Rsn Tracks

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AndrewWhite96, Oct 9, 2018.

1. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

Downloaded the dlc having a blast so far but the tracks are popping so much it's annoying they constantly flicker and change textures it really needs a quick hot fix anyone else noticed?

2. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

Does the admin know if this will get a fix?

3. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi Andrew,
    We've not had any tickets about such an issue so could you please provide a video displaying it.

4. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

Here is footage showing the problem I used a winter setting because it shows it best but I happens during any seasons or weather settings i am using a xbox one x here but i don't think the game is optimised for the x yet but I'm sure it's happening for the other consoles too

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

its been so from pc but just ignore it

6. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

really even pc had it must be a bug then

7. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

On PC you can go into engine.ini settings and extend the draw distance so the ballast don’t pop in like that

8. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Chairs for the rails on WSR do it even with the engine.ini fix. Its highly distracting to the point that route is untouched by me these days. Console players dont have the luxury of tweaking the engine.ini file either so its something that has to be fixed for those users. I mention it here for information purposes for potential new buyers and console owners who might not be aware of the duration of the issue.

9. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

Well I hope they fix it so we don't see the popping as bad in the video above

10. DeltaNui

DeltaNui New Member

With all due respect, how could you possibly need a ticket or video to highlight the existence of this glaring issue? It occurs on every route on every platform all the time. There have been countless posts, comments and mentions in streaming videos about the limited track draw distance. Surely the development team knows this exists. I live with it but it’s definitely most glaring on RSN.

11. TrainSim-Daniel

Hi Delta,
    From the description, it was unclear if the issue described was something new or something we were already aware of hence why I asked for a video as the user had not sent in a ticket previously for me to review. Using it I can confirm that this is due to the currently set draw distance for the rails.
    Increasing the draw distance whilst possible on the PC by modifying core files can greatly increase the load on the CPU in ways we cannot always predict.
    For the time being due to the limited CPU processing power available on both the Xbox One and X we are unable to increase this. As the UE4 engine and our experience with it improves you'll hopefully find we are able to increase it without negatively impacting the frame rate to the extent it would currently.

12. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

I'm sure the Xbox one x can handle it increased once you release a optimisation for it

• Like Like x 2
  13. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

But its worse on the RSN route than on any other route. Its more flickering, gets lighter and darker and such stuff which isnt happening on the other routes. Seems like there´s something else different, cause the track draw distance was never great but the effect wasnt that bad like on RSN.

14. TrainSim-Daniel

Hi Andrew, the CPU on the Xbox One X is not a great deal more powerful than the one featured on the base model.
    Whilst the GPU is significantly more powerful the CPU is still weak when compared to a modern CPU aimed at gaming performance.

15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Each route is built differently with different track etc so it makes sense that the routes would work differently
    It makes it a pain to get right, but it also makes comparrisons between the various DLC irrelevant, because they're not the same

16. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I know that each route is build differently, but it looks like they have got it better optimized on the other routes. So i think that you can compare routes in such things and would appreciate it if they would find a way to get it optimized on RSN the same way.

17. ARuscoe

Or the depth on those older less intensive routes needs less optimization for the restrictions of the hardware

18. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

And your evidence for your assertion is....

19. ARuscoe

Several posts where people including DTG have said that the depth and scenery is a lot greater in each progressive DLC?

20. ARuscoe

And even posts today from DTG stating that issues with the capacity of the Xbox CPUs causes problems for them

21. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Funny- from DTGs own post it mentions UE4 and experience. .

"As the UE4 engine and our experience with it improves you'll hopefully find we are able to increase it without negatively impacting the frame rate to the extent it would currently."

Nothing about..
    "Each route is built differently with different track etc so it makes sense that the routes would work differently"
    Or
    "the depth on those older less intensive routes needs less optimization for the restrictions of the hardware"

I think I'll just go with DTGs explanation.

22. ARuscoe

Great, so no need for any more questions or posts because you'll take their version of things... Fine by me

23. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Basically 3D sleepers are expensive to render. The more track you have, the more 3D sleepers you have to render. If you have a different type of track, such as concrete sleepers with pandrol clips, it will be more costly to render than say simple wooden sleepers with spikes. So track type and quantity of track play a part.

There are ways to mitigate the impact of rendering the track, such as LODs, which are progressively more detailed models that are rendered in turn as the object approaches the player. It's also possible to have 2D track, where the sleepers are textured onto the ballast loft, as many TS20xx tracks have. For console especially, a combination of these is perhaps the best; The main running lines with 3D sleepers using LODs, yard tracks, rarely used platform tracks etc, 2D track.

DTG probably need to create 2D track for use on the console routes. Sure, it doesn't look as good as 3D, but netherless the overall immersion is better as the track can be consistently rendered much futher ahead of the player, instead of the current situation where it pops into existance a few metres ahead.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

25. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

I knew it. They haven't bothered to fix so much of the game, let alone the previous DLC, (it's so broken), yet they go ahead and release RSN and surprise surprise, it's buggy too. DTG are trying to sell us a game that at times is almost unplayable, and not bothering to fix all the issues. I think it's disgusting the way they don't care about their customers. I so want to enjoy this game, but charging $45 for RSN is too much, especially when the previous dlc hasn't been feed fixed So until they do, I refuse to invest any more of my hard earned in a developer that seemingly uses a philosophy of, 'we may fix the game if we can be bothered'. A player on xbox said that in general, DTG don't revisit Dlc's, so I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for a patch that may never come for the dlc, or for that matter, bug fixes to actually optimise the game so it runs smoothly, takes advantage of the xbox one x processing power an runs at 4k with HDR, and has something as simple as vibration feedback, which is pretty much standard fare in console games. Without the vibration feedback the game feels so very bland compared to say, TS 2018 on PC which offers vibration if you hook up an xbox controller. What is wrong with these developers.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Haha. Don't make me laugh They haven't bothered fixing the previous dlc, so you honestly think they care enough about their customers to patch RSN? I doubt it going by their lame efforts with the game so far. This is exactly why I refuse to buy RSN. I'm going to play red dead Redemption 2 when that comes out. Maybe I'll revisit this game one day, but I sure as hell aren't going to waste any more money on it. Not good enough DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

THIS is exactly the reason, (along with the previous dlc not being patched and therefore, imo, remaining a stinker), that I refuse to spend any more money on this game. I want to love it, and I want to play it but due to it being so poorly optimised, and with DTG releasing RSN whilst leaving
    Exactly, console players don't have the luxury of adjusting anything and that's why, after wasting my money on the previous dlc which is still bug ridden and the whole game runs like crap, that I refuse to buy anymore of the rubbish that DTG are putting out. When they can show that they care about the customers and the game actually works, maybe I'll give it another chance, maybe

• Like Like x 1