Train Sim 2 Content Not Carrying Over

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Driver8666, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Is it me, or did the guys forget to have that content carry over. If you try to download it, it says "Something is wrong". I can download it again, no problem, but all compatible routes should be showing up in the Store, under Train Sim World 3.

Or is that a "later in the day" thing?

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well all the old dlc's releases on tuesday

• Like Like x 1
  3. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

That's not the point however. If you have addons that were part of the original package (ie you had them in 2), and they are made available in 3, then by default, those should be showing up under "Add-On's". They aren't so this is definitely a Dovetail issue. The Routes show up in the game for download, but they do not show up in the Store, or under "Add-On's" for the game.

Also the "all the old DLC's release on Tuesday" argument doesn't fly here. If you release a game and say "you can play any routes that you have bought when it's released, and have that progress transfer over (which I didn't have an issue with)", then those routes should be available to download on the spot, without any error messages or even waiting until Tuesday.

In any event, Dovetail needs to fix this issue and have the updated version of routes made available to download off the Microsoft Store under the game. Doesn't matter if it's Tuesday or not. If they make the routes available to carry over, then you don't have to wait until Tuesday for them to do it, this should take effect immediately and on day one (yeah I know, it's not day one, but for the purposes of this, it is considered day one).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  4. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

But this is still early access, it hasn't officially released, DTG said TSW2 content would be available on official release not early access release.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Doesn't matter. They might be violating Microsoft Store Rules regarding this. Even if it is "early access", what if I don't want to play Cajon Pass, and instead play Metro-Morth? One of the posts on here clearly say "your content will be made available day one". Early access or not, it should still be made available.This is considered Day One, no matter how you look at it. If I can see the routes in the game, but not on the Store, that's a problem right there, and I own a fair amount of addons. You have people thinking they can download it, when they can't. Either that UI needs to be changed, or you're going to have to make those available for purchase and download (or added to your collection) immediately.

Either way you look at it, the content MUST be made available, irregardless of how anyone sees it. Early access, is still considered to be Day One. I just don't buy your argument. You can't put out the core game, and then all the addons later. It does not work like that. Once the core game is released, even early access, all the addons that are compatible (and that's includes everything in 2) must be made available. Full stop.

6. ThatOneTrainGamer

ThatOneTrainGamer New Member

1. Were you expecting the game to be bug free
    2. The content releases on the 6th (mentioned several times)
    3. If it’s really that big a problem either play TSW2 with the add ons or just don’t play at all.
    4. Chill

• Like Like x 3
  7. ThatOneTrainGamer

ThatOneTrainGamer New Member

And 5: Dovetail can’t add stuff to the Xbox store directly so go complain to Microsoft if it’s a “serious” problem

• Like Like x 1
  8. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Day 1 does not include Early Access. Day 1 is date of public availability, not Early Access.

• Like Like x 4
  9. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Another day, another idiotic post. Everything carries over on the 6th. Stop getting your pantaloons in a twist. It's been mentioned numerous times

• Like Like x 3
  10. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

1. Already found one. Floating cargo and cars that appear out of nowhere.
    2. Still don't buy that (see later).
    4. Playing Fire and Haze. At the point where I can't see anything in front of me.

11. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

That might work to my advantage, since it's Dovetail's issue (they would say that), and they would more than likely tell them, have the addons in the store if I can see them in the game's interface, but I'm shaking down the C4 right now. Hopefully they learned from the AC4400CW mess. The only thing so far that I hate is the damned horn. Way too loud in the cab.

You might be right to wait until Tuesday. I've found 2 bugs in this one, cars appearing out of nowhere and floating cargo. And this is on a Series X with maxed out settings. Can't imagine what that would look like elsewhere.

12. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Testing out the C4. So far, so good, but maybe you might be convincing me to shake out the C4.
    Doing the Fire and Haze scenario. At the point where I can barely see anything ahead of me.

13. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Go cry somewhere else and stop ruining the fun for everyone else If you don’t want to play cajon pass then go play on tsw2 god. Every day another annoying person in these forums

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Well if you don’t want to play Cajon Pass and you want to play Metro North then go back to tsw2 for a few days . And it’s not like we weren’t told this already

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I'm waiting for Tuesday, since I already found 3 bugs in Cajon Pass:

1. Horn too loud with the cab windows closed. Open, that's a different story. On the prototype, you're supposed to barely hear it.
    2. Floating cargo in San Bernadino Yard. While we're on that subject:
    3. Cars that appear out of nowhere.

Still shaking down the C4. Hopefully they learned from the dumpster fire that was the AC4400CW. So far, so good, except for the horn.

16. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Karen...

• Like Like x 3
  17. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I've already found 3 bugs on that route already.

18. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Not really. Being calmed down by the members.

19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

All of the DLC you purchased for TSW 2 is available today. If you want to play them, just load up TSW2 and play them as you always have done. It won’t be any different (apart from dynamic weather) to playing them in TSW3.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Doesn't show up yet, but then again there's Tuesday.