Train Sim World 3 - Southeastern High Speed Deep Dive

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Aug 26, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Joe's magic

• Like Like x 6
  2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

From the article the Maximum amount of playable services in the 66 is 53. But you will need all the other DLC for the layered AI.
    I think 45 with Base 66 (Minus 8 TEA services) This is a rough guess.

"In all, including these layers, you can experience a total of 53 services with the Class 66. "

3. Can we use class 37's though? They still make a occasional appearance down here in the southeast.

• Like Like x 3
  4. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

i.e. nowhere without AWS, which the SOS Jubilee doesn't have.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

The article only mentions the 66. I guess Scenario Planner would be an option if you want to run 37's.

• Like Like x 2
  6. What a pity.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Yes! TSW normally picks the numbers automatically each time you load into the timetable but we can also override it for each formation in cases like this. :)

• Like Like x 14
  8. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

WOW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Loved the article, lots of great points and this route already feels alive. Ashford looks very nice as does the night lighting. Looking forward to a preview stream. Like others am hoping the Thameslink loco DLC is not too far away for this and BML.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

A well-written promo. Does whet the appetite. But we need to see and hear the route and trains to pass judgement.
    Nice to see the " return " of UK freight to TSW. Makes up for the seemingly endless parade of plastic toy trains with " push and run " controls. I know what I'll be driving most of the time.

• Like Like x 3
  11. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Ah thank you. I must of missed that bit. Shouldn't read an article on the way home from work after a 60 hour week

• Like Like x 2
  12. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Some of those station shots londonmidland put up give me hope

• Like Like x 3
  13. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

This sounds brilliant and will make the route much more enjoyable. One minor observation, I'm pretty sure Medway Valley Line services have been operated by Class 375s (rather than Class 465s) for several years now, certainly before 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

I thought there are 29 Class 395s ?

15. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

There are! 26 of them are required for a full days service. 1 is used in a railtour and the last two are static represented at Ashford Depot.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  16. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

17. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Thanks for info

• Like Like x 1
  18. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I must admit that when SEHS was announced as a TSW3 route I was a bit frustrated but after reading this article all the frustration has disappeared and been replaced with sheer excitement, which is rare for me. Well done and good on you lads for doing this, I can't wait to try it out!

• Like Like x 5
  19. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Member

This article has generated some genuine TSW3 excitement for me. And I think the accompanying screenshots are the best we've seen of TSW3 so far, new lighting looking very good. Really looking forward to trying this out. Thanks for the article.

• Like Like x 9
  20. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see the progress on SEH and that there is the Jubelee for Rail tours. Especially on Gen8 too. Does this mean, that there is some improvement for Gen8 on SOS possible too. Especially with the empty yards.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Joe has always delivered on his timetables so far- i'm feeling confident about it.

Regarding Gen 8- maybe they've been more successful with memory optimization than was originally thought?

With Series S also having RAM issues, it might have become a higher dev priority to avoid having even more builds to support (Gen 8/Series S/PS5-Series X/Steam/Epic).

Hopefully it pays dividends across the board.

22. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

Really looking forward to this. The big one for me is that Gen 8 gets the full timetable. Makes us still feel appreciated as a player base and that we are still thought about. Would be interested to know how well testing has been going on Gen 8. Any instances of crashes like of BML? How's the framerate?

• Like Like x 6
  23. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Just wow! :o This is why I love this game when it's at its best. Since London Commuter kicked off with it's really epic timetable, I'm really glad other routes are now seeing more busier, complex and varied timetables too. A big thanks to those at DTG involved, especially Joe and James for all the research and passion. If a lot more routes are like this (and London Commuter) then, for me, the future is very bright for TSW. Just to add, really glad to see gen 8 getting the same timetable.

Finally, some great screenshots - looks fantastic - and detailed, interesting captions from the article too. This revamped SEHS makes me almost as excited for when London Commuter came out!

However, perhaps the only disappointing thing if I've read correctly that there's no longer terminating services to Rainham from Gravesend/Dartford - if so that's a real shame, these were one of my favourite service types from the TSW 2 version considering we don't have Thameslink; so will Rainham Platform 0 now always be always empty I wonder? Oh well, still excited nonetheless.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  24. eldomtom2

What is the point of creating a timetable based on the real-life one if you’re then going to run fantasy services under the guise of “railtours” like a TGV and a Jubilee teleported in from the 1950s?

• Like Like x 1
  25. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

What a great article, very much looking forward to all the extra freight services in particular. Now to cross fingers for a sale to actually appear on the Xbox store so I can make use of the different layers...

• Like Like x 3
  26. redrev1917

Its what 2 services? If the lack of AWS bothers you that much dont drive it, but personally whilst I much prefer driving with full safety systems on, on this occassion I think I'll be able to ignore this in return for being able to drive a kettle on a route which doesnt resemble a post apocalyptic world.

• Like Like x 6
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

not really, it’s £5 more than standard version. Depends what you buy I guess

• Like Like x 2
  28. redrev1917

I see it as thank you and added value to those of us who purchased SoS personally.

• Like Like x 2
  29. docsnyder1911

Or more layers for Gen8 at BML and HMA.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Come on- you're really looking hard to find fault here, aren't you?

• Like Like x 18
  31. docsnyder1911

Exactly. Railtours is one of the best things in TSW. Especially with the Jubelee now.

• Like Like x 6
  32. redrev1917

Steam railtours run all of the UK during the summer rmonths, so I dont really get your point

The only issue is being the lack of AWS and Speedo but on this occasion I think it's a compromise I can live with.

• Like Like x 8
  33. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

What an amazing article! So informative and well-written. SEHS was already one of my favorite TSW2 routes, and this takes it to the next level.
    I sure hope the existing rail tours are still included. Probably the same as the old timetable, so they didn’t bother mentioning them. Would make no sense to leave them out.
    This is interesting! I don’t think we’re currently able to access these platforms on foot.
    And since we’re already on the topic of international services, someone’s got to explain to me why the doors can’t be opened at Ashford Platform 4! Couldn’t really find any info on this online.
    Did they really change the model/appearance of the 465? This is the first time I’ve heard of that.
    Getting all these services and AI layers on Gen8 is simply astonishing. I have no idea how they did that, probably some serious memory/performance improvements made in TSW3. Hopefully this means we’ll be able to get some of the other missing layers/services/stock on other routes as well. HMA, SOS, BML just to name a few.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  34. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

But surely if the base timetable is realistic, you wouldn't see these extra 'fantasy services' if you don't have LGV or SOS routes etc?

Personally, for TSW, I'd rather sometimes see extra stuff like these from existing DLC from other routes as it's value for money as we get more routes to use existing, different rolling stock on, and makes the timetable slightly more exciting - after all, this is only a game. For example, on London Commuter, I wasn't sure if seeing GWR Class 43s at Clapham Junction every hour felt right, but once seeing them in game, I love them, and makes a nice change from all the Electrostars for a change.

• Like Like x 6
  35. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

And that begs the question, WHERES is the consistency, It's like they actually listened to the community for once and they actually toned down the lighting of the route, but still where's the consistency among routes

36. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Besides, although the Jubilees were originally purchased by LMS and spent their active careers in the northeast, nonetheless the version we have is in BR livery, not LMS.

• Like Like x 1
  37. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

They have an entirely new lighting system now, which assigns realistic lumen values to all light sources. The sky is also volumetric now and not just a texture anymore. Should make everything a lot more consistent across routes!

• Like Like x 2
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Exciting.

Hopefully the Class 66 will be configured correctly in terms of lighting so the tail lights aren’t on at the front of the train at the same time as the headlights.

• Like Like x 6
  39. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Impressive and I can see the downloadable content loco down the road a Class 92

• Like Like x 2
  40. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Amazing amount of work has gone into SEHS V.2 Its going to feel like a whole new route with all those additional services plus the Ashford & Dartford Extensions

Can't wait

• Like Like x 2
  41. eldomtom2

And it has vacuum instead of air brakes, and there's no OHLE stickers, and the consist seems to be an SOS one so there's no support coach, and probably a lot more I'm forgetting.
    "Just uninstall the other routes" is not a good defense.
    The different is that Class 43s being diverted to Waterloo via Clapham is something that actually happened and not complete fantasy.

• Like Like x 1
  42. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Kudos on the timetable but really what’s the point without being able to save your game on the longer runs?

All the more reason why Paul Jackson needs to kick some serious backside this week and instruct (not ask) the developers to reinstate the current save feature with immediate effect.

• Like Like x 5
  43. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

53 services with the class 66 not including the ai only services!

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  44. antony.henley

Please just quit complaining.
    If you don't like them then eithwr don't buy the route or if you do buy the route just don't run them.
    This forum has turned into a pit of moaners over the last few weeks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 30
  45. antony.henley

That thought crossed my mind as well.....
    Heres hoping

Hentis

46. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, I have to say SEHS sounds impressive now. Especially, that the whole timetable will be fully available on 8th gen. That means DTG might have done some good optimization job there, so I'm curious if the frame rate will be at least solid 25 FPS all the time.

And I love to hear that there will be at last more that few services for Class 66 to complete! I was always wondering why there is so much freight on German routes and almost none (that means, excluding NTP and TVL) modern freight services on UK. I really like to drive those short Class 66 services on East Coast Way and was always hoping for more to come in a future.
    So, great job guys, whoever was working on the timetable for this new version od SEHS!

• Like Like x 3
  47. samgaming

samgaming New Member

I hope we can use the international platforms at st Pancreas ebbsfleet and ashford on scenario planner

• Like Like x 2
  48. antony.henley

Because we don't really have enough modern day 1990 - present day type freight wagons in the game. Or if we do have wagons they are only compatible with one route. Although that seems to have broken with the 66's and the PCA cement tanks and now the 66 on the TEA's (surely that would be a job for a 60 these days). Good excuse for some Class 60 dlc now. So we are getting there slowly. Also just as a wonder could we see some DB cargo German leear wagons (the car carriers) as static stock at Dagenham perhaps :thinking:

Hentis

• Like Like x 5
  49. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean Laaers 560 autoracks. Even though DTG should have modeled the correct UK version of a German and future Austrian ÖBB Laaers 560 due to them being too big for UK loading Gauge.

50. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Would love a Freightliner pack if they can get the licence, would really boost British freight options

• Like Like x 4