Make Tsw 3 Free..... My Reasons Why

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 27, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

So.....
    I've been considering this post for a while after reading the forums. Having read carefully and considerately through the forums my conclusions are as follows

FREE....
    The main game, this should be free because it's the same as tsw2

New routes - free, it will encourage people to play.

Loco dlcs- free, this would encourage people to download a free route to put the dlc onto.

Preserved updates- already free but they should do bigger updates and add a loco for free.

Streams - free, this is kinda ok but they should make it free more and offer loyalty points to go towards free routes.

In conclusion, to keep the community happy anything whereby a financial transaction could be actioned as compensation for the time for DTG to employ, train, retain, develop people to market, publish and service routes should be free.

Lets all say no to paying for a product .....

Yours truly

A highly sarcastic poster happy to reward people for their time and efforts (but please keep focusing on the issues a tad quicker)

(
    if I've disappointed anyone who thinks it should all be free, I'm sorry, this is satire at the concepts expense) :D
    (minor edit by Protagonist - removed inappropriate content)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 29
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Only free? Surely there should be some arrangement where they pay us for this terrible game we are forced to play.

• Like Like x 14
  3. chieflongshin

That's not too bad actually. I think if we was offered between £20-49 per hour to play the game (plus energy consumption compensation) that would be borderline fair. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

(I guarantee there will be someone reading this post saying "yes I like this idea" with zero concept of money for products )

• Like Like x 5
  4. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

I don't mind paying for things, it's a part of life, you don't get anything for free nowadays (we'll have to start paying for the air we breathe before long lol) and I definitely don't expect to be given anything on a silver plater, however what I do mind having to pay for bug fixes and improvements that were promised before this game was announced.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  5. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

How about you go to your local bakery and ask for a free bread because it's the same with the one from yesterday? :D

• Like Like x 5
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I would happily stump up the £40 for the standard edition tomorrow, in fact the credit is back ready and waiting in my Steam Wallet, but only if they reinstate the bloody save game.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

The bread (TSW2) that Mr Chief Long Shin bought yesterday somehow ended up back at the bakery. The bakery added a slab of dough to it and put it in the oven. When Mr Chief Long Shin went to the bakery this morning they only had this bread to offer (renamed TSW3). It looked funny and had a burnt smell to it (bugs).

In other words they did not have to add much new flour to make the TSW3 bread :D
    I'm hungry for more routes and locos so I'm sticking with my TSW3 pre-order for now

However to attract more players I think DTG should consider making a free-to-play base game. DTG is already into producing DLC's so it would be a perfect fit imo.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Haha you should write novels :D !

I also have a pre order for TSW3 and I made it before any preview stream and I am perfectly fine with it.
    The SEHS extension, the long Kassel - Würzburg route with the beautiful ICE1, dynamic weather, snow coverage and new lighting engine are a must have for me.

I think the real way to make TSW more appealing is to put a proper mod support in it.
    TSC would have been long time dead without the Route Editor and the tools to allow people to create content.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Don't stop there....lets abolish money and live in a Utopian society where everything is free

• Like Like x 3
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I have zero issue with the cost of TSW3 and think it's a very fair price.
    if the thing runs without being a stuttering mess my wallet is open.

• Like Like x 7
  11. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

I disagree with the OP. I actually think that he is rude!

The correct approach is for players to be paid to play the game as long as they endure the bugs and errors.
    DTG also has to put in place a system to fine itself. The fine increases with the amount of time the bugs remain unresolved. I´m totally sure that in this way TSW´s player base will increase a lot and also will become one of the richest around.

12. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Please don't forget the ad revenue, every advert we pass should trigger a cash deposit into our bank account.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's OK we have to pay for the new or upgraded routes, but I agree the base game should be free for anyone. I will not buy it anyway for the full price because the save game is not working, even though I like a lot of the new stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I think the update itself should be free (routes not included, these should be paid for) as the Dynamic Weather, Lighting and UI changes were all possible in TSW2, just not implemented.

I would of bought the German route but I just know it's going to be a stutter fest once you hit high speed (as per TSW2) so my wallet will remain shut until these issues are ironed out, I just can't play anything that stutters so badly, it's a showstopper for me. I can only play routes that require lower speeds, that way the stutters obviously become less frequent and I can just about put up with that, unless the sound cuts out too. As I posted elsewhere, I really don't know why they opted for a High Speed route whilst these stutters are a massive issue.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

DTG has no obligation to give us anything free, but their reputation would certainly be better if they just gave the core update for free as they did with TS.

IMHO the 3-4 route packs are a good enough deal for most people to take it (fingers crossed the remaining streams go well).

Forcing everyone to buy TSW3 to keep getting new bugfixes for the old (TSW2) content will only damage DTG's reputation more.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Some of y'all took this thread way too seriously.....

• Like Like x 7
  17. chieflongshin

Sat here smiling...... it's Saturdays humour free (pun) post

• Like Like x 2
  18. spicemaster

spicemaster Member

The core sim update should be free, the new routes/locos should be DLC and chargeable.
    The SEHS extension should be FREE to people who have already purchased it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

That's a very Aussie smile...
    You mean to say the best things in life are free?

20. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

It...is?! You get it for free if you e.g. buy the US pack and already own SEHS on TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  21. chieflongshin

I'll be kinda miffed it up they change pricing now I've already put the coins in their coffers

22. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I work in accountancy/finance, so I like to think I've got a much better idea than most of what costs DTG face, 20% of the sales price in UK VAT (sales tax) and platform fees rumoured to be up to 30% per a recent article I've read about Sony, would leave DTG with only half of what we pay for content.

I am more than happy to pay a fair price for DLC's providing those DLC's WORK. I am fed up with DTG's promises of things being fixed after release that get vaguer and less committed the longer a DLC has been released. It's blatantly obvious that that work on the SOS fireman overran and was abandoned, so TSW 3 could be worked on.

Whoever within DTG thought it would be a good idea to delay the much promised preserved crew updates for TSW2 needs sacking. Did they really think the community would be happy about this. "Oh but pay for TSW3 to access what you have been promised for over a year, really!" We all know that once TSW3 is released, with god knows how many bugs and problems that all QA effort and release scheduling will go into TSW3 rather than for TSW2, Its more a matter of principal for me, that DTG think they can get away with tactics like this, that has prevented me from pre-ordering.

If this had be released as a free update to TSW2 with £40 bundle of new routes, it would have been a day purchase for me,. The new features don't warrant a new game, a couple of weeks from release that can't even confirm if our progress with transfer over.

I've been a supporter of the game since the pioneers edition, I was willing to pay for content that I knew was not 100% perfect, but I've now had enough of the excuses and sales tactics over the past couple of years. There comes a point when you question if have been taken for a mug.

Its all about the console market and putting shiny boxes on store shelfs, that parents will be pestered to buy, somewhat happy in the knowledge that at least there will be "no guns". Copies of the game that will promptly abandoned, when they realise how much DLC is required, judging by the huge number of preowned copies in my local shops!

• Like Like x 5
  23. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

can't we just refund it? And then re-purchase it again after the price has changed. XD

24. OldVern

But every time you refund (on Steam) you run the risk of being flagged for abusing the system.

25. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

They are not going to change it now, but they can consider it when they release TSW4 in 2024.

26. I imagine the free version of tsw

images (1).jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  27. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Many of us, I think, doubt that the PC updates ( which DTG have been diligently working on for the past 3 months - not! ) will ever come for TSW2.

We've been told that the updates will come for TSW3 first. Why, you may ask. My suspicion is that, once TSW3 is launched and selling well, TSW2 will be quietly placed in the circular file to gather dust.

I'd like to be wrong, but, history does have a way of repeating itself.

• Like Like x 2
  28. chieflongshin

I'm loving the lighting improvement in this one

• Like Like x 3
  29. Possibly but if the apply the fixes to tsw2 routes in tsw3 then it's not gonna be all that difficult to apply the fixes to tsw2.

30. I think the shadow quality might be on the lowest setting.

31. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I‘ll take it if it doesn’t stutter.

• Like Like x 2
  32. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

How about we make the game free, but you have to pay to access the forums. Even perhaps pay per post and additional fee if you report a "totally immersion breaking and unplayable feature that makes you want go back to MSTS".

Additional fees for being old and grumpy?

• Like Like x 2
  33. lorenz

lorenz Member

Yes, I like this idea :cool:

*Free = They will keep adding an in-game catalog with highly requested features (such as usable toilet, working restaurant, station announcements, clothing and character customization, pets and not to take with us) that will lead the user to spend at least three times the amount through the 'now widespread microtransactions system. Welcome to Train Sim World Ultimate.

34. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Hey, that reminds me of Skyrim Basic Edition.

A26-Adventure.gif

• Like Like x 2
  35. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

Might be, but the shadows rendering distance is still exactly the same as in TSW3.

36. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Technically I agree with you but if they could just throw a few bottles of whisky and a couple of crates of beer my way, I would be a happy Hector indeed. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Too rich for my blood, then.

• Like Like x 1
  38. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Please stop dreaming
    50€ for new clouds and 10 fps less is very cheap dude !

• Like Like x 2
  39. chieflongshin

New in this evening…….

To keep the concept of not having to pay for peoples work DTG are now offering train miles.

For every mile covered you get 10p
    For every 500miles covered you get a free hat (max of 2)
    When you’ve covered 1000miles you get invited to stand behind JD at the door as he streams.
    5000miles in a month sees DTG dedicate and make for free a route of your choosing, cost fre with no other player allowed for two weeks.

• Like Like x 11
  40. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Is that all? I was expecting at least 11p maybe 12p at a push!

41. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

loved it

42. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I appreciate the irony of this thread but wanted to post a point about this:
    SEHS is a complex case.
    Technically it's free to you if you buy another route with the game (say, Kassel), however you still pay for it.
    But, if someone only owns SEHS on TSW2, they are getting:
    • SEHS: Ldn - Faversham Upgraded
    • Extension: D'ford - G'end / E'fleet - A'ford
    • Updated 375 and 395
    • Class 66 for free, w/o buying ECW/GWE, also the best version there is, with AP sounds.
    • Class 465 w/o buying it prior.

So really if a SEHS owner (pretend for example's sake they own SEHS and the TSW2 Base Game, only that) buys, say, the German edition, they get:
    • Kassel - Würzburg
    • Existing SEHS Upgraded
    • Ebbsfleet - Ashford Int'l
    • Dartford - Gravesend (the two extensions double the length btw)
    • Class 66
    • Class 465

So should all that (minus Kassel) be free to the player?

43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Free the trains!

• Like Like x 2
  44. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

A pretty paranoid view on it. The Steam page for refunds says this...
    "Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price." Which means that technically if DTG were to lower the price of the core update (which ideally should be free but since most of you seem happy with rebuying a game for the second or third time that won't happen) you would be perfectly entitled to refund and rebuy the game.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

NO NO and NO! How many discussions do we need over and over?! DTG Doesn't plan a free version of the base game so end of this discussion i think!

46. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

The TSW3 Catharsis, I can´t help it to remember this classic:

47. OldVern

Oh I know about the specific sales circumstance and I was also able to get a refund on Sailaway as Steam charged £32 for the Basic version with the Dev wanting a 25 Euro supplement for the Pro edition. Buying direct from the dev was much cheaper. And I’d played more than two hours.

However that said, I did get a warning email a few months ago after several refunds in a row (yes, DTG thanks) that the refund feature is not intended as a means of trying items on approval so to speak.

48. RizGE777

RizGE777 Member

Still paying money to DTG though...so technically not free :D

49. chieflongshin

• Like Like x 3
  50. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member