijacked thread, and with tags Google should show it if you search for class 117 fix.

44. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I was able to get it from Amazon too. Seems like the Network Southeast liveried version that was in the Marketplace is still on G2A, but listed as "sold out"... Buy Train Simulator: Network South East Class 117 Add-on Livery Steam Key GLOBAL - Cheap - G2A.COM!
    The BR Blue version might still be able to be purchased from the Marketplace - TS Marketplace: BR Blue Class 117 Add-on Livery på Steam (steampowered.com)?
    But the Blue/White version that I seem to recall was also in the Marketplace doesn't seem to be around anymore

• Like Like x 1
  45. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Successfully got the BR Blue version from Steam, tusen takk! It has no issues.

55.png

46. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Now if there only was a way to get the NSE version still...

47. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I don't recall there every being a blue and white one on the marketplace, just the blue and NSE ones, I may be wrong however.

There are some good reskins of the NSR class 117.

Vulcan Productions have a blue/grey and blue and white one on their site and on the Recreating Britains Lost Routes Facebook page there was a link to a class 117 early years pack which had green and blue examples with the headcode panel and without marker lights.

48. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I may be remembering wrong I guess

49. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think you may be confusing a different model with different lighting. That said, there is an alternative Mark 1 model that is very old and can be found in the Flying Scotsman pack and others. I believe this might be an Iron Horse House model as they are similar but I can't say for certain they are the same. I don't even know if DTG had bought IHH by then...
    Just in case people aren't aware, the same method of a weird Steam link also works for Hatchet Hill. It would also be really interesting to see if others are available this way.

50. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The 47 model was definitely changed - it's included in the Class 70 pack IIRC (activate Oovee > Class47 to see it), as was the 166 and a few of the coaches.