Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not if it’s the tramway…:):):)

But there really is little clue to say for certain, could be anywhere but I would have thought budgets preclude flying too far which would rule out America (where they would get a local agent to do the legwork) or Japan. Far more likely to be a scenic part of Europe, Austria or Switzerland maybe than anything really exotic.

2. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully most of that was getting the groundwork ready and future steam releases won't take longer than diesel/electric ones.

Well, there does happen to be a certain country that is highly requested and also the birthplace of high speed rail...

• Like Like x 1
  3. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

If there is anything steam related, I'll be extra hyped! We've been blessed for a year of DTG focusing on steam :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

As I posted elsewhere, they're in Glacier National Park to launch the BNSF Hi-Line.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Crosstie

Oh please, not another high speed route with auto-generated scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I just want another modern British route- the last UK route Spirit of Steam was disappointing (I've used the Jubilee more on other routes than the one it was created for), and it's been a year since BML, which while being my favourite route in the game is still more Electrostars, which wasn't new.

At this point I'd take a BR era route, provided it wasn't yet another Class 47+ 101 route. While I would much prefer a modern setting personally I would be happy to see something in the Intercity Swallow era with Class 87s or Valenta HSTs, or something along those lines.

But the fact that no British route is on the roadmap while there is one for the USA and Germany makes me think that either TSW3 (or whatever this new update is) will either just have two routes or the third will be from a new region, which the post was alluding to.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Or possibly they don't want players stalking them. :)

Maybe Chicago will finally be included in the game somehow! Though I would then be bummed about them saying nothing, as I'd be happy to buy Matt & co. a beer, or even just a quick "Hi, love your game" and a fist bump.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

it's going to be fun watching the forum explode if this 'big' announcement is something like:

''we've all gone on holiday to a tropical island with no internet access, there will be no more announcements for 2 months''

• Like Like x 3
  9. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Unless it's DTG doing the trolling eh? And why is Sam editing forum posts, I thought he had a new job?

With regards to TSW3 I think we all should lower out expectations to the bare minimum and then perhaps we will not be disappointed as much but no guarantee's ;) Perhaps they are jetting off to include a new country? Netherlands always seemed popular.

But for me if they just fixed the game and had proper lighting for stations so players could use a 24hr timetable surely would be of more use.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

it's more likely that they include spirit off steam in a deluxe bundle.....

11. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

That's not really the way how dtg releases earlier their products.... 90% are released in August/September period.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I’d love that. Would take me right back to my MSTS days :D

Sam’s still DTG’s big gun. If no one can get the community under control, Sam can. More likely though, Sam just happened to see this and decided to intervene. He does that on occasion. :)

• Like Like x 5
  13. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Probably not Japan as it's still largely closed to foreign travel - my thinking is a US freight route like Cajon Pass or Soldier Summit.
    Flights to Germany from the UK are less than two hours, so hardly a nightmare journey unless referring to airport delays.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

wanted to say the same: Flying is terrible in Germany right now…

15. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Business travellers can currently visit with a visa: https://www.insidekyoto.com/can-i-travel-to-japan-now, with independent tourists basically being the only group that can't travel.

Japan is still not likely - unless the major nature of the announcement on no less than "the future of TSW" means a reveal of a change of approach to route development to enable production of lines from previously unlikely locations - but I don't think Covid restrictions would be an issue there.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Crosstie

" nightmare journey and spectacular scenery "?

Doesn't fit the Windy City somehow.:D

( Unless they've taken the express elevator to the top of the Willis Tower :D )

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, a budget airline special.
    Could be. That would be nice. It certainly has breathtaking scenery.
    The kids like to drive fast and hopefully wherever the routes are the scenery looks good. I’ll be happy wherever it is as long as the trains don’t jump off the track for no reason, which is my current experience on Horseshoe Curve.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

My last speculation before I'll just wait and see what it actually is, but: The three icons on the twitter post right here ( https://twitter.com/trainsimworld/status/1555584534132973568 ) show a high speed train, a steam train, and a tram. My speculation is that the UK route will be Spirit of Steam, the german route might be Frankfurt tram / Hamburg tram / Berlin Ringbahn and the american route miiiight be something along the likes of the acela express?

I just want to put it out there because it feel plausible enough to me that if it's turning out to be true, I can go "Called it!" :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. rober

rober Member

Or San Francisco tram :P

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Surely, that would still be the job of community manager?

Also I don't get how saying" when you don't have a vaild point, that's all you have to say" feeding the troll to be fair. It was just a question

• Like Like x 1
  21. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Surely nothing can be worse than the disappointment that was TSW2020's announcement, where the headlining new feature being marketed was the "new green user interface". To this day I experience trauma from the utter disappointment that release was.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Well... rush hour got delayed, I think it would be odd to have the announcement so close to release if it's actually a big upgrade. Perhaps late august? We'll find out in a few days, I don't have any more information than anybody, so...

The idea of people stalking the DTG staff is hilarious - not trying to ridicule your thought process, just the mental image of somebody just waiting for them to arrive just so he can ask what's in TSW3 or complain about some bugs is just hilarious to me - something slightly less funny is the realization that actually exist people that would do that, so good point I guess.

I'd love that. What were the default routes? Marias Pass, Tokio-Hakone, Settle-Carlisle and the one near Innsbruck with the Orient Express IIRC...

I always loved the idea of having all of the MSTS default routes with the same trains in a new train sim. I guess we have the Dash-8 and GP-38... Class 50 and A3 Flying Scotsman next perhaps :D

23. Crosstie

Ooh, takes me back to that MSTS Settle-Carlisle scenario where you had two Class 50's and raced to a station ahead of the Flying Scotsman's arrival.
    I would seriously like to see those two locos in that route on TSW3.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  24. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

That I strongly doubt. Shelby to Whitefish is 152 miles.
    • Innsbruck - St. Anton
    • Settle - Carlisle
    • Shelby - Whitefish
    • Tokyo - Hakone
    • Washington - Philadelphia
    • Yatsushiro - Yoshimatsu

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

It's funny I thought SF too, it's American, it's far from the UK, and the summer weather can be... unpredictable. But, what could we get from there? Bart?

Please not Bart.

Since we're all just throwing out whatever, here's my crazy: White Pass & Yukon. Don't see how this could be possible. But, if there were ever any machines to be mastered, it would be those.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I think they may be in Germany, my reasoning if the Stream starts at 1600UTC they may be going east due to the time zones.

If they are in the US, particularly Glacier Park time zone it is 10am and San Fran is 9am, Chicago 11am and on the east coast 12pm. So that would make sense as well.

But nowhere on their tweets does it state it was a long flight. I just took a flight the other day that was only 1hour and 20 minutes and it was a nightmare.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I wonder what the significance of the tagline "Master the Machine" is? Does that suggest a focus on tutorials or ingame prompts etc? Or a rework of mastery?

28. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

A nightmare flight lugging equipment, with beautiful scenery, and presumably in one of the three main TSW locales? Flights within the UK or to Germany are probably not that bad, compared to flying to the US. And I believe it has been mentioned in the past that DTG do have a good working relationship with Amtrak.

Wishful thinking, for sure, but maybe TSW3's flagship American route will be the 150 mile stretch of the California Zephyr between Reno and Sacramento. With Donner Lake, the infamous Donner Pass, and the Sierra Nevada, the Zephyr certainly has beautiful scenery! It could be last hurrah/digital preservation of the P42DC Genesis and Superliner cars (before they get replaced by the ALC-42 and new passenger cars), with the route rounded out by the inclusion of the SD70ACe in Union Pacific livery to add freight.

And for super wishful thinking, it'll have US signalling and PTC that work flawlessly ;)

• Like Like x 2
  29. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Seems like you took it as I meant it, kinda facetious but not ridiculous. Looks like you've been around long enough to remember when some people went completely berserk over a Rush Hour release hiccup, posting gems like:

and

and

and

and much other indignant frothing at the mouth.

So given the level of investment some have put into expanding a screencap of an accidental camera slip into absolute confirmation of various invented realities (as opposed to those who always remember that they're speculating), I wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You really can't complete a post without including a sophomore insult, can you?

• Like Like x 2
  31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think Master the/your machine(s) has been used in TSC for years. I thought the same as you, it could be a hint but it appears to just be a tagline they've used in the past.

We'll have to wait and see I guess..

32. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Can't help feeling there may be a lot of tears this week reading through the "hope there's.." "I would like.." etc. This mob seems to be run by marketing & finance these days, they did a great job building up excitement with an "accidental leak" when there was nothing to share.

Haven't seen much speculation about what my be left behind this time, anyone remember NEC?

• Like Like x 4
  33. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I'm not really hyped. I'm interested to see what they come up with now that it's been a full year with Matt at the helm.

But I've been on this train since just before TSW 2020 (pun intended) so I know not to get excited until they actually bring out something official. And to prepare to possibly be disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Maybe this is also a possibility? Or was that a simple localisation project?

[​IMG]

--

I can manage it just fine with anyone who is not doing what you have been doing, as is clear in this and other threads. Now if you can move on and save everyone the experience of having to read these exchanges...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  35. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

One thing I would like to raise
    "Flight" doesn't have to equal "in a big aeroplane"...
    They could have been in a helicopter filming locations for all we know and "stunning scenery" is also more likely if you're up close and personal.

They could have been filming a jubilee up close and personal for a PR stunt.

• Like Like x 1
  36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

A nightmare flight could just be an everyday occurrence if they flew with Easyjet or Ryanair!

San Francisco - the Muni would be more interesting than Bart whether with the modern Breda cars or the old Boeing ones. Only issue would be line of sight working on the street section but any or all of the network would be Day 1 purchase for me.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Given like the Japanese routes the Chinese ones were all 3rd party as well, this isn't likely at all.

• Like Like x 1
  38. james64

Unlikely due to the ongoing steam ban in the UK. Unless they've been allowed into a depot.

• Like Like x 1
  39. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I'm actually already disappointed by TSW3 even before the actual announcement.
    But knowing DTG and TSW my expectations are extremely low. I wish I could be hyped but not a chance...sorry

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. ARuscoe

Steam ban?
    I was watching a steam tour through Kent last week

• Like Like x 2
  41. ARuscoe

How can you be disappointed when you don't know what it is yet?

• Like Like x 8
  42. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Most likely non of the core issues of TSW will be fixed and I don't care about a new route (we have many already) or a new UI (besides fixing the menu bug that overheats the GPU)

• Like Like x 2
  43. ARuscoe

That's low expectations rather than disappointment. You don't know what's been updated, fixed or how it all works yet so whilst you may well be right, don't see how you can be disappointed YET (maybe 18:00 tomorrow)

• Like Like x 2
  44. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

It did cross my mind not too long ago if we are gonna see a TSW3.

In my opinion, it is only a matter of time until it gets released. DTG love to update their train simulators, but TSW works even better for them since they sell you a new game, rather than just automatically updating it.

We should give DTG a chance to try and "sell us their fish". We might just be surprised by what they have, and who knows, we might get even longer routes.

45. james64

It's only in certain parts of the country. I know it's affecting a lot of Steam hauled railtours right now.
    It's due to the lack of rain lately, lineside vegetation isn't getting enough water so a steam engine passing through greatly increases the fire risk. In fact I think a month or two ago Duchess of Sutherland actually DID start a lineside fire.

• Like Like x 1
  46. ARuscoe

Ah OK. Strange that the train I saw went from Faversham to Victoria through the Kent countryside, where a hosepipe ban only came into force in the last few days

47. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

They had a lineside fire on the Swanage Railway over the weekend so on Sunday both 33111 and 33012 were doing the runs. Shame they didnt use the 50 :)

Hentis

48. james64

I think there's a bit of miscommunication between network rail and the operators regarding when steam can and can't be used. Last week Royal Scot worked a railtour it apparently wasn't supposed to, resulting in it being diesel hauled on the return journey with the engine "dead" at the back. Yesterday Clun Castle was supposed to work a tour, and everyone involved was told it could do so up until someone at the very last minute decided it couldn't after all.

It all seems very touch and go, I don't claim to know all of the details.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Why do most people think that if TSW3 is announced on the 9th, then the announced American and German routes are part of it.

After all, it may be that TSW3 is being announced now, and its release will be in 2023, and not in 2 weeks.

And all advertised routes are DLC for TSW2, not part of TSW3.

50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Because they haven’t said what those routes are on the roadmap. They are hardly likely to announce a big new package for TSW3 and then later announce two more routes for the game it’s replacing. People are just using common sense.

• Like Like x 3