Installed Ts2021 But The Class 390 Is Not There At All?

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by fdswqe#8728, Aug 27, 2022.

1. fdswqe#8728

fdswqe#8728 New Member

Hey everyone..

So this was on sale: https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/7953-buy-train-simulator-2021-pc-game-steam/#

I purchased it because I wanted to drive the Class 390. But when I open TS the train is nowhere to be found.

It's installed:
    - Norddeutsche-bahn
    - Fife circle line
    - Clinchfield railroad

But where is the 390? I'm so confused. I've looked everyone on steam and I can't find it at all. Any help!

2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I don’t think the 390 came with TS2021. So you won’t have it. The 390 came with TS Classic.

The listing on the link you gave is wrong. It states TS2021 and those are the routes you have, but the routes it actually lists are the ones for TS Classic, not TS2021

3. fdswqe#8728

fdswqe#8728 New Member

So what do I do then? Will I have to buy the 390?

4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

You need the WCML route that the 390 comes with. It’s probably cheaper just to buy Train Sim Classic as it comes in that package with 2 other routes. But you‘d have to check.

5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

390 comes with WCML South I think.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The OP is likely new to TS so there is some explanation needed for the way TS works. That store listing was very weird, seemingly referencing two editions of Train Simulator while giving a completely different one! Assuming the OP doesn't know, TS is updated every year to have new 'base' content. Train Simulator itself has no content, so when you buy a version of TS, you get the routes and trains as DLC. For example, buying TS Classic will get you its routes as DLC as well as the Class 66 Powerhaul loco pack (required for WCML South). You can uninstall all of these and end up with nothing in TS at all. Similarly, some single-route editions of TS exist, such as the South London Network and Christmas editions, which give you TS and just the route you bought.

With the base content of TS changing all the time, it is possible to buy past editions of TS and add them to your account, acting as DLC bundles in a way. This works for every single version of TS past and present, even as far back as the first version from 2009, which I did indeed buy to get some of the withdrawn content included. The OP bought a key for TS2021 and the content included is permanent - no matter when it is redeemed it will always come with the same routes. Therefore the OP should go on Steam (perhaps waiting for the next sale) to buy TS Classic properly to get the 390. Steam will allow you to do this, and you will be notified that it won't add another copy of Train Simulator to your library, but I think that's obvious. I'd also suggest getting the Armstrong Powerhouse Class 390 Sound Pack and the Major Wales Class 390 Revamp Pack but we're jumping the gun here.

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Correct.

As Doomotron suggested, wait for the next sale starting September 19th and grab the TS Classic bundle. (If still available - DTG might put up a new Classic "2023" bundle, else you'll have to buy WCML South seperately.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2022
  8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

IIRC, it was the deluxe edition of TS2021 that came with WCML south London - Birmingham.
    That's how I originally picked it up when I first started playing TS. The base TS21 didn't have it included.

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That's what you get as of now when buying TS Classic: Buy it on sale or look for a steam key, it's a real bargain then (DLC worth 124€).

Again the content usually changes every year in autumn. If DTG continues to release yearly bundles I do not know. (It would require a new package technically. Might call it Train Simulator Classic - 2023 Edition or something like that.)

11.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2022
  10. Doomotron

Interestingly WCML-S is one of the few routes that has appeared in multiple yearly editions in TS, and if we take out the RW1-3 reuse of routes and the Kuju routes in TS2013 it's the only one. However if we take into account the non-yearly editions like Epic Journeys and Train Simulator Collection it isn't, but I won't bother listing all of the repeated routes because I'm pretty certain the only person who'd be interested in that is me.

EDIT:
    Just remembered Sherman Hill was in both TS2013 and 2016.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  11. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Doomotron's advice is sound OP- if you buy TS Classic its routes and other content will be added to your collection just as if you had bought them separately. (It's worth knowing that the same goes for any future edition sold through Steam or any other edition you can find a Steam key for! If an old edition has even one route you want it may be cheaper to get that than buy it in Steam sale or not.) I'd also heed the advice to wait for a sale on Steam since the discounts can be substantial although other sites may have it cheap.

One note- if you get TS Classic through Steam you will get a warning before purchase that you are buying something you already own since you already have TS. It can catch people out but you just need to acknowledge the warning then you can go through with the purchase. This can happen with other DLC because there can be overlap- several older routes use assets from the European and UK Loco's and Assets and US Loco's and Assets packs for example so, if you already have one, you'll see the warning if you try to buy another.

As Tigert1966 says the description of the product was wrong so you ought to be entitled to a refund though I don't know what your chances of getting one would be. For £3.60 you might not mind, you may not have the Pendolino but you can still drive trains, but it's unfortunate that you got TS2021 which is one of the poorer bundles in my humble opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomotron

Something I have been doing for a few years now is buying the new versions when they're on sale to get the routes for a large discount. I'd really recommend the OP looks around on Amazon or other websites to find old versions of TS is they want to expand their collections for a great price. Personally I'd head straight for TS2016 which I found to be one of the better bundles.

13. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I got started with TS2016 (plus Weardale and Teesdale) so I'm with you there although I find Köln-Koblenz a bit fussy- there's a couple of scenarios I can't even get moving with but I'm not interested enough to worry about it. I'm mainly interested in British routes but did get TS2019 when it was on sale.

It's also worth noting that the editions with North Wales Coastal and South Wales Coastal include the older versions of those routes with Arriva and Virgin branding which are no longer available otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

These are getting harder to find these days, and they are required for so many third party routes that they are well worth getting, even if you have no great desire to drive the routes themselves. They are often really cheap as well. The last time I saw the one with North Wales Coastal in it, it was £7. Well worth it, if only to allow you access to all the other freeware and third party routes that that require it.