Class 170 Turbostar New Puchase Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anneros, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Anneros

Anneros New Member

Hello,
    I have Train Simulator 2018 which includes North Wales Coastal and we also have the also the Manchester to Liverpool Route. I have just bought my son the Class 170 Turbostar but it doesn't seem to be available for use in any of our routes. When my son looks at his profile the train is there but it says "no career scenarios available" when you click on the train.
    Could anyone please help us? Do we need to buy routes for this train? It's profile says it would be suitable for any route.
    Thanks v much! Anne

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Looks like you purchased the only train not to have ANY scenarios included for it. Hit the workshop or use free roam unless you want to create your own scenarios.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Class 170 is an older model and does not include any scenarios.
    You can either download a Scenario from the Steam Workshop that uses a Class 170 and a route you own or you can run the train in Quick Drive on any route you own.
    It is also possible to change the Class 170 with another type of train but you have to do that manually

Peter

4. Anneros

Anneros New Member

Thanks v much for your reply. As far as I can tell, the train is not appearing in quick drive.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look in your computer files - it should be in - \Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\Thomson\Class170Pack01.

Peter

6. Anneros

Anneros New Member

Hi Peter,
    Thank you for getting back to me. I've just looked in the folder you quoted above. All I can see is the following folders (see attached)
    ....Assets\DTG
    ....Assets\Kuju
    ....Assets\RSC

Does this mean something is missing? Capture.PNG

7. JFH

JFH Member

Yes, yes it does. If it's the class 170 I think it is, there should be a folder called Thomson. See here:
    upload_2018-10-1_22-53-0.png

8. ARuscoe

9. JFH

JFH Member

10. ARuscoe

May well be in \Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\DTG then as it's marked as a DTG product, but either way the product page on steam does NOT list any quick drive compatibility nor scenarios so it looks like it doesn't come with any.

You can swap the 170 into other scenarios if you wish (there are youtube tutorials on how to do this), look for workshop scenarios or make your own... I've considered downloading it myself and making some just to help out :)

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

First open the DTG Folder and see if there is a Class 170 pack. If that is not there then it's not downloaded

Go to your Steam Client, click on Library, Games.
    Right Click on Train Simulator and select Properties at the bottom.
    Another box appears and at the right side is DLC - click on that Tab.
    The Class 170 Turbostar will have it's own entry - see if the box next to it is ticked.
    DLC 2.jpg
    It should have Install ticked and the word Installed.
    If it's not ticked just add the tick and it should start to download
    If it is ticked but does not say Installed then Un Tick the Class 170, Close the Steam Client fully then reopen it and return to this page.
    Add the Tick in the box - it might be further down the page - and that should make it download.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  12. JFH

JFH Member

Already doing that. Scenario pack for the South Wales Coastal is in progress. ;-)

13. ARuscoe

There ya go then. And then you can have your own scenarios for the 170 on any line you like

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

But has the problem reported by Anneros been solved?

15. ARuscoe

It's not a "problem" in that the pack doesn't come with any scenarios from the steam store, but how to get scenarios for the unit in question

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Post #6 seems to indicate it had not been downloaded.

Peter

17. ARuscoe

Post #6 indicates the files aren't where you suggested they might be
    This quote, taken from the OP, shows the train selectable in game, so to me it IS installed, and the query was regarding there being no selectable scenarios, which from the steam store page is true "out of the box"

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So if there are No Scenarios for the train and there are No Quick Drives how do you Select it in Game without using the Editor?

19. Wolf

Wolf Member

Could he try to use the Class 170 Freeware Livery pack? as that contains a scenario:
    http://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=39

Anneros
    Yeah it's a bit of an issue with this pack, rather buy the Edinburgh-Glasgow Route as it contains the Class 170 and scenarios for it.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/65216/Train_Simulator_EdinburghGlasgow_Route_AddOn/

Now if you have less than two hours played since buying the Class 170.......you could try refunding it and then buying the Edinburgh-Glasgow route. It's a bit older but there are a lot of scenarios for it and an updated version of the route.
    Can be bought with the Class 08 for 3 euros more or wait for the next sale.

As for Scenarios, which routes do you have? Then we could look into both the workshop or at the stuff at UKTS or various freeware sites.

20. ARuscoe

I don't have the pack to find out, but according to the post, the train is selectable as an object (presumably through a filter search) but then no scenarios are available.

21. ARuscoe

So, bit the bullet... Got the pack and cannot recreate the fault. The Class170 from the Steam store DOES create the Thompson folder on my install, but there are no scenarios for it. BUT I also can't select it to show this, the unit just doesn't appear on the available options list outside of Quick Drive