Xbox Tsw3 Achievements Are Up

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zorbsie#9738, Aug 10, 2022.

1. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Some easy reward points to gain there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The achievement list is a bit underwhelming. Will be able to easily platinum trophy the game on PS5 within a week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zorbsie#9738

I think I'll get through these pretty quickly too I wonder though, will TSW2 add-ons have achievements in TSW3?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

H
    This achievement/trophy list is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's a joke. I hope this isn't setting a trend, and that the DLCs will retain nice longer-term goals to work towards.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Those achievements are alot easier this time round. Few hours and will be done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

In playstation this number of trophies hunn i dont know if have a platinum trophy, alot of games with this number of trophies doesnt have a platinum.

• Like Like x 1
  9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

There are 14 achievements. If they make the equivalent number of trophies, this will still be enough for it to be eligible for a platinum trophy. All they have to do is make most trophies gold grade. Terminator Salvation has 11 gold trophies and has a platinum. If they don't make them high grade (mostly bronze), then it will be a game without a platinum trophy (hopefully not!).

10. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

The small number is all because of the PlayStation trophy limit. I'm already picturing all route DLC packs getting 5 achievements/trophies instead of the usual 10 in order to avoid approaching the limit again. There's a possibility this won't even have a platinum with how little number of achievements there are...

I would've preferred if they had the core TSW3 game have the same number of achievements as TSW2 but not have repeat sets for previous content, just have achievements on the DLC following TSW3's launch. Considering how long it took to hit the PS5 trophy limit, it would be several years, in which time DTG would have likely moved to a hypothetical TSW4 - where they can do the same thing again, only TSW4 content achievements in TSW4.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They said on stream last night that they’ve sort of resolved the trophy issue with the help of Sony and that it’ll be easier to explain once we see it in action.

• Like Like x 1
  12. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That will depend how they grade the trophies...

If it will get 14 trophies like the Xbox achievements, then it can have a platinum trophy. I'm looking at a game with 11 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze and it has a platinum trophy (15 including the platinum). A game can have a measly 12 trophies and still have a platinum (all trophies must be gold for such a low amount).

(if a game does not have a platinum trophy I am not put off playing it)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

That's it? TSW2 had more for the core game.

14. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

At least those provide an opportunity for DTG to track player loss during playtime.
    Will be interesting to see how many % achieve the 500 miles one and how this develops over time.
    I could imagine it's a target for TSW3 to actually increase the percentage of longer term players and this is an easy measurement tool for this.
    For us players it's of course not that much of a challenge though (10 runs on SKW and you're basically done) but I figure achievements like '100 PZB runs without a Zwangsbremsung' are not trackable at the moment.
    I wonder if the achievements for the DLC are reworked as well or just copy-pasted from TSW2 - it would be again a good tool to measure a DLCs success...

15. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Due to how time consuming trophies / achievements were for TSW2020 / 2 I am not sure I would want to go through all TSW2020 / 2 trophies / achievements again. Rather achievements / trophies be for new DLC the fact they maxed out PS5 trophies almost at launch says a lot. This way new routes and trains get all the new trophies / achievements

16. trainsandbricks

trainsandbricks Member

At the moment there are still problems with the TSW 2 Achievements. I would be happy if this is fixed (yes they have announced it, but it is not as sure as you know DTG).

What makes Achievement Hunting for a sense if you do not collect all at the end or a few do not go.

17. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

According to Matt on the Q&A stream on Tuesday, each DLC will get 3 achievements in TSW3. All preserved and TSW2 content will also each get 3 achievements rather than cloned sets from their respective games. I don’t know if the three core TSW3 routes will each have 3 achievements on top of the core ones.

Hoepfully this means future loco DLC can start getting achievements again too.

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That would be great if the TSW2 core routes got achievements in TSW3. Could put collectables achievements in then. I did manage to find them in Bakerloo but never really bothered with the other core routes.

19. Masterplan

Masterplan Member

There are 14 trophies in total, 6 of which are awarded for overall distance driven. Yet if the first service you will ever play in TSW3 is ICE service, you will get 4 out of these 6 trophies before you even finish your very first service. Tbh I was expecting something a little bit more challenging.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Princess Entrapta

It's certainly a disappointment, yeah.
    As is Sony's garbage backend resulting in so few on all platforms for this and future DLCs

• Like Like x 2
  21. zorbsie#9738

I have a feeling I'll have the 1000 points before the full game is out.
    Lets just hope mastery challenges actually work this time and they don't lock essential stuff behind the challenges like fonts for the livery editor. :)

22. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Well, these are a pretty uninspiring set. Let's hope the DLC sets are a little more creative and take a little more effort to unlock.

23. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

25. Princess Entrapta

Ugh. the distance travelled, services, and the like are the ones I enjoy gradually completing. I almost entirely play timetables, so not much here for me.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Ooohhh, thanks for the link. So when they said they'd been "working with Sony to solve the problem", what they actually meant was "Sony aren't budging so we're just going to give you less trophies per route and bundle three DLC into each trophy group, with a nondescript icon for each group so you can't tell at a glance what's inside it". Brilliant work, DTG, as ever. :|

I suppose that's at least better than the terrible icons we've been getting for DLC Trophy groups since the Class 465. Comes to something when Rivet are doing better work than DTG.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  27. zorbsie#9738

Those groups are nuts. I hope they are more split up on xbox. I have Oakville but not East Coastway. I want to 100% the DLC packs.

28. Princess Entrapta

On XBox, achievements are a lot more flexible, the general rule as I recall is to limit it to a max of 200 points per DLC, but within that, just go wild on how you want to break them down. So individual DLCs can have 3 achievements easily enough.

29. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Although a understandable choice from a developers point of view as a long time player I find it very boring to go through the tutorials again in order to get the achievements...
    In some cases it's the fourth time after TSW2020, TSW2 and maybe some mastery rewards (I believe tutorials have been there sometimes as well) - not counting the various versions of some locomotives...

Well at least that's some easy achievements to collect for reward points I guess... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  30. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

They are probably all broken…:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  31. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I just read a bit on a german xbox fanpage which usually hardly has any train enthusiasts around there... ;)

First, TSW3 gets a lot of attention and many articles there and is actually quite well received - brilliant for extending tue customerbase :)

But regarding the achievements - one comment by a casual player stated he was able to get the 1,000 GS in ONE setting and feels to have completed the game now - and that it was extremely easy to get them as they just 'popped in while driving'.

Erm.. I doubt - despite liking the game - this fella will turn into a long term customer ;) so for future TSWs it might be an option to create some achievements with a higher difficulty?
    I wouldn't describe the existing ones as especially hard anyway but some are at least quite time consuming - but something like 'run 10 pzb services without emergency braking' or '50 services without speeding and without a delay of more than 2 minutes' would be cool :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  32. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Can some kind person please inform me how I check which achievements I have completed? Does it show up in the game? I have a full list of available achievements from the internet, but is there a list in the game which shows the ones you have completed?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  33. Princess Entrapta

As with all XBox achievements, bringing up the xbox menu's achievements list overlay while playing lets you toggle between locked (default) and unlocked (click the little lock icon) achievements for the active game.

34. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

You can go to trueachievements.com and sign in with your XBox profile.
    From there you can see all your locked/unlocked achievements from each of the various addons along with helpful guides (not always present) and various stats. There are also a couple of leaderboards (driver level + total miles driven) if you're into that kind of thing.

The big question is.... Who is Dave Swinton (the 50,000 mile man) :o

35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys appreciate your responses.

36. Princess Entrapta

Sometimes it's nice when someone just has an easy question we know how to answer and it's a moment's work to get someone back to enjoying themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  37. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Daveswindon the 50,000 mile man would be me!

• Like Like x 3