Train Sim World 3 - Southeastern High Speed Deep Dive

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Aug 26, 2022.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 51
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Reads well - now the proofs in the pudding - hopefully in a stream next week?

• Like Like x 6
  3. gibsonaj67

gibsonaj67 Active Member

Well done guys . Nicely written article that excites me and I'm sure this will be a worthy extension to the SEHS. I have high expectations for this route and look forward to playing it in the near future.

• Like Like x 7
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!

The freight action doesn’t stop there. We saw an opportunity to add in freight throughout the route, further bringing it to life in ways never seen before:
    Several times a day, container trains (using the FKAs from Great Western Express) race their way through Ashford International station, on their way to/from Dollands Moor, a key staging point for freight between UK and France. This is, of course, accompanied by all-day Southeastern AI at Ashford. You can also see similar AI traversing the section of the Tilbury lines adjacent to High Speed 1, as well as along the brief section of the North London Line visible just to the north of St Pancras.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

Do you need LGV mediteranee to be able to do the TGV hs1 services?

6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

yes

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

That was really a great Article I am so looking forward to this. Love the new more detailed 66 Timetable.

• Like Like x 5
  8. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

That was a fantastic article. With a couple of genuine and pleasant surprises.

• Like Like x 3
  9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Good to see a kettle on the line, this has gone from a meh route only to be purchased because it came included in a pack to a wow route.

Now just sort out the stuttering guys so we can enjoy the run.....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Any news for the preview streams schedule?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nice to see the jubilee added to the railtour.

I don't know if you guys are aware that during peak times the 465 and southeastern livered 377s operate on the Victoria to ramsgate service?

Anyhow, looking good. Thanks for all the work that's been put into this route.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

My most played UK Route and I really enjoyed the article. Also looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage hopefully next week. Getting quite excited to play this.

• Like Like x 4
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I bought SEHS on sale just to have it, without much hope. I bought 465 the same day. This route is great trains and a good mix of high speed & commuter. Services for 395 are already interesting and include additional attractions, such as changing the power system. After these changes, it promises to be a hit. UK's DRA or better. We'll see. And the sky. Great respect for the contribution of the work to the article itself.

• Like Like x 5
  14. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Of course, with this being a Joe timetable, he's obivously gone above and beyond with this one (along with help from James). Just like what we saw with London Commuter, Tharandter Rampe, the New Journey's timetable for Köln-Aachen and hopefully the update timetables for Bakerloo Line and Hamburg–Lübeck (we they finally arrive) and from the looks of this one, it looks like it will deliver far more than the old SEHS one ever did. Some of my highlights from the article include:

Extra freight services using various wagons from NTP's Heavy Freight Pack and Great Western Express.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, hurrary the HKA hopper's from GWE finally see more use in TSW.
    [​IMG]
    TGV Duplex's running test trains during certain times of the year (Nice, but considering the the ICE 3M from SKA has also been seen here in the past, I did feel like it was a bit of missed opportunity to use that aswell here on... something).
    [​IMG]
    But the best one of course has to be the steam railtour, using the stock from Spirit of Steam. On a side note, I expect a steam railtour layer from SOS will become a common sight on any future modern UK route from this point on.
    [​IMG]
    What I find funny with this image is that the railtour consist is seemingly using the blood & custard liveried Mk1 coach, which is actually more than it actually shows up at any point on SOS's timetable. Which does lead to an interesting question about whether the Blood & Custard liveried mk1 not showing up in timetable mode has been addressed from TSW3, as part of the updates that route is seemingly getting.

• Like Like x 17
  15. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Leaving the Thameslink services out gives me a spark of hope that there may be something planned... :)

• Like Like x 16
  16. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

Appears promising, to be fair. Now I just need to see how the experience of entering and exiting the tunnels on HS1 has been improved since the TSW2 version.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

This makes me want to uninstall the TSW2 version of the route and wait for its much cooler sibling.

• Like Like x 3
  18. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Most likely not until Tuesday since Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

This looks amazing. I am very much looking forward to exploring this timetable! So many interesting and new services. It’s like BML but with good sized driver windshields. And the tease about 5J96; that will now be my first TSW3 run. Thanks for this article and for remaking this route.

• Like Like x 7
  20. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this revised and improved SEHS route, looks like a lot of time and effort has been put in to significantly improve it, I can see this quickly taking over the London Commuter as my new favourite and most used route.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

A word...WOW.

• Like Like x 6
  22. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

A bit worrying we haven’t had the schedule for next week yet. I presume that they won’t be working Monday as it is a bank holiday so we might not find out if and when we have any preview streams until Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Are there No Diesel Railtours included anymore? Seems like a cashgrab for SOS by DTG if not

• Like Like x 3
  24. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

When I read this "Reversing is done, instead of changing ends, owing to the 465’s lack of walkthrough gangways." It seemed like a strange reason for having to reverse a train. When I looked at Raildar Strood the track layout seems to suggest that a train terminating at Platform 1 cannot get back up the line as there is no cross over. Thus the train has to leave platform 1 head toward Medway Valley Line then reverse back into Platform 2 or 3. This seems more likely the reason.
    Strood_layout.png

25. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

To clarify, you are correct in the sense that the only way a train can transfer from Platform 1 to Platform 2 or 3 is to head onto the Medway Valley Line and back up, but this is done as a reversing move (driver staying in the same cab) rather than a changing ends procedure, because there is no way to change ends in an 8-car Class 465. If this service was operated by a Class 375 for example, the driver could walk to the other end of the train and drive the train forwards into Strood, but in the Class 465, the driver stays where they are and drives the train backwards into Strood

• Like Like x 18
  26. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Ok thanks very interesting. Makes sense.

27. There's stop markers along the medway valley line for this procedure.

28. Silberpfeil#1047

Silberpfeil#1047 Member

Truly a wonderful upgrade, but now i am left wondering, do the TGV's arrive on the Eurostar Platforms at St Pancras? And if so, will it be possible to switch them later for a 373/374, since that problem appeared with the 465 on exactly this route?

• Like Like x 2
  29. According to what matt said yea they do stop on the eurostar platforms.

30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

This looks absolutely stunning, congratulations on this amazing work!
    The guys who have built this new timetable are extremely talented and deserve our respect.
    And by the way, the writing of the article is also outstanding.

I admit that at first I was annoyed to have to pay for this route by buying the standard edition, having already the TSW2 version and the 465. But after seeing the effort they have made to improve it, I don't mind at all.

• Like Like x 9
  31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe thanks to Training Center it could be something that would be independent but layer to both SEHS 2.0 and BML.

• Like Like x 3
  32. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am excited for the Steam railtours on Southeastern High Speed - Extended. I hope the engine for those railtours will only be Jubilee 45596 Bahamas, as shown in the picture above.

Edit: My wish has come true, as it has been announced in the livestream.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Looking pretty fantastic in terms of timetabling.

I just hope that all of the other issues with TSW 3 will not taint it.

• Like Like x 4
  34. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Looks great. You nearly got to my station - Herne Bay.

35. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused, I thought the Jubilee being an LMS loco meant it would run anywhere near this route, I'm not saying it should be removed though, the more steam the better. And any news on profile transfer?

36. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Glass half full - This sounds like a really great route!
    Glass half empty - DTG's promised the earth before and failed to deliver. Will this route end up delivering on its promise or will it be another damp squib?

Very interesting that Gen 8s will have the same timetable. How was this managed?

• Like Like x 1
  37. YorksAndy

YorksAndy New Member

The ICE3 in game isn’t TVM430 fitted though, hence the use of the TGV instead.

38. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Looks like there will be some ECS runs as well - always good for AWS alarms.

The fence is fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  39. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Fantastic article. Also the gaps left in the timetable might be alluding to a Class 700 hopefully in the future to really fill out and put the finishing touches on this route. My only nitpicks are that Hoo Junction still looks very bare in terms of scenery assets such as floodlights and gantries. It might be too late for release to touch up on that, but hopefully the preserved crew can give it a MSB-esque touch up for the yard when they get around to it. Also the font on the Class 465 looks...not great. Not sure why they decided to alter it from the TSW2 version since it looked more closely to how it should look in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  40. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When is the stream going to be for southeastern high speed

• Like Like x 1
  41. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Yet we get the Jubilee, presumably lacking AWS etc...

• Like Like x 1
  42. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  43. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Maybe a class 700 is on the horizon, and if they do, hopefully it won't be an abomination like the TSC one(Plus the 700 will actually activate the Thameslink Layer on BML)

• Like Like x 3
  44. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Two thumbs up! If I had more thumbs they’d be up too.

Love the decision to use the 2019 timetable and am very happy to see it is as realistic as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  45. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Same thought when I read the article. Really was the only gripe I had with the original route.

• Like Like x 2
  46. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’ve got to say the lighting and clouds are looking absolutely fantastic!

We’re finally are getting ‘proper’ night lighting, so no longer a ‘fake’ looking daylight whilst simultaneously not being pitch black to not see anything either.

I’m also loving the custom made and realistic and detailed OLE assets. It’s a lot of these small things which really makes the route what it is.

54C57EE4-C400-41FD-9051-B77A8FABAF54.jpeg 3B8B3C9B-45C4-4915-AB9A-B2C563D4DC1D.jpeg 6BDD82DF-6BB3-4AFC-BC04-7A6A394C917D.jpeg 95C4D5D6-54C7-4A20-8EBB-562E63840284.jpeg CF68CE6F-6025-467D-925F-877B2BEF28DC.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Note the PCA tanks in the background at St Pancakes! (well to the right then).

Also the only downside to this is the fact that loads of people have used the ECW Class 66 for hundreds of liveries, Only to find out that they will probably no longer activate on the SEHS as they use the SEHS 66.

[​IMG]

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's a Railtour so they run anywhere they are permitted

49. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

So how many freight services are there?

50. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member