Fishing Sim World To Easy

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Haggis McNoob, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

This is the first dovetail game I’ve played properly so this might be normal however has anyone noticed that it’s to easy to catch fish? I’ve got to the point I can’t put out three rods because I can’t keep up with them all having constant fish on them. Even with two rods, by the time I’ve reeled a fish in my other rod has a fish on. Is this normal. It isn’t very challenging

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Bite rates are going to be nerfed in the update. I just hope they don't over do it and we wind up staring at dead rods the whole day

• Like Like x 1
  3. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I just hope they nerf the bite rates for carp on small hooks and bait, I doubt it will happen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

I know they have to make it so you catch often or the game would be boring but it just seems that no matter what bait or spinner you use you catch almost every cast.

5. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Try the competitions The single player ones at 20 mins represent about 5 hours IRL and are reasonably fun. The online tournaments will have you cussing every moment of slack time. They also net you a decent haul of xp and tp.

6. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

I’ll look into that, thanks

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. SPACE ODDITY

I didn't think I would like them, but I am finding the online League Tournaments fun to be honest. Before I start a online Tournament, I check out the lake in freedom fishing to find somewhere I would feel comfortable fishing.

This week I am sat in these positions, but I still got a few more attempts which I feel I could improve my scores.

Bass - 16th
    Carp - 18th
    Predator - 7th
    Match - 23rd

8. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

I had mentioned in a past post about having the option to change the game difficulty level for single player. Maybe have easy, normal, hard.?

9. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

The game difficulty should be harder, id love more of a challenge to catch a fish, using specific bait and gear to catch specific fish, so when you did catch and reel one of you had a sense of accomplishment. But right now you just throw any equipment and bait on and catch no matter what.

10. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

Well I went and done my first tournament, was a carp tournament, played the whole hour, looks like it was total weight of fish caught. I was catching first within seconds every time and still sitting in 333rd place. Those guys in the top 10 must know exactly where to cast to be getting the big fish. I did get two trophies when in the competition so not all bad

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah its pretty tough at the top, Knowledge is key, but luck does factor into it. Here is an update of where I am at. I still have one more attempt left for Bass, Pred & Match. I have 2 attempts left for Carp.

Bass - 18th
    Carp - 19th
    Predator - 7th
    Match - 4th

12. SPACE ODDITY

I also believe once you have caught a certain boss fish once, you have better odds of catching it again. It happened to me on Euro countless times where I could spend hours, days and even months chasing a particular named fish. Then once caught, It would seem I was always catching that fish.

I try to get a few boss carp caught in freedom fishing before attempting my Tournament runs, to improve my chances of catching them again while fishing a online tournament.

It might not make a difference, but from what I experience while playing FSW & Euro, it does to me.

13. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

Yeah knowledge seems it will play a part. I didn’t have problem catching the carp, just having the knowledge of where the bigger sized ones are will help.

14. SPACE ODDITY

Damn just finished my last attempt at carp online Tournament, currently standing in 4th. I was only 11lb from 2nd and 28lb from 1st lol

15. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

Wow that’s nuts. I was over 300 place haha

16. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah I think one more fish would of stolen the win, or at least 2nd. I had a bad start and chose the wrong peg, must wasted 5 minutes at the beginning waiting for bites. Once I moved things went well. New week has started and I didn't get any rewards for all my positions, gutted!

17. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Well that's true of most fisheries. We roll up with our hyper expensive tackle or our cheap and cheerful gear and we catch or we don't. Very little gear will catch a specific fish, in fact where this game has a fault is that as far as I know no one yet has caught a pike on course tackle. IRL very few matches on lakes with a healthy head of pike end up without someone catching at least one pike (something they are never happy about because pike done count in weight in course matches).

18. Hamma Chewer

Hamma Chewer New Member

Wow...I had'nt realised that players were able to use all four tournaments...I was unable to participate in Predator last week..This week im in Predator but unable to access the Bass..Just gets locked on the load screen prior to the placement map. Kinda sucks...Oh..And no details of any ones on the leader boards..