Is There A Way To Add A Swtich To An Existing Scenario

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by sjta, Aug 9, 2022.

1. sjta

sjta New Member

I have a scenario that came with the game where you go to a station
    Then reverse your train to a siding and uncopule your cars
    Go forward back to the station.
    Change the points to go through a second siding. (here is the problem)

In the scenario although there are muiltiple sidings,attached to the main line, the main line does nothhave a swtich to access the multiple sidiings. Since the scenariio has only manual switches I beleive this switch should be manual.

I have copied the scenairo, but don't t know what icon to hit to add the switch.
    Do I have to delete that part of the track and put in a new track with a switch, or can I just add the swtich.

Never really used the editor so the icons really don't tell me much. I have searched the internet, but have not come up with an answer yet.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

What keeps you from telling us the route and scenario name so we can get a picture?

And it is not unrealistic that the swiches to and from the mainline are protected by the dispatcher and therefore automatically controlled (imagine what could happen if a train is running through the mainline and somebody throws that switch...) If the scenario is done correctly and you need to reenter the mainline for switching, the switch will be set for you if the mainline is clear.

What you want to achieve must be done on route and not scenario level. You can replace a switch of course, but you'll probably break other scenarios by modifying track infrastructure.

If you've never used the editor before, you're bound for trouble. Make a clone of the route and use it for learning and experimenting. There's loads of YT tutorials on route building.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2022
  3. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

It’s a simple process but takes much longer to explain than to do however Torfmeister is correct. Clone it and work on the clone after watching a YouTube video on tracklaying.

4. +1 to a route tutorial on YouTube.

I spent hours trying to figure out some of the aspects of track laying. Then I watched a tutorial and things become much easier.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

"LaZer JET" has good tutorials

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1