Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Isn't that what Preservation Crew was for?

I mean, I'm not against selling an SEHS extension. I just think the whole base package of TSW3 routes is quite a dissapointment. Certainly not worth my money.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Don't forget the new wagon for SEHS.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

TSW 3 itself sounds good, but I'm also a bit worried that there's no info on the fixes to the routemap (especially the Achievements) from TSW 2.

That casts a shadow over the announcement. :|

• Like Like x 3
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Which is nice, but it’s just abit of a shame that the most different train, is similar to a current model.

My point is that something more refreshing would of been great to see.

I do like the new mileage increases, I’m not trying to demean DTG’s accomplishment there, it’s just that something truly new would of been nice.

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im still waiting for Riviera or WCML but I can appreciate dtg reviewing and improving a dlc. Its not been mentioned but seeing how the 66 is a new tsw3 loco now, surely it cant merely be a port from tsw 20. It needs a sound review.

6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for this one , one question though - will current content carry across to tsw3 like tsw2020 and tsw2 ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Not really happy that all of our progress is not going to be carried forward to the new game. What's the point of having all the in game stats if they get wiped clean every 2 years? Appears our Mastery on dovetail live will transfer, Now, if only it worked correctly in the first place!

As others have said, I have no trust whatsoever that DTG will actually now fix all the outstanding TSW2 issues, sounds likes its going to be be another abandon and run away as fast as they can job!

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

1. Looks pretty good. I’m mainly US freight fan so the Cajon Pass means I will buy this for sure.

2. Continues the love-hate I have with DTG for focusing on putting new stuff out constantly while old stuff isn’t fixed.

3. I don’t care if TSW2 is “left behind” as long as my TSW2 content can move to TSW3 (likewise I never touched or cared about 2020 after 2 was released). I don’t mind paying for a new core game every few years as long as my DLCs are all portable.

4. Pricing structure is reasonable and gives you lots of options.

5. I for one don’t care about progress and achievements in the game (not saying everyone should agree but I just don’t care, same for collectibles, so won’t bother me if none of that progress is continued).

• Like Like x 14
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I’m happy for you but I’ve been around these games a very long time. In some respects DTG are actually emulating Auran/N3V with their approach. Bring out a new version every so often which doesn’t actually live up to the hype, then after a few months owners of the previous versions see support, including bugfixes summarily dropped meaning you need to spend money on the new edition to stay current.

Anyhow off to have a bit of fun with Cajon in Run 8, see if I can clear out some of those industry spurs.

• Like Like x 5
  10. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks

11. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Late last year people were complaining/whining about the lack of UK releases in a year that saw SEHS, London Commuter, Catcarth Circle and West Cornwall.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

It's a bit tricky to know which bundle to buy. I have all the german and british route and the US passenger routes in TSW2. Which bundle do I order?

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

In which two received mixed reception, two essentially have recycled rolling stock to an extent and one that had poor lighting, and sounds. But hey, at least we got uk routes

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It looks and sounds interesting, I hope it will deliver what is promised. But it is really annoying that we would lose all progress made so far - again :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Progress will likely work the same way as on PC, you can just copy your save from TSW2 to TSW3 and it should work. I was expecting TSW3 to be a free update but now I have no reason to buy it. I am not going to be rebuying DLC on PC and since the PS4 version is unplayable and the PS5 is unobtainable, there is no way for me to play TSW3 and enjoy it. Of course, there are other reasons why it can't be enjoyed, usually because of the content included in the game...
    The graphics still look washed out, the last gen consoles will still be unplayable, the sounds will still suck... £30 at an absolute minimum for ONE route. Remember, RailWorks 2 came out with NINE, for pretty much the same price. Two Point Hospital is £25. The best GTA game is £17. One of the best games ever made is £10. How does TSW3 justify its standard edition costing £40?
    A chart of content included in different versions is never a good sign. Saints Row 2022's is much more difficult to understand, but TSW3's is giving me serious TS2016 flashbacks, and as much as I liked the content in that version, the monetization of it was shocking.
    That's another Rail Simulator route checked off the list... Now we need Newcastle to York and Bath to Templecombe.
    To be fair SEHS will now be much more than a 'third rail route' as now most of HS1 is included, with the new section having a 186mph top speed*. It is finally what I wanted when the route first came out. Additionally the route looks better from the screenshots, with proper high speed track for HS1. Hopefully the Gran Turismo 4 station models are replaced too. Additionally with the Dartford extension we get a British metro route of sorts, but not the Class 700 that actually runs on it. Including the Class 465 (presumably still with the wrong interior textures) made my purchase of it completely redundant. MFA wagons are nice to see; new wagons always are. However I don't believe it in the FAQ where they say it has 21 scenarios. The base route came with 5, the 465 came with 4 and the new version comes with 5. 14 is not 21.
    *Although you will need to buy LGV to take advantage of it, unless DTG release an unbranded Eurostar called the 'European International Train' or something like that.
    Probably DLC later on, because of course major content will be locked behind a paywall.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. tallboy7648

I couldn't give a flying toss about a wagon to be honest. Freight isn't really my thing

• Like Like x 8
  17. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I just hope custom liveries transfer

18. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Um...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

I'm more worried about the specs. A staff member on TSC stated that a 1060 will work fine. What is fine? 20 - 30 frames cause that won't be fine if it's the avg. I've got a 2060 max q and a Ryzen 4900HS and despite being assured a 1060 would be fine, it still fears me I'm going to get about 20 - 30 frames speeding through Wurzburg - Kassel. I hope they are right about it being fine and a staff member would assure me with their testing as a reply.

• Like Like x 1
  20. anthony.wood

anthony.wood Active Member

Can't wait for TSW4 already so we can pay 60 bucks again for 3 new features and bug fixes for bugs that shouldn't have released in the first place.

• Like Like x 10
  21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic. Like a new freight wagon should make up for the lack of any new locomotives and MUs. (And the 66 and 465 can't be really considered new, although DTG likes to make it a good selling point, just as that one new wagon...)

A very sarcastic "yay" for me...

• Like Like x 2
  22. Doomotron

Don't be worried about it.

It's a definite anyway!
    Pretty much nothing is new in TSW3. The trains are unlikely to get any changes over TSW2 - do not expect new sounds for any trains included.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Not impressed that it looks like we will need to spend hours getting all the collectables again. There appears to be no reason why this needs to be a separate game. Just an update to the existing game would suffice, like train sim classic.

• Like Like x 2
  24. steamfan#1309

In my opinion, collecting everything again doesn't matter to me, I just want variety

• Like Like x 1
  25. Doomotron

They will, but only by redownloading them off of the Creator Club. So if they corrupt on there, which does happen, enjoy remaking your liveries. That's unless you're on PC in which case you can just do it manually.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

If that's what ends up happening, then the complaints will indeed be justified, and I will join them. Right now it's entirely "probably" and "it seems" and such worst-case assumptions. With, again, two streams to go in the next two days, plus just under a month before release for questions to be answered.

• Like Like x 1
  27. steamfan#1309

Welp time to remake, all 100+ liveries of mine

28. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

To an extent but is still just another blandish SE UK commuter route to me. All the iconic Inter City or cross country routes in the UK they could have picked to bring something new to the game. Now if it had gone through to Calais or Lille then that might have been a different situation but I just can't get excited over something I've pretty much played to death in TSW2. In addition, the current SEHS is very prone to the signalling redouts in the HS section if you resume a save game, so without an assurance on this it becomes even more pointless with even longer runs.

• Like Like x 4
  29. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

"Master milking the franchise". :D Yeah, sorry, I'm getting off this train for the time being. This is more of the same that they promised with the transition from TSW 2020 to TSW2 and how there wasn't going to be a TSW3 any time soon. I'll just wait and see if they release something that catches my eye down the road, or TSW4, whichever will be first. :|

At least I have Train Simulator (as flawed and dated that is) to satisfy my interest fallen flag railroading.

• Like Like x 7
  30. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

so what about the achievement fixes in TSW2 , they where promised to get a patch ??
    When do we get them ?
    before TSW3 would be nice , because im afraid that after the release nothing will get patched after all that time and money spend

• Like Like x 2
  31. damian#6190

damian#6190 Member

So I’m really confused. I have Xbox game pass. Will I be able to pre order the game with Xbox game pass for free and get the early access thing or will I have to wait until September 6th?

32. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Also, is there any official word about UP trains from SH subbing onto Cajon, someone stated on the TSC discord that it was for the Palmdale Cutoff only, but I haven't seen any official word anywhere else.

33. tallboy7648

It probably was expensive for DTG to add improved lighting, thunderstorms, volumetric clouds sparks and dynamic weather just like how expensive it was to go from 4.16 to 4.23 even though modders have added things like thunderstorms and improved station lighting and these features were already built into the game engine but I digress

• Like Like x 1
  34. damian#6190

damian#6190 Member

Ye as long as you get a copy of TSW3 then you will get the new SEHS for free. Not too sure what has changed on SOS tho

35. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

No - The game pass version will be available on the 6th.

36. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

So history repeats itself yet again. Nothing more than an upgrade being charged as a "new" game. Straight out of the EA handbook!

• Like Like x 8
  37. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This is almost exactly how i feel about the whole thing.

Roll on Sept 6th!

• Like Like x 1
  38. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Just to clarify… the FAQ says that “digitally purchased add-ons from previous TSW games will automatically entitle you to the same route in TSW3.

It specifically excludes the NEC (which never made it to TSW2 either).

My question is will the core routes from TSW2 carry over also? Sand patch, Bakerloo, and that German ICE route (I never used ).

I feel like the answer is yes but technically they aren’t “purchased add ons” since they came with the core game.

39. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

One little thing I really like is something mentioned in the FAQ. We all know that the Kassel-Wurzburg route is coming with the ICE 1, ICE 3, and BR 185.2. However, the FAQ states that the route also comes with the BR 146.2 and the BR 442, purely for AI services. I really appreciate that these aren't just layers from other routes.

40. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The extension to SEHS is very welcome and I quite like the idea of a longer high speed route so just getting the German pack reduces the cost to a fiver more than a regular route and gets you a whole new long route and a huge extension to an existing route (plus the improvements to SoS), assuming you already own the routes. As well as this, it gives you the base for future DLC.

They do have a duty to fix the game breaking bugs for TSW2 routes though for people who have paid good money for these and don’t want to upgrade to TSW3.

• Like Like x 5
  41. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

We should though! New game new start right?

42. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Guys, I know the video says WIP but can we please make sure the awful scenery SEHS is actually addressed?

No doubt you guys have hand picked these clips and pictures but I’ve already spotted an issue. Just look at that road in the background…

002C377D-5299-4097-BB02-FA7F631A90C6.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  43. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

So for months now on roadmap streams where they have been saying there is a gap in the roadmap to fix Rush Hour routes, was actually just DTG lying their backsides off hiding TSW 3 development

Yet people like Matt and JD seem to scratch their heads in wonder as to why so many of us have such a low opinion of them and DTG

Still, at least the rush hour passengers, who have never been in a rush to get anywhere, now have umbrellas. Saves them getting wet waiting 30min for the next train going to the same destination, while ignoring my obviously plague infested empty train

• Like Like x 10
  44. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

South Eastern is still being worked on currently scenery wise we will let you know the details of these closer to release. These scenes were recorded on a older build of the route.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

My take:
    Excellent news:
    *Dynamic weather and environment. Looks like they've nailed it. It's been my biggest gripe with TSW and while you may laugh at the umbrella thing, it really used to break immersion for me that people were out dressed in a T-shirt in the pouring rain, this will help.
    *They can link routes! That suddenly gives us hope that others will be extended.

Good News:
    UI looks much better, it just didn't work in TSW2 but I will wait until I've had a play.
    The extension makes the SE express a playable length. But at a cost.
    I like the look of the German Route.

Meh News:
    Cajon Pass.
    No mention of the hub yet. I'm fed up with that stupid round thing, give me a bottom of screen one like TSC please.

Annoying News:
    Did someone say £50?
    Another flippin Southern Region DLC, another one through Chatham. I know it's local for DTG but can I once again point you across the Thames Estuary and ask why the DTG DLC count is now Chatham 9 Southend 0?

• Like Like x 4
  46. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

From my personal perspective, I like everything with this announcement today! I am going to get the German pack and am going to be happy.

Only thing I am mentioning on the negative side, still no EBuLa and probably no other means to drive German stuff without HUD…

• Like Like x 4
  47. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Especially with the missing collectible on Spirit of Steam for Xbox One.

• Like Like x 1
  48. tallboy7648

I wonder if EA have a stake in DTG

• Like Like x 4
  49. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Will the 375 have the much improved sounds and PIS of the 377 from London Commuter?

• Like Like x 3
  50. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

If I do decide to get this , I already have SEHS but would like to get the us and De but there is no option for that . Maybe that will change nearer September

• Like Like x 3