Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

That's what they said back when TSW was first announced. Didn't mean anything then considering the same development mistakes (such as the duplication of trains and assets caused by keeping them in specific route DLCs rather than a global asset folder like we had in the old days) that affected Rail Simulator affected TSW and are still present in TSW3.

• Like Like x 3
  2. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Is it normal to be still working on graphics for a brand new game with a release date less than a month away?? I

feel I have danced this dance before.

• Like Like x 13
  3. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

This sounds more like TSW 2.5 than 3 to me!

• Like Like x 7
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually the ICE1 is almost nothing like the ICE3 aside from being fast and white. It’s not even an EMU, it’s push-pull loco hauled like the Class 43

• Like Like x 8
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It is for DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

One month before is nothing, wait until you’re a year past release and they’re still investigating it

• Like Like x 16
  7. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Just like post-production on movies can be active until just before release.

• Like Like x 1
  8. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I believe that, like some colleagues, I feel a love and hate, that what I feared most happened to us, a "New Game".

Although I liked the ICE 1, I'm curious to see what this German route will look like.

Interesting when I played the East Costway, I saw the IA train going to London Victoria and I wanted to know this route, some time later the London Commuter came, fulfilling my dream.
    And once again surprised with my wish fulfilled, because when I played SEHS, I wanted to be able to drive at least from London St Pancras to Ebbsflet, and with the TSW3 I will go to it and even further, annoyed at overpaying, as I already had the SEHS, and if I were to buy the US and Ger edition, it would be more expensive than the Standard one, maybe I'll get the deluxe one, because I don't have the Spirit of Stream, the price difference in Brazil is not that big.

Anyway, after almost 2,500 BRL (488.05 USD) spent on TSW 2, having to pay another 250 BRL (48.80 USD) to have TSW3 is complicated, even more so for those who got married a little over a year ago hehehehe

HELP ME THERE DTG
    (As Datena, a great Brazilian journalist, would say.)

• Like Like x 4
  10. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Imma say something controversial here: Don't get me wrong, its just from my point of view, but who cares about any achievements in a sandbox simulator game? Like when I choose a timetable run I couldn't care less if I unlock an achievement for driving the BR101 a total of 101km... Does it really matter that much? I mean I can kinda understand the mastery unlocks, even though I also never bothered with them. But achievements? Really?

• Like Like x 23
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I suspect they could be for tsw3 only

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheTipsyRaccoon

You don’t care for them, many others do. Is it that difficult to understand?

• Like Like x 6
  13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

they’ll still be for TsW2 (so both versions) unless creators say otherwise

• Like Like x 2
  14. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Oh no, I got an achievement for opening a door, what ever will I do

• Like Like x 6
  15. TheTipsyRaccoon

That sounds like a passenger boarding task to me and you must’ve done a fair few to get the achievement haha!

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

excactly. hence why I said "could"

• Like Like x 1
  17. AtherianKing

likely means the route includes those, not as layers but you just can’t operate them as they don’t run the line the route includes

edit: also assuming the 146.2 will include control cab for dostos

18. steamfan#1309

.nope, I was using sarcasm, there is an achievement on blowing the horn ONCE.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

I dont understand 1 thing, in the faq they say to choose carefuly wich edition we want if we have any add on that are in tsw2, so ifi have spirit of steam and southeastern route? they say we get those for free if we have them on tsw 2, so standard edition have southeastern route. Is a little confusing.

20. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Yeah , SEHS is the only one I don't need. Looks like I'll be buying it again.

21. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

I'm excited for TSW 3. Surely hope SEHS get a scenery upgrade bcuz now it's really poor. ICE 1 and a proper hs route; couldnt ask for anything better. All I care in tsw is timetable. That's it.

22. steamfan#1309

Also Xbox is trying to force me to only by the deluxe version. In other words no preorder

23. TheTipsyRaccoon

Which route? Sounds like an easy dopamine hit to me.

24. steamfan#1309

25. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Have to be honest, I hope this new Cajon makes it to TSC as well. And ASHFORD. Heavily demanded, finally being seen. Bonus since I already have SEHS.

26. TheTipsyRaccoon

Ok you’re misunderstanding what everyone means by “achievements”. We mean the ones you get on steam or Xbox, they’re called trophies on PlayStation. Not the in game ones for basic stuff like operating the blind, the horn and the cab light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

This is pretty simple for me, no advanced features like joystick support (external hardware, not raildriver), no remappable keys, without the very BASIC features, this is a NO go for me.

I gave up on TSW2 and did not even bother with 3. Just posting this in the hopes that maybe TSW10 has these features...

• Like Like x 1
  28. steamfan#1309

Politely, again sarcasm

• Like Like x 1
  29. Greyhound

Greyhound Member

Mixed emotions with the TSW 3 announcement. I’m pleased dynamic weather and improved lighting is coming but honestly, I’m disappointed that the UK doesn’t have an all-new route.

Southeastern Highspeed is a good route but I (like most of the community) were hoping we would be getting something completely new in the UK, like a Class 390 Pendolino or something modern-day outside South East England.

I know new wagons have been added to the Southeastern Highspeed route, but I’m sure that the group of players that are excited about the new wagons will surely be niche. It would have been nice to get something completely fresh for TSW 3, but I guess we’re out of luck.

I know that DTG won’t be able to click their fingers and pull out a new route before 6th September, but I hope they take onboard the general community feedback, which (from what I’ve seen here and on social media) is that while the Southeastern Highspeed route extension sounds good, we were hoping for something new, without an Electrostar in sight, and hopefully that inspires new content in the UK moving forward.

Looking forward to seeing more as we near the release.

• Like Like x 9
  30. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

Did he say he found it difficult to understand? He simply said he didn’t care much for them!

• Like Like x 2
  31. tallboy7648

It's hard to tell if you are being sarcastic but that's a limitation of the forums

• Like Like x 3
  32. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I am just happy that I can use BNSF power on SPG or SHM. Should make some fun scenarios.

33. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Don’t know if it has been answered but if I have game pass, will I get the SEHS upgrade? And will it stay on game pass for a substantial period or Will it leave and I would have to then buy it for the upgrade?

• Like Like x 2
  34. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

While I am aware that there's still stuff they need to fix. TSW 3 might be already fixing those things. Not everything will be perfect for a game. Plenty of them has issues that may not be fixed. It's just how games are.

• Like Like x 1
  35. AtherianKing

For any one struggling it seems the difference between standard and deluxe is whether you want Spirit of Steam (if you want it and don’t already have it get deluxe, anything else then standard)

They’re are also separate country packs if you are only interested in one route or if you want just spirit of steam with TSW 3

there either seems to be an issue with pre order for standard on Xbox or it isn’t happening

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  36. TheTipsyRaccoon

I mean if we’re quoting directly he says “I mean I can kinda understand the mastery unlocks, even though I also never bothered with them. But achievements? Really?”

So in answer to your question, yes he did say he doesn’t understand them.

• Like Like x 1
  37. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Looks amazing. Nice work.

38. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

The "Pre-Purchase" site includes this chart, detailing the various purchase options:

upload_2022-8-9_14-39-18.png

Since I'm not interested in ICE trains or "Spirit of Steam", I would want to order the US STARTER PACK for $39.99, but the purchase site does not mention these "Starter" packs -- only the "full" and "standard" editions. Help? Advice?

• Like Like x 1
  39. AtherianKing

no pre order available on them so sept 6th they will appear on store

40. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Apparently the Kassel-Würzbug line is a high-speed only line, so there is no red passenger traffic on it at all; the other locos are just to populate the yards and stations at either end. They're AI-only

• Like Like x 2
  41. AtherianKing

freight service available and ICE to Drive only
    All else is scenery purposes

42. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

At least the SFS Hannover Kassel Wurzburg 185.2 Rallion can run on Main Spessart Bahn RSN Riesa-Dresden. By Force spawning or spawning in the train formation. The way you tell Hannover Kassel Wurzburg version from the Main Spessart Bahn RSN version is a working LZB Switch Brake Mode switch this is also in the same pannel as where the light switches are

43. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

For essentially £13 a route this is quite incredible value.

Im so please they are changing the Ui. The current version is very poor really.

• Like Like x 2
  44. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Will there be a discount for TSW2 customers?

• Like Like x 1
  45. AtherianKing

doesn’t seem like it, they’re is currently a 10% off pre order bonus (£44.99 instead of 49:99) for Deluxe edition pre orders

• Like Like x 1
  46. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct and for the evening and early morning hours the 185.2 gets the line to itself. Here is the video to prove it

If Hannover Kassel Wurzburg Line is future-proofed to include OBB layers the route gets Taurus locomotives Sleeper train to Lohr for the Aachen Duisburg Koln trips. Wurzburg to Lohr and Fulda to Kassel the Hans Albers EN490/491 Also runs the HMA 22:50 Munchen 23:23 Augsburg Trip Freight to Kassel

• Like Like x 1
  47. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate that we live in a world where we have to consult charts before choosing what version of games to get. It's one of my least favourite things in the industry and it saddens me that DTG have felt the need to mimic the likes of Ubisoft with having way too many versions of a game.

Am I right in saying that seeing as I own both SEHS and SoS, and also want the two new routes, that I have no choice but the standard edition? And does this mean I have no choice but to essentially buy SEHS a second time? Oh well. Suppose that's the price to pay for seeing the Medway Viaduct in a thunderstorm.

• Like Like x 10
  48. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Wow, cool (nope).

Give a thousand rubles for a bunch of questionable content (besides, to buy in Russia now you need to dance with a tambourine)? I doubt many will buy it.

My collection of over 700+ gigabytes on an old TS just screams above the mountains - I have the opportunity to travel to Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, France, China, Japan, USA, Germany, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania and many other places!! And what does TSW offer to me? The same triangle (UK, USA, Germany)//

• Like Like x 3
  49. tallboy7648

Technically you would be buying the extended version of SEHS but you are correct. It's a shame though that the extension doesn't go to Dover Priory or Ramsgate

• Like Like x 4
  50. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

• Like Like x 4