Iron Maidens Of Quebec 0

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by CPScotty8950, Sep 17, 2018.

1. CPScotty8950

CPScotty8950 Member

I m proposing a hidden railway in Quebec. there is 3 or 4 railroads in the iron ore range. this is a 2 part article proposal.
    In the rural region of Quebec where the ground is rich in iron ore minerals. A total of 4 railroad are in this region. The first railroad in this proposal is none other the AMMC Quebec Cartier Railway running on 259.4 miles of track running north to south running from mont wright mine to port cartier. there are two mine on this railway Fire lake and Mont wright. there are two subdivisions cote nord - Northern Subdivision is 90.7 miles and the south subdivision which run 168.7 miles.

The fire lake mine produces raw material and can mine between march to October due to the ground freezing all the mine raw material is stockpiled next to the track, this is due to the fact that fire lake does not have a crusher and flood loader and loop track. the raw material is loaded into side dump cars in 1x1 bracketing 84 side dump cars these trains are loaded by 3 or 4 loading shovels these train take a 37/40 mile run to mont wright. these trains will dump at mont wright and then head back to fire lake although mining may take place through the winter months these trains are still shifting the stockpiles.[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The main Mine is the mont wright and loadout where the ore trains load trains the train vary in size but are now get made up to average size set train there are/was 80 cars with 1 unit , 160 cars with 2 units upfront and 200 car 2x1 and now 210 and 20 car sets in 2x1 rear dpu and now theres talks of the monster 240 car trains making a comeback these monsters run 2x1x0 the dpu is at the 161 car followed by 79 cars .[​IMG] [​IMG]

trains follow Riviere Toulnustouc Nord south to port cartier. the south sub
    0.0 port cartier
    QR [​IMG]
    Aiport
    Able
    baker
    Charles
    dog
    Eva
    Foret
    Fox
    Georges
    How
    Item
    Jig
    Bell spur
    kay
    Love sud - crew changes
    There are the siding names on the south sub. the locomotive roster is made up of AC4400CW'S ES44AC'S SD70ACes and Alco's C630'S [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Re4-vKlvfW http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/photos/cartier/one.htm

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Glenn Blum

Glenn Blum New Member

I second the motion. With the advent of TS2019 64 bit, the whole route would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CPScotty8950

CPScotty8950 Member

it would indeed heavy long trains and some different operation would make for a good change

• Like Like x 1