PC So What Is There To Do In The Northeast Corridor?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StratPlayer62, Oct 8, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I pretty much only enjoy American Freight, somewhat enjoy American Passenger, not really interested in electric trains of any type, and not interested in anything else really. No offence to anyone who likes that stuff, just not my thing.

To be honest, I'm just flat out bored with Sand Patch Grade, IMHO a double track main line with little to no industry to service is just boring. I enjoy doing local runs, picking up and setting out cars, going into a siding to wait for an oncoming train, that kind of stuff. Start at point A and end at point B with nothing in between just isn't what I enjoy. Sometimes it is nice if say I'm eating lunch while doing a scenario and can't give 100% attention to the screen, but otherwise I want things to do. I did a service on TSW today which I haven't even ran in probably over a month, sorry to say but for the most part I wanted to fall asleep, I was looking forward to every crossing just so I could blow the horn, good thing I had the alerter on. I've done all the scenarios already at least twice.

So my question is, are there many freight scenarios with Northeast Corridor? If so is it just point A-B running or are there things to do? Or should I wait for the next release and hope it is something more to my liking?

I'm very reluctant to even buy anything TSW related because I'm sick of the bugs that never seem to get fixed and the lack of realism, but winter is coming on and I'll have more time to spend running TSxx/TSW so I thought about giving the Northeast Corridor a shot. Or should I just keep enjoying TSxx?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

NEC has a lot of switching and is basically a connection of small yards and terminals.

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I only bought the NEC DLC for the freight operations, there are service runs with many switching. Scenarios and Service mode are around 20h and are very enjoyable.

And the freight route is totally independent from the passenger route, there is also a scenario where you can completely free roam around the yards and in betwen them.

If you love freight and switching, buy it ;)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I just looked, seems like the only way I can buy it is to buy TSW all over again for $52, I don't see a way to only buy the NEC.

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

The freight is actually the best part of the DLC. The passenger part is genuinely terrible. It's kind of the opposite from what you'd expect in an NEC roote, but good news if you like switching!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The price is lower if you have some of the other DLC included in the bundle already.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

THe NEC freight runs are great. Really enjoyable and you also can do some free roam operations using the freight part..

• Like Like x 1