Train Sim World 3 Q&a - Tuesday 16th August

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Why is there no option to purchase TSW3 with just the US and German route for those who already own SEHS and 465? Especially as those who already own it will get the route upgraded for free.

• Like Like x 14
  2. laslauvlad#3458

laslauvlad#3458 New Member

2 Questions:
    1. Once it was the date of announcement of TSW2, one wise question was responded that the multiplayer will be on the future roadmap, fast forwarding to now, there is still no mentions of the multiplayer that the players still expects to release, why?
    2. One very wise feature in TSC, the consist creator it has, will it be added in TSW3?

• Like Like x 5
  3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Will there be any Union Pacific layers on Cajon Pass? If so, what locomotives will be available?

4. c_barrett01

c_barrett01 New Member

With the extension of the southeastern route, will we see in future further extensions to existing routes?

• Like Like x 2
  5. transport

transport Active Member

Will mice - not the ones that squeak necessarily - be supported on PlayStation

• Like Like x 4
  6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Steam Cloud Saves won't work for Xbox & PSx players so this DTG won't implement this. DTG are only going to implement some form of Cloud save that works for all players.

7. MAJAMI

MAJAMI New Member

We can expect in Train Sim World 3 the possibility of harnessing to wagons (e.g. BR 182) included in the DLC BR 101 (A lot of players would be happy with such an option).

8. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

I have a question DTG JD is the Ebula will be available on the ICE 1 ?!

9. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

1:With loco dlc's being uncoupled from routes is that only for future loco add-ons or does that include the TSW2 loco add-ons for TSW3?
    2:Could the particle effects used for the kick up effect for snow be used for limestone and coal dust effects?
    3:Has any optimization work been done on the ICE's to make them less memory intensive?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  10. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

There will be they only appear at the Palmdale cutoff as AI and you need Sherman Hill for them to appear

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Will the Training Center have its own Timetable mode with a bunch of trains sitting around the yard for us to play with?

Have you solved the issues of substitution for loaded freight cars?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Diamondderp

Diamondderp Guest

How is the performance on Gen 8 consoles? is it worse or the same as TSW2? or is it even better?

• Like Like x 1
  13. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

Will the ice 1 have the green line on nose livery and what is the situation on last gen?

14. max88183

max88183 Active Member

1. With the plan to make locos separate from routes, will we start to see more loco and even wagon DLC’s in the future? Will this also mean that we won’t have multiple different versions of the same locos and wagons (such as the doppelstockwagens)?
    2. Any news on the possibility of multiplayer?

• Like Like x 3
  15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I would like to know if the crashing issues and trains stopped midway in Dresden (DRA), sound mixing issues within 377 and 387 in LBN such as the absence of traction sound on the M7 LIRR will be resolved on TSW2 and/or at the very least on TSW3?

• Like Like x 2
  16. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Congratulations for the way TSW 3 cane out in the presentation videos! It was fun to try and geolocate what was shown in the 24 hours video streamed prior to the live stream.
    Looking forward to mastering the machine.

I have a few questions:

1. Are you considering route extensions for any of the current routes available that perhaps has ¨more potential¨? I would assume that it is less work than starting from scratch and many times people talked about merging or making the route longer as in between two bigger cities rather than intermediary ones.
    2. Since you entered route extensions territory, would you consider doing the same to rolling stock? The BR 101 would look great with a cab car at the other end.
    3. Will the Preservation Crew still be doing improvement work on future routes considering that a name change is on the table or they are becoming an extra hand and get allocated wherever additional resources are needed? If they won´t be involved in future route improvements, does this mean that the quality of new DLCs would be higher than before?

Thank you for your time.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Scottie224

Scottie224 New Member

Has the version of Unreal changed? Is Unreal Engine 5 being looked at?

• Like Like x 4
  18. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

Hi

Can I ask about the camera inside tunnels for TSW3 please?

Currently (with the exception of the new IOW route), I can set the camera to a front-nose view immediately outside the front of the cab so I can constantly see more of the surroundings, but when TSW2 was first released the camera used to throw me back in the cab inside every tunnel, which constantly interruped the gameflow

Can you confirm if this will be a problem with TSW3, or if the camera once set will remain in place inside and outside tunnels please?

I'm really looking forward to the extended SEHS route, but with it having so many tunnels I hope the game doesn't go backwards and have this front view camera issue inside tunnels again.

Thanks!
    Katia

• Like Like x 1
  19. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Kassel Würzburg does the ÖBB Nightjet Hans Albers Wien/Innsbruck Hbf to Hamburg Altona use ÖBB Baureihe 1116 1016 or DB BR101? Innsbruck to Hamburg always carries a Laaers 560 Hccrrs Ddm 915 autoracks. This train forms at Nürnberg Hbf with the Wien Hbf to Hamburg Altona is detached from the Wien Wien Hbf Aachen Hbf & Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Amsterdam section

20. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will the PS4 give enough power to get a great performance on TSW 3 and are there any news on Multiplayer because my friend found something on your stream about it

21. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

With the 186km long Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Würzburg, will we also see similar sized if not larger HST routes in the Future, such as the Japanese Shinkansen?

• Like Like x 2
  22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Have all 3 of this routes been produced inhouse or have you utilized contractors to undertake some of the work?

• Like Like x 4
  23. caspargray

caspargray Active Member

Please can you confirm exactly what content/updates are left to come for TSW2.
    - Confirm exactly which updates are still to come
    - Give a vague (very vague if necessary) timescale for these updates
    - Give us a cast iron confirmation these updates are coming. Last time this happened you said updates were coming that never did. This event was the underpinning of the lack of trust the community have had since.

many thanks indeed. I look forward to the Q&A

• Like Like x 1
  24. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

If u want a layer on Kassel - wurzburg then yes

25. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I actually like the green livery

26. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

When taking a screenshot in game, is there any chance you can speed up the process as it takes a few seconds to take, can we have speed burst photo mode in TSW3 please.

27. jefalcon6

jefalcon6 Active Member

How do I download the Bakerloo line into TSW3 as it was included as a standard route in TSW2?

• Like Like x 2
  28. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

Does the route go to Kassel Rbf, or does it end at Wilhelmshöhe?

• Like Like x 1
  29. GChris

GChris Member

I'm not thrilled that PS4 -> PS5 save transfer has been dropped though I suppose implementing this for TSW2 now seems redundant if it is expected that most long-term players will migrate to TSW3.

If we get a way to transfer progress from TSW2 to TSW3 (and I hope we do) then will it also be possible to export from PS4 TSW2 into PS5 TSW3?

Please release us from the shackles of Gen 8!!!

• Like Like x 2
  30. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

Acela2163 said this on Discord:
    upload_2022-8-10_21-23-24.png
    He's probably talking about trains running there IRL, so are you as well? Or have you had information about the in-game situation?

31. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I have some questions for the Q&A.
    1. Will there be any new London Underground routes or trains coming to TSW3?
    2. Will passengers on tracks be fixed in TSW3?
    3. Will there be any lighting work done on Bakerloo line?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. CamielK

CamielK New Member

DTG also didn't enable Steam Cloud Saves for TSC. That's only available for Windows.
    I don't see a problem of enabling Steam Cloud Saves so atleast Windows users will be able to use multiple devices for TSW3.

33. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

I don’t know about the other routes. But as far as I know Maik from TSG helped with making the scripting and the sounds of the ICE 1. Joe did the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

The BR 403 is included, and so is the BR 185.2. However, keep in mind that layers on older routes still require the correct DLC to work (like the freight layer on SKA, which needs RRO to work).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I expect TSW3 will know what content we already own, and in the case of owning TSW2, the Bakerloo line will be able to download within TSW3.

• Like Like x 3
  36. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

JD, I have a few questions for the team:
    • If Training Center is now the 'hub' of TSW3, allowing for trains to be uncoupled from routes, does this mean that future route DLC can be standalone? Or would a player still need to purchase one of these announced country packs/starter edition/deluxe edition?
    • Why not allow players to purchase the Training Center on its own? Those who already own SoS and/or SEHS, but who have no interest in the other new routes, could still get the upgrades, and access to the new weather effects in the preserved collection routes.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

1. No clue, that will be a question for DTG to answer.
    2. There are no stations where the ICE doesn't stop, since it is a strictly high speed line. At the three included stations (Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe, Fulda, Würzburg Hbf) you will hower see AI local and regional services, but they immediatly diverge to the local lines. So maybe you can use platforms that the ICE doesn't normally use in Scenario Planner (however I can neither confirm nor deny this), but there simply aren't any other stations on the line.
    3. Pretty sure they will be the existing IC coaches, since they would surely have mentioned it if they had made new coaches.

38. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

I am worried about a question: are the 8th generation consoles able to manage very long route without crashes?
    I have problems if i drive a service from Brighton to London (47 miles / 75 km)...
    What will happen with 186 km / 115 miles (Kassel - Wurzburg)?

I've a Xbox One X

• Like Like x 1
  39. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should leave ALL the answers to DTG seeing as how that's what this thread is for.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

I believe that route length has no influence on performance, since the distant parts of the map are not loaded in. The reason BML has such a bad performance, is the presence of both many types of trains, and many instances of those trains. Loading in a train costs a fair amount of RAM, so the higher the variety of rolling stock on a route, the more RAM will be needed, and the more frame drops and other performance issues you will encounter. This is the exact reason the 8th gen consoles get less busy timetables than 9th gen and PC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I have all the UK routes including steam engines, and German routes plus US passenger routes. Which starter pack would be the best?

42. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Does the removal of the requirement that locomotives and rolling stock be tied to particular routes have any current or potential impacts on substitution? Might this make things like the re- introduction of randomly generated freight consists?

43. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

DB BR187???

• Like Like x 2
  44. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Does Cajon Pass include working distance counters on either or both of the locos? If its a negative then I'll be saving myself a £20 note and just going for the German starter pack.
    I vowed Id never buy another US freight route without working distance counters.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Dantechmanify

Dantechmanify Well-Known Member

Will there be proper Steam Deck support

• Like Like x 2
  46. ballab

ballab New Member

no its still the same

47. ballab

ballab New Member

will we see more of us routes and uk routes like, the new haven line (mncr) (kawaski M8) and NEC GCT to New haven.

And Uk routes like southwest commuter trains and routes

• Like Like x 1
  48. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

Will dynamic weather be available in scenario planner? I can’t help but notice the FAQ states dynamic weather is available ‘in Timetable mode’. In addition to this, the current system for selecting weather in a scenario is very primitive (you select the weather in TT mode, then launch the scenario); will this be improved upon in TSW3. Thanks guys

49. clashomc123

clashomc123 New Member

Is Kassel Hbf included?

Will there be new timetables for old routes in the future, such as Hamburg Lübeck or Bakerloo?

• Like Like x 1
  50. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

Why was tsw2 not been able to be updated why did it need to be a new game and what it to be said that you won't do this again in 2 years?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.